KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Halo1+2 Appropriate for a teen?

Halo1+2 Appropriate for a teen?
Started by: clulesmister

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
clulesmister

Halo1+2 Appropriate for a teen?

I'm setting up this thread to find out just how violent Halo1+2 are. I am not alloud to play either game, because I am under the age of 17roll eyes (sarcastic) .I would like to play the game because everyone loves it and I would really like your help. How violent is the game, and would I be alloud to play it. PLease give a rating on how violent the game is and would it be appropriate for children under 17? confused

Last edited by clulesmister on Nov 19th, 2004 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 12:27 AM
clulesmister is currently offline Click here to Send clulesmister a Private Message Find more posts by clulesmister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

There is no violence...only images of violance. There isn't really anything gore about both Halo titles. You basically shoot around a bunch of weird looking creatures called the Flood. Now on the other hand I really don't see why the game is rated M. Actually, for me rating video games is stupid.

I'll probably say the game is fine for ages 13-16 years old.

But I really don't see that way. I let my 8 year nephew play it when he feels like it.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 12:59 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

yea...it's rated M, but shouldn't be confused I could name dozens of games rated T that are more violent

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 01:50 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

Actually the game is rather violent.... a lot of blood comes out of the little buggers and the flood if you look real close are composed of body parts laughing out loud yet i have seen far violenter games.... humans do not shed too much blood unless you take a malee at them on the floor.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:02 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Most of the gore/blood is from the aliens though, and it's obvious enough that it's not real, which is what a Mature rating normally will get its rating for..."Realistic Violence/Blood/Gore", and Halo is anything but realistic

I'm a signature!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:07 AM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

So true... it may also be the "I can't have it, so I'll get it" factor among kids.. they want what they can't have. Probably not as much, but still.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:12 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

go here for the thread on how violent it is :http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f66/t310734.html

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:12 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kohldia
Wild One

I've played both, my younger brother who's 13 loves playing Halo 2 with me so I dont see what the huge deal is anyway.

Burned and Scarred, but just as dangerous as a wildthing.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:31 AM
Kohldia is currently offline Click here to Send Kohldia a Private Message Find more posts by Kohldia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clulesmister

thx

thx a lot you guys please send in more posts (make it more convincing) big grin

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 02:59 AM
clulesmister is currently offline Click here to Send clulesmister a Private Message Find more posts by clulesmister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clulesmister

by the way, thanx a lot raventheonly, that will really help me be able to play it

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 03:00 AM
clulesmister

By the way I am only playing this game in Multiplayer at my friends house, I wont be fighting the flood or many other creatures.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 03:02 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by clulesmister
by the way, thanx a lot raventheonly, that will really help me be able to play it

I have a six year old brother who plays it to so

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 03:07 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DiViNe diFiNIty

i agree this game shoudn't be taken to seriously with the rating because there is only little areas of violence e.g only if you look carefully at the flood you can see that they are made of various body parts.
halo 1 and 2 rock and i play them over and over.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 10:04 AM
DiViNe diFiNIty is currently offline Click here to Send DiViNe diFiNIty a Private Message Find more posts by DiViNe diFiNIty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

pff.. my nephews n nieces play it.. and they range from 7 to 15

as long as you arent gonna go pulling triggers up in your neighborhood, who gives a hell if its violent?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 12:31 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clulesmister

hey for my mom's sanity, could you not use bad language?

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 08:46 PM
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

You can't play Halo 1 and 2 because you are under 17?

Hahahaa

It so sucks for you!!!

Most good games are 17 rated or above...

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 09:11 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

quote:
Originally posted by clulesmister
hey for my mom's sanity, could you not use bad language?
two words : ...newb laughing

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 09:53 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
uQifg2WV
The Beginning and the End

Not really that violent. I'm 16 'n I play it in front of my mom, and even when I put my baby sister to sleep. She falls a sleep to Halo 2 almost every night, and she has yet to show signs of aggression that didn't exist before she started watching me play. In fact, most of the time I give her a controller. She's only 1.

Benighted.
Exhaling the wail of black widowhood's toll
Waxing eternal night entered Her soul

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 10:06 PM
uQifg2WV is currently offline Click here to Send uQifg2WV a Private Message Find more posts by uQifg2WV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Tch...Halo 1 and 2 aren't even violent shotting games!!!

Quake or Unreal Tournament are violent shotting games..

Halo games don't really have any gore...sure there is blood but you know....

I use to play Turok when I was little...that was more violent than Halo also....

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 12:18 AM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

violence would be like dismemberment or disembowlment or overly excessive bleeding.. halo has none of the above.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 12:37 AM