KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Prince Of Persia 3 Screens: Hes Still Dark

Prince Of Persia 3 Screens: Hes Still Dark
Started by: ChickinMeat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ChickinMeat

Prince Of Persia 3 Screens: Hes Still Dark

http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media....html?fromint=1

quote: (post)
Prince of Persia 3 Announced (Xbox)
The Prince returns to save his kingdom in his latest adventure.
By Eduardo Vasconcellos | April 25, 2005

Ubisoft announced today that Prince of Persia 3 is currently under development for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and GameCube.

Set to be released late this year, Prince of Persia 3 will improve upon what was already laid before it in its predecessors. Using the talent, vision and ingenuity of Ubisoft's developers, Prince of Persia 3 boasts that it will enliven the franchise with a vitality and story twists that will impress and satisfy long-time fans and newcomers alike.

"Prince of Persia 3 promises to be THE best instalment in the legendary franchise," said Tony Kee, vice president of marketing for Ubisoft. "By combining two playable characters in a masterly balanced gameplay, with the perfect mix of acrobatic moves and a compelling storyline, the Prince of Persia will appeal to both Sands of Time and Warrior Within fans alike. The Prince is back to reclaim his kingdom, and he has a few surprises in store…"

In his latest adventure, the Prince of Persia returns to Babylon with his love Kaileena. Instead of returning to his tranquil home, he finds his homelands torn apart by war and the kingdom turned against him. Thie prince is captured and Kaileena sacrifices herself and unleashes the Sands of Time in order to save him. Now hunted as a fugitive, the Prince discovers that past battles have stirred a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him.

Game features include the ability to play as two distinct characters and choose your own style of fighting thanks to the Free-Form Fighting system; battle freely through Babylon - on rooftops, streets and underground passageways; a dramatic story as you fight your way to the truth of the sands of time; and of course, manipulate time to battle your enemies.

Prince of Persia 3 will be showcased at this year's E3 at the Ubisoft booth.

What do you guys think of this? I feel most of you will be disapointed, because he is still dark like he was in Warrior Within.

Me, im looking forward to it, definatly one of my top 5 game series'

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 08:18 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Strange
Master of the mystic arts

I miss my smart-ass prince from the first game.

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 01:33 AM
Doctor Strange is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Strange a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Strange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I guess Ubisoft had more success with the "bad ass" looking Prince than with the previous clean cut and cocky charming prince. Personally I hate it the darker prince. Is a shame this series took a different route with the image of the prince. thumb down

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 04:11 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I like Dark Prince

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 04:29 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I think his dark side is awesome because it took more of an artistic perspective to create... as long as the gameplay doesnt suck, I'm all for it

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post May 2nd, 2005 06:35 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Strange

You're kidding me, right? The first one was much more artistic in all forms since they didn't have to depend on being all dark and gloomy and edgy.

Really man, that time witch at the beginning of the game should have worn some performance fleece or something in the middle of the rain.

Old Post May 3rd, 2005 10:09 PM
Doctor Strange is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor Strange a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor Strange Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

props to penny arcade, good stuff!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:25 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

hey I never said they did it right.. Im saying the model itself is very dark and gritty... I usually cant stand something when its overtly clean and polished.. and that comic is hilarious laughing

Old Post May 4th, 2005 12:46 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor Strange

She was really ugly too. I don't understand how she was supposed to be a 'suggestive theme'. Maybe towards celibacy!

Old Post May 4th, 2005 02:14 AM
ChickinMeat

maybe they meant the girl in red was a suggestive theme

Old Post May 4th, 2005 08:04 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 07:01 AM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

PoP 3 Trailer (kinda short IMO)

.mov : http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6753&type=mov

.wmv : http://gametrailers.com/player.php?id=6753&type=wmv

its high def, so if you dont wanna wait for it to load theres a smaller file size on the front page of www.gametrailers.com

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 02:34 PM
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I honestly hate the "angst" Prince.

I really don't know what was so wrong with the first one. It was charming and I thought it was dark enough, but still universal, in an Indiana Jones kinda way. It was magical and fun. It stood out - yet it didn't sell enough.

Cue the sequel - angsty Wolverine Prince with an emphasis on (yawn) combat. It blended in to the generic crap already on the shelves - yet it sold.

I blame the public - nobody bought the first game so they had to pull marketing crap like this in order for the sequel to sell. Stupid, stupid people.

Ah well, it looks like the gameplay from the original will make a return for 3. Shame about the testosterone overload imagery.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 02:46 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

its sorta true.. I did like how nicely the first prince animated, but this kind of 'beat em up' genre doesnt really offer much replay value, unless the game is really hard and there is coop or something... (possibly original gameplay implimentations would help too.. like God of War's powerups and different weapons (I think..))

as for the darker prince.. I enjoy it because its more mature.. but I agree that his maturity could have been handled in a different way

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 03:23 PM
Red Superfly

I don't consider the darker prince to be more mature at all. In fact I think it to be quite the opposite.

The first Prince Of Persia oozed maturity. It didn't pander to the lowest common denominator. The sequel looked like it was redesigned by an acne ridden 13 year old who has read too many Spawn comics.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2005 03:26 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
It blended in to the generic crap already on the shelves - yet it sold.

Ironically i dont think it did, i think i remember seeing somewhere that it sold pretty much near the same mark as sands of time.

Supposedly 3 is a mix of both, so that should be good.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 10:20 AM
Red Superfly

Oh right. Well I assumed it sold more because they kept that style.

Man I really miss the old look.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2005 01:00 PM