KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos Team VS. YOU....

Thanos Team VS. YOU....
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Thanos Team VS. YOU....

Ok same scenario as demigawd's thread only thing Thanos has 2 partners with him. Back from the dead, one of earth's most powerful mutants... Apocalypse! Dr. Strange's nemesis... the one... the only... Dormammu! Awesome psionic and cosmic power, all powerful mutant, and powerful dark magic equals total destruction.

Ok THE RULES... You can choose 1 being with skyfather like strength, and 7 below skyfather level. Thanos and his teammates have 2 weeks of prep. You have a month. Pick your teams. No cosmic cube, no IG, no HOTU, just normal Thanos and whatever he creates in 2 weeks. Villains can be used for your team as well with the exception of Doom. He is one of the only humans imo, that can match wits with Thanos. So he's out. Choose wisely.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 08:16 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phillipan

ego the living planet
binary
phoenix avatar jean
dr.strange
herald johnny storm
gl
jack of hearts
thor

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 10:23 PM
phillipan is currently offline Click here to Send phillipan a Private Message Find more posts by phillipan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Ok...I have a wicked cool plan (I'm smiling ear-to-ear just thinking about it). Here's the team.

Asgardian Destroyer (the Skyfather level)
Thor (he can control the Destroyer)
Martian Manhunter
Absorbing Man
Hulk
The Doctor (Authority)
Mimic
Wolverine

Pretty weak team you say. And right now, I would agree. But stay with me...

Absorbing Man goes to the hardware store and absorbs about every different substance known to man. He also stops at a computer store, and absorbs the properties of it as well as all of the the information he can find on the Internet (he has done this before...after ward he beat most of the Avengers easily). So he can think at the speed of a high-speed computer (we'll say, to be modest, a few hundred thousand calculations and thoughts a second)

Now everyone on the team lines up in front of Absorbing Man. First he absorbs Thor and his Class 100 strength (this doesn't hurt his teammates mind you) and also the magical properties of Thor's hammer. He then absorbs MM (so he's a telepath), Wolverine's claws (so he can change into adamantium) and also Wolvie's blood so he can heal really fast. He absorbs the Hulk, his strength, and his ability to get stronger with rage. Just for good measure he absorbs the magical properties of the Destroyer. So he's a 100+ strength level magical telepath who can change into adamantium at will and heal almost instantaneously (Hulk and Wolvie) and thinks at a speed infinitely faster than normal.

Next it's Mimic's turn. Mimic can absorb up to 5 people's powers, but only 50% of them. He absorbs Thor, Wolvie, MM, and the Hulk...so he's 50% of all of them. But then he turns to Absorbing Man. They both smile. evil face Abosrbing Man is everyone (minus the Doctor..all of his powers might be hard to absorb and control) and Mimic absorbs him. So now Mimic is 100% of the aforementioned people and is also an uber-badass 100+ strength level magical telepath who can change to adamantium and heal and think much faster than normal (though only 50% the speed of Absorbing Man...but it's still hella fast).

Now we're almost ready. Wolverine's usefulness is done so he goes on a picnic while the others prepare for the fight. MM projects some hideous and disturbing thoughts into the minds of Absorbing Man and Mimic, so they're in full rage mode and a few times larger than normal (and adamantium!).

They each have their roles...Hulk is a meat shield, and easily the most worthless on the team. The Doctor will have a shield around entering the fight to protect against any quick attacks. MM will shield them telepathically and stay at a distance. Absorbing Man, Mimic, and Thor (now in the armor, which puts him slightly above Odin level) are the physical guys. They go for Apocalypse first, before he can get too powerful and big. Some adamantium 1000-class punches and a few Destroyer-enhanced Godblasts later and Apoc. is a puddle.

MM and the Doctor have been holding the physical/telepathic/magical shields up for a while while the brute squad takes out Apoc. (Absorbing Man and Mimic have been helping with the telepathic shield). So now the brute squad (easily a match for probably even a prepped Thanos) goes for Thanos and MM and the Doctor are left to deal with Dormammu.

The brute squad beats Thanos an inch from his life and then send him into the next galaxy. Meanwhile MM and the Doctor have their hands full with Dormammu. Doctor is easily Dr. Strange's equal, and probably more powerful, but Dormammu might have him trumped a bit. But now Mimic drops Hulk's rage and absorbs the Doctor. Absorbing Man does the same. And though they aren't as practiced with magical arts as the Doctor (or Dormammu) the three of them combined wailing on Dormammu with all of their magical know-how will be enough to contain and put down Dor. Once the battle is over, the Doctor draws his power together for a while and then sends Dormammu to a pocket dimension that he'll have some trouble getting out of.

Woot! Let the dissenting opinions begin!

-DM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 10:29 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cray z 4 sarah
ego the living planet
binary
phoenix avatar jean
dr.strange
herald johnny storm
gl
jack of hearts
thor

Pheonix and Ego are beyond Skyfather. Everyone else can stay though (at least to my knowledge).

-DM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 10:31 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

how about this for good use of a months prep

i take - Reed Richards, Quicksilver, Rogue, Iron Man, Silver Surfer

that's 5.... i get Rogue to absorb Reed, Tony Stark and Quicksilver.... the Surfer creates whatever materials she needs and suddenly her month equates to years of prep time with the smartest minds in the world working with the the best materials in the universe

the other 2 would be Martian Manhunter and Dr Strangefate for added psi-protection...... though i'm sure Super-Rugue could whip something up in 3 seconds

my Sky Father character would be King Thor..... or whoever........ probably wont need one after Rogue gets done with the prep

EDIT:fudge it....... switch Quicksilver with Flash and we got decades of prep time

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Apr 6th, 2005 at 10:49 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 10:34 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Rune King Thor - the total package - magic power enough to easily beat Sutur and an enhanced Loki, strength, skill, and the wisdom of the ages at his command - he's the perfect leader

Dr. Strange - magic power and the ability to summon the combined might of the Vishanti to aid Thor in taking down Dormammu

The Doctor - magic power to back up Dr. Strange in case he falls short against Dormammu. He'll have enough to spare to also aid in taking down Thanos

Martian Manhunter - psionic power enough to block Thanos' psionic attacks, as well as the versatility to stay untouched while coordinating Thor's commands telepathically

Ikaris - It's also best to have a backup power source. So Ikaris can lend his psionic abilities to back up MM's. He also has enough durability not to get taken out in one shot and the strength and energy projection to hold his own in battle. I'd put him against Apocalypse.

Mangog - Mangog knows Thanos well - and being perhaps the physically strongest being in the marvel universe, has enough raw power to take down Thanos while he's occupied by:

Doomsday - a being with incredible strength and speed. Thanos will have trouble fighting off a combined front by the Doctor's magic, Ikaris - psionics and energy projection, and MM's strength and psionics

Silver Surfer - He'll clean up on Apocalypse. God Cable is everything that he was designed to be by Sinister -a perfect weapon against Apocalypse. Surfer owned him. Imagine what he'd do to Apoc.

Who's playing the role of the counter-attacker? Sentry?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 10:44 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
how about this for good use of a months prep

i take - Reed Richards, Quicksilver, Rogue, Iron Man, Silver Surfer

that's 5.... i get Rogue to absorb Reed, Tony Stark and Quicksilver.... the Surfer creates whatever materials she needs and suddenly her month equates to years of prep time with the smartest minds in the world working with the the best materials in the universe

the other 2 would be Martian Manhunter and Dr Strangefate for added psi-protection...... though i'm sure Super-Rugue could whip something up in 3 seconds

my Sky Father character would be King Thor..... or whoever........ probably wont need one after Rogue gets done with the prep

EDIT:fudge it....... switch Quicksilver with Flash and we got decades of prep time

Not bad...but you've got some work to do. What plans? What weapons would they make out of the materials? etc. And Rogue only absorbs for a little while...not indefinitely (unless she absorbs them enough to kill them). So if she does it early on, her teammates recover but she doesn't have their full power, and if she does it right before the battle her teammates are weak as hell.

So it looks to me like you have a lot of guys who would be out of the fight right after they ring the bell....Reed, Rogue, Iron Man (Tony's great, but not against these powerhouses)...and what exactly can the Flash do to people this powerful? Especially Dormammu, who is a magical being, not a physical one? So right now I'm looking at MM, Dr. Strangefate, and King Thor against the three baddies. And I'll take the baddies.

-DM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 11:01 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by demigawd

Who's playing the role of the counter-attacker? Sentry?

I will too, except against my own team, because it has no weaknesses whatsoever stick out tongue

Playing the bad guy is fun, though.

And I suppose imitation is the sincerist form of flattery, but curse you for taking the Doctor. mad

jk...not a bad team...but you realize I'll have to try and take it down. big grin

-DM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 11:04 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

haha the Doctor was a brilliant choice, Digimark. I would have picked Dr. Druid otherwise.

Now, let's see what you can do against my team. I'm off to spend the nice day outside with my girlfriend, but I'll be back tomorrow and see how things progress.

Later ya'll...

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 11:07 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll need a day or two on your team demi...don't know much about Ikaris and Mangog, and you have the formula for a good team from your Thanos thread down pretty good.

-DM

P.S. Have fun with your girlfriend.....Liar! shifty

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 11:15 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I will play counterattack too. I'm so bust today though.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 11:30 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

A team of heroes and villains, 1 skyfather and 7 under....

Skyfather level = Odin

7 under are...

Demogorge Blade - Muscle and Magic. With the powers of Demogoblin, Ghost Rider, Hannibal King, Blaze, Morbius, Modred the Mystic, Montesi, a Seer... he'd be a good counterpunch to Dormammu. And as a bonus, once he takes down Dormammu, he absorbs all his power, as he does with all his victims.

Deathurge - avatar or Oblivion. Seeing as Thanos has been banned from Death's realm, Deathurge would be one of the few beings in existence with the ability to "kill" Thanos because his victims head for Oblivion's realm. One touch from his weapons and the Titan is on his way...

Adam Warlock - A better strategist than Warlock and he knows Thanos inside out. Plus he can hold his own against more powerful beings.

Nimrod - the most technologically advanced sentinel with no visible weaknesses. He would be immune to virtually any form of attack once my team puts his through the ringer.

Morg with the WOL - with the WOL enhancement he's the most powerful herald who could easily put the kibosh on Apocalypse and put a world of hurt on Thanos.

Shadow King - in addition to protecting his team mates from telepathic attacks, his considerable psionic abilities would be a thorn to all three opponents, also his astral form makes him virtually unhurtable by conventional means.

Blackbolt - no explanation needed.

This is probably not the smartest team ever assembled but with Warlock at the helm, the attack would be coordinated and efficient. If a frontal assault, without any planning happened. Odin would stalemate Thanos indefinitely (lets give Thanos the benefit of the doubt). Apocalypse would have his hands full with Nimrod, Shadow King and Deathurge. Apocalypse would keep regenerating you say? No problem, one swipe from Deathruge and he's gone. Dormammu would get squashed by the combined efforts of Blackbolt, Demogorge Blade, Adam Warlock and Morg.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 03:19 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Reed Richards, Flash, Rogue, Tony Stark, Martian Manhunter, Silver Surfer, Dr Strangefate, King Thor

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Not bad...but you've got some work to do. What plans? What weapons would they make out of the materials? etc. And Rogue only absorbs for a little while...not indefinitely (unless she absorbs them enough to kill them

during the first absorbtion they come up with a way to make her absorbtions permanent without killing the absorbees smile ....still has 30 days left to prep at super duper speed

i don't know what a super scientist can come up with in the equivelant of decades of prep time....... a machine that turns water into hot water?

how about...... creating the tech to give everyone on the team everyone else's powers...... and weapons that fire phased energy pulses that bypass any force fields...... and a suit for Strangefate like the one in "what if...... Tony Stark became sorcerer supreme?" (he invents an armour that instantly recognises threats and comes up with the proper counter spell...... much faster than Strange could alone.... plus it amplifies the wearers power and also fires the standard IM weapons)

Armour for all members..... magical reinforcement for all members

Originally posted by DigiMark007
So it looks to me like you have a lot of guys who would be out of the fight right after they ring the bell....Reed, Rogue, Iron Man (Tony's great, but not against these powerhouses)...and what exactly can the Flash do to people this powerful? Especially Dormammu, who is a magical being, not a physical one? So right now I'm looking at MM, Dr. Strangefate, and King Thor against the three baddies. And I'll take the baddies.

you're missing the point........ my team was created specifically for the optimal prep time usage...... but with the ideas i just thought of (thanks to your prompting) they could also be useful in battle......

my "Ultimate Prep Team" would kick these guys asses

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:04 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Can I pick 8 Thanoses in this one?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:05 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

hmmm....... seems like de ja vu

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:06 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna

hmmm....... seems like de ja vu

big grin

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:07 PM
leonheartmm

no problem here, i choose
1. Nate grey
2. Sentry
3. Cable

Thas all that is required

n jus for the record silver surfer NEVER OWNED cable, cable was already trying to supress his psionic power and didnt want to fight surfer but when surfer pissed him off, cable BROKE SURFER'S BOARD with his power just to warn him, it was only later that he got his arm {and only his arm, which isnt really THAT atrong} broken.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:35 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

1. Nate grey
2. Sentry
3. Cable

Thas all that is required

n jus for the record silver surfer NEVER OWNED cable, cable was already trying to supress his psionic power and didnt want to fight surfer but when surfer pissed him off, cable BROKE SURFER'S BOARD with his power just to warn him, it was only later that he got his arm {and only his arm, which isnt really THAT atrong} destroyed.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:35 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by leonheartmm
1. Nate grey
2. Sentry
3. Cable

your mutants are easy to disable, that's why they got left out of the other thread..... too much mutant power dampening tech lying around the universe

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:39 PM
leonheartmm

not really, nate and cable can be disabled only if they are caught by surprise and since they have a month's worth of preptime, theyll be prepared plus, sentry cud single handedly take down team Thanos.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:48 PM