KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » old movie "Punisher" vS new movie "Punisher"

old movie "Punisher" vS new movie "Punisher"
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Attachment: images.jpg
This has been downloaded 88 time(s).

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 10:31 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Dolph Lundgren... lmao

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 11:13 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
black wolverine
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol i forgot all aboutn that movie wait a minute did marvel have anything to do wit dat movie or was punisher just a crackhead by him self and no label

new movie is betta but i still like the old 1

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 04:08 AM
black wolverine is currently offline Click here to Send black wolverine a Private Message Find more posts by black wolverine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Never saw the new one...I heard it sucks...opinions?
Saw the old one...I remember he killed tons of people. *Thumbs up*

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:12 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I liked the old one better than the new one. Travolta sucked as a bad guy once again. The "new movie"Punisher wasn't as tormented as the old movie version. he had hearty laughs with that neighbor kid and this was late in the movie. The Punisher never has a laugh. Dolph L would kick his ass. This new Frank Castle was to emotional (sweet) for me. The Punisher is heartless. Sometimes i think he's a badguy.... What is he anyway. good? or bad.. prob in between. Anyway.
Old Pun Wins!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:23 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

Yeah i'd venture to say that the old punisher would win. While they're both in pretty good physical condition dolph is bigger and has better h2h remember when he fought all those machine gun totin ninjas coming down the slides? lol. good times. While the new punisher seemed to just be more mortal. He was way more human than dlph's character appears to be. IMO anyway. With weapons though, it seems dolph is probably better on the fly while the new punisher would probably waste him if given decent prep time.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:26 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

I loved the old movie. there was an atmosphere
of doom and depression underneath it all.

And Lungren kicked serious a** throughout the
whole film.

The two villians were also pretty cool both the
guy who eventually works with the Punisher to
get his kid back, and the Yakusa leader.

Great movie!

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 05:53 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

I hated it when i was a kid....it needed more kung fu fighting IMO but I can appreciate it slightly more now.......I just have to reeeeeeally try hard to ignore the bad acting. lol. still better than most of te crap I see nowdays. Amityville horror anyone?

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 06:01 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

New Punisher.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:33 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joker1237

the old one. I mean the guy played IVY DRAGO. I MUST BREAK YOU. YOU WILL LOSE.

Thsos words alone will scare the new punisher. lol

Have a laugh evey now and than.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 03:56 AM
Joker1237 is currently offline Click here to Send Joker1237 a Private Message Find more posts by Joker1237 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

In a fight the old one,but overall the new punisher was soooooooooooo much better.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 30th, 2005 03:59 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

for the budget of the original, it was a damn masterpiece. The original punisher had a far better story, and dialogue, but tanked with the acting and production.

the new punisher is just 50 years of cliche vigalante and revenge stories crammed into a 90 minute movie. the new punisher felt as if it had very little to do with franks character.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:36 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

agreed...

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:42 AM
jinXed by JaNx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jinzin
Amityville horror anyone?

was that really that bad? let me ask you this, is it bad even for people who like bad movies? I was so tempted to see it because i have a fetish for bad horror movies.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:49 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

I love bad horror movies...but this just sucked...it didn't even have a good "make fun of it" kind of value......it's no evil dead that's for sure....

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:55 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I love bad horror movies...but this just sucked...it didn't even have a good "make fun of it" kind of value......it's no evil dead that's for sure....

yup evil dead was bad but very funny i haven't actually seen the old punisher movie someone get me a link or a pic or SOMETHING and i'll be able to judge

Old Post May 30th, 2005 08:24 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jabberwock

Oh, man, has it been a long while since I've seen the old Punisher movie. The dirty nasty feel of the old movie really made the movie, even if it was accidental. It felt like PUNISHER.

The new Punisher, as happy as I was to see it replace the older version, just wasn't as grimy or mean. It seemed to "clean". Then again, the older version never actually called him the Punisher. Ever. Maybe once or twice.

Tough call, but I say old Punisher.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 08:40 AM
Jabberwock is currently offline Click here to Send Jabberwock a Private Message Find more posts by Jabberwock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Yeah but old punisher ran through things way too fast.They can't locate him,yet he rides around in the sewer with a motorcyle?

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:25 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dolph was a Kyokushinkai Karate champ

Yeah i'd venture to say that the old punisher would win. While they're both in pretty good physical condition dolph is bigger and has better h2h remember when he fought all those machine gun totin ninjas coming down the slides? lol. good times. While the new punisher seemed to just be more mortal. He was way more human than dlph's character appears to be. IMO anyway. With weapons though, it seems dolph is probably better on the fly while the new punisher would probably waste him if given decent prep time.

Both films were rubbish imo Punisher does not translate well into movies, The revenge flick is a thing of the past its all been done.

They just seem naasty now, If you are a fan and want to see the nastiest watch the Exterminator, Its early 80's but more like the Punisher than the Punisher movies big grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on May 30th, 2005 at 04:47 PM

Old Post May 30th, 2005 04:45 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

revenge is the oldest story in the book. The revenge premise will NEVER get old. The punisher should by all means be a fairly easy story to adapt on film, simple and straight forward.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 02:48 AM