KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Sony's Super Smash Brothers

Should they make Sony's version of Super Smash Brothers?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Hell Yes 6 40.00%
Hell No 2 13.33%
I don't care 4 26.67%
Whoever made this thread is crazy. 3 20.00%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sony's Super Smash Brothers
Started by: WAF3001

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WAF3001
Randomnosity

Sony's Super Smash Brothers

I think Sony should make a game similar to nintendo's Super Smash Brothers game. You could have Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Lara Croft, and the villains of these guys. You could even throw in some Mortal Kombat and Tekken guys. I really think this game would be cool. If they made this, they could make a spin-off: Nintendo vs. Sony. You could have story modes and the nintendo version would only allow you to fight as nintendo's people and vice versa for Sony. Am I totally crazy or is this a great idea?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:55 PM
WAF3001 is currently offline Click here to Send WAF3001 a Private Message Find more posts by WAF3001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

1st idea is alright but the second one about Nintendo vs Sony and only playing the characters of that system sucks.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 07:07 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

okay, okay
Hey, tou didn't vote in the poll!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 07:13 PM
WAF3001 is currently offline Click here to Send WAF3001 a Private Message Find more posts by WAF3001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Microsoft and Sony should yes, make their own.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 07:35 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

Microsoft only has characters that play on other systems (except for Halo and some SW games.)

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 08:41 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

They are coming out with a game for the PS2, where there are a bunch of super heroes to pick from to battle with, such as Spider man and others.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 08:58 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

Well, that's not the same. I don't really like comic book games that much. It ruins the character(s). Especially if it's a fighting game. Then they'll all be pretty evenly matched which just sucks!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 09:02 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WAF3001
Microsoft only has characters that play on other systems (except for Halo and some SW games.)

Abe and Chief!!!

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 09:45 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

ok....ya nintendo vs. sony or w/e....no

all sony chars....yes

duking it out....hell yes....

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 11:03 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Re: Sony's Super Smash Brothers

Originally posted by WAF3001
I think Sony should make a game similar to nintendo's Super Smash Brothers game. You could have Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Lara Croft, and the villains of these guys. You could even throw in some Mortal Kombat and Tekken guys. I really think this game would be cool. If they made this, they could make a spin-off: Nintendo vs. Sony. You could have story modes and the nintendo version would only allow you to fight as nintendo's people and vice versa for Sony. Am I totally crazy or is this a great idea?

These characters are all coming in randomly. Nintendo's Super Smash bros has similar characters I'd have to say. They're all, cartoonish you could say. Lara croft, and Ratchet and Clank? Spyro and the Tekken guys? I mean, that just doesnt go, if you get what I mean.

It would be a good idea to make a game like Super Smash Bros on PS2 or 3 or something, but they can't make it too similar.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 01:04 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kiske

They COULD have Final Fantasy characters, not to mention if that was that case, that would be REALLY REALLY REALLY cool.

Like Cloud or Tidus with different clothes, like how their alternated sephy and cloud in KH. That would be really cool. With Tifa, Yuna, Cloud, Sephiroth, and some others liek Cecil and unlockables like Kadaj (from FFVIIAC) or Yazoo or something like that.

Could be called Final Fantasy Smash. Or something.
Man im getting too excited. big grin

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:24 AM
Kiske is currently offline Click here to Send Kiske a Private Message Find more posts by Kiske Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

yea and throw vivi and red xiii in there and youd have yourself a kick ass game, and like the poke balls in this game you could pick up materia and summon. that would be freaking awesome....sephiroth would own though

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:29 AM
Jack Diavolo is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Diavolo a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Diavolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Diavolo
moshpit assasin

i thought of an idea like this once except it was a serial killer versian of mortal combat, and there was freddy, jason, hannibal, the puppet master.....

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:31 AM
Jack Diavolo is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Diavolo a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Diavolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

I think Tomb Raider could fit with the cartoon guys. Jak is prety human looking (he'd be like Link) and SSB had humans like ice climbers and Ness. I think it could work

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 03:00 PM
ChickinMeat

I guess microsoft have that Blinx the cat person, sony could use a character like Sly Cooper.

I dont know really, if they got the right characters it could be quite good.

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 05:03 PM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

They have all the right characters. They just need to make the game!

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 09:14 PM
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kiske
They COULD have Final Fantasy characters, not to mention if that was that case, that would be REALLY REALLY REALLY cool.

Like Cloud or Tidus with different clothes, like how their alternated sephy and cloud in KH. That would be really cool. With Tifa, Yuna, Cloud, Sephiroth, and some others liek Cecil and unlockables like Kadaj (from FFVIIAC) or Yazoo or something like that.

Could be called Final Fantasy Smash. Or something.
Man im getting too excited. big grin

Don't forget about Rikku, and Paine and all the others from FFX and FFX-2.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 09:26 PM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Erm, most of these characters' games have appeared on PC and other consoles.........

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 09:58 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Sony already had a fighting game that included sony characters. I forget the name, but i know it was god awful.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 10:00 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

Well, I think the game you're talking about might be way different to the kind of fighting game that we're talking about.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 10:30 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote