KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dragon Man V's The Vision

Dragon Man or Vision
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dragon Man 2 50.00%
Vision 2 50.00%
Total: 4 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dragon Man V's The Vision
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

Dragon Man V's The Vision

This is inspired by the current round of the Tournament

Dragon Man is stronger but Vision is smarter and can avoid his attacks by becoming intangible.... can either beat the other convincingly?

Do you even KMC???

Last edited by Scoobless on Mar 26th, 2005 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:03 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

(please log in to view the image) V's (please log in to view the image)

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:25 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

laughing laughing

Yeah, Dragon Man probably can't get a decisive win against Vision, but there are also very few things Vision could do to hurt DM either.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 01:29 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArekExcelsior2

Strikes me that the Dragon Man/Vision part of the fight is sort of irrelevant. Dragon Man is a cruise missile for your team, that's it.

I think Dragon Man would win attrition-wise, but that's not important in this tourney, when you're relying on Black Bolt to be your sniper rifle.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:32 AM
ArekExcelsior2 is currently offline Click here to Send ArekExcelsior2 a Private Message Find more posts by ArekExcelsior2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

how about a few ideas on how either of them might win this???

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:32 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ArekExcelsior2
Strikes me that the Dragon Man/Vision part of the fight is sort of irrelevant. Dragon Man is a cruise missile for your team, that's it.

I think Dragon Man would win attrition-wise, but that's not important in this tourney, when you're relying on Black Bolt to be your sniper rifle.

I know i said this was inspired by the tourny, but i also want to know what would happen if it were just these two fighting..... just out of curiosity.... any ideas?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:46 AM
ArekExcelsior2

By attrition, I mean "Give them 24 hours, Vision makes a mistake and gets clobbered, phasing shorts out, downhill from there."

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:48 AM
ArekExcelsior2 is currently offline Click here to Send ArekExcelsior2 a Private Message Find more posts by ArekExcelsior2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Vision is way less likely to make a mistake than DM........ DM has the IQ of a small child...... give them 24 hours and Vision will have used the environment to take him out

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 04:37 AM
ArekExcelsior2

Only problem is that, if Dragon makes a mistake, he has Class 100 strength to mop up the hits. If Vision makes a mistake, he eats Class 100.

It's odd to me that Dragon Man is so hugely strong, yet the rest of his abilities suck. 30 mph flight?! What the crap is that?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:14 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

it gets him where he's going though....... if somewhat slowly........ i think the fact that he's so stupid will give Vision enough edge to beat him

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:42 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Didn't Spider-Man beat him once?

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:43 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Spider-Man has fought Dragon Man a few times......... he's never beaten him as in knocked him out but he always "wins" their encounters

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:52 AM
ArekExcelsior2

Actually, looking again at Vision's powers: Partially merging, density meteoring, or blasting makes it a lot harder to decide. It primarily depends on the environment and how long Vision can keep intangible and evading the destruction Dragon Man's gonna throw at him.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 05:57 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Vision can stay intangible indefinitely....... maybe he could use the old fly high and drop at full density trick on top of DM repeatedly

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 06:23 AM
ArekExcelsior2

I actually don't know the canon as far as him staying intangible indefinitely. Further, even if he's gaseous, he's still physical. That means he can still be disintegrated by a flame blast.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 06:26 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

he isn't gaseous so much as phased....... or else he wouldn't be able to pass through walls and stuff like he does

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:06 PM
ArekExcelsior2

Right, he's PHASED, but he still exists in the physical plane - that is, he has only lowered his density, not astrally or ethereally traveled. That means he still has molecules, which in turn means he's vulnerable to heat.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 11:38 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

well energy blasts of multiple varieties pass through him on a regular basis (or they did before his recent dismemberment) i don't have any specific cases of heat passing through him to quote ........ anyone???

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 11:48 PM
ArekExcelsior2

I'd personally argue that that's fairly silly, since his power is only density control, but a regular energy blast is not heat as intense as Dragon Man is blasting, nor does it have the molecular agitation properties.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 12:39 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

hmmmm...... i'd rather go by what his reaction has been in the past to flame attack........ it must have happened sometime

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 02:15 AM