KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » People call Anakin stupid so...

People call Anakin stupid so...
Started by: Bishop X

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bishop X
Restricted

Account Restricted

People call Anakin stupid so...

What if he had a vision about his turning and all the events afterward. Do you think he would still be dense enough to still turn and kill all those younglings etc?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 05:56 PM
Click here to Send Bishop X a Private Message Find more posts by Bishop X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reverand89

yes actually i think he would.i think he would see it and think"i will never let that happen to me"and the same events would still take place.

Behold the power of the monkey!!!

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 06:04 PM
Click here to Send Reverand89 a Private Message Find more posts by Reverand89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
neo313
spartan 117

ahh anakin isn't THAT stupid, he is blinded by love, being manipulated by palpatine, and he is overconfidant. these things cloud his judgement

he had a vision of padme dying, then he kills her. so yes, one way or another, he still wouldve turned. kind of like one of those shakespere books I think. like he is the cause and the effect. if he never had the vision, he wouldnt have gone evil

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 07:25 PM
Click here to Send neo313 a Private Message Find more posts by neo313 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by neo313
ahh anakin isn't THAT stupid, he is blinded by love, being manipulated by palpatine, and he is overconfidant. these things cloud his judgement

he had a vision of padme dying, then he kills her. so yes, one way or another, he still wouldve turned. kind of like one of those shakespere books I think. like he is the cause and the effect. if he never had the vision, he wouldnt have gone evil

1 - he didn't killed her. She lost her will to live because of all events.
2 - Even if he hadn't the vision, uncle palp would have found a way to turn him.

One thing you're kinda right. It looks shakesperian jeje Happy Dance

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:03 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Perhaps the visions were given to him by Palpatine?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:07 PM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
1 - he didn't killed her. She lost her will to live because of all events.

Anakin had his hand in a lot of those events.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:12 PM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

He was having preminissions, he didnt' know he would turn to the darkside... If only he heeded yoda's advice then he wouldn't have turned.

THen again when you are week minded and have a Sith Lord constantly boosting your ego and egging you on, your gonna turn....

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Rankkor
Shikido Master

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Anakin had his hand in a lot of those events.

Then in your perspective, palpatine killed her. Or maybe obi wan for being there and enrage anakin. or or or

Fear the dark corners

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:15 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Rankkor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Rankkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by Darth_Rankkor
Then in your perspective, palpatine killed her. Or maybe obi wan for being there and enrage anakin. or or or

Nooooo... I'm saying her love was part of the cause of the republic falling, the war, became something she hated, denied her pleas to come back to her, then tried to kill her. And on top of that, she knew she was going to lose a friend, a her love, or both.

She indeed didn't have much to live for. Even if all the events still took place but with a different apprentice to Sidious, she probably would of taken it better because she'd still have Anakin and thus not of lost everything.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Styles

You see, all you star wars fans... Anakin's demise/ fall to the dark side was because of a WOMAN....

Leave it to a chic to ruin a guy...

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:38 PM
Click here to Send Jedi Styles a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Styles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I thought the "lost the will to live" excuse for Padme dying was a bit weak. What about the 2 children she gave birth to? Wouldn't they be enough for her to keep living? I actually prefer to fool myself and say Anakin killed her, it makes his story a bit more tragic and makes Padme seem like less of a quitter.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 08:57 PM
Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

He had a vision of himself turing into vader on nelvan during his unofficial trial of the spirit in clone wars chapter 24. It distrurbed him a lot but he didn't want to talk about it.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 09:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bishop X
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jedi Styles
You see, all you star wars fans... Anakin's demise/ fall to the dark side was because of a WOMAN....

Which is why there is room for jingoism to an extent... and misogyny in this world.

Old Post Jun 8th, 2005 09:41 PM
Click here to Send Bishop X a Private Message Find more posts by Bishop X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Originally posted by Jedi Styles

I suppose someone's going to mention eve here roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seriously though, if this conversation could even be serious....Padme's fate, though sad, was from a certain point of view the will of the force...nothing Anakin did or didn't do different would ahve changed that

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 03:00 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Originally posted by JKozzy
Perhaps the visions were given to him by Palpatine?

wink I was thinking the same thing. We never really learn a whole lot about the powers of the sith. Maybe they have Sith mind tricks...

You know... like the Jedi mind trick but much more invasive and controlling... hence dark side! cool

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 03:03 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

He's a nutcase. Period.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

anakin is incredibly dense i mean it took him long enough to get suspicious about palps. he didn't even think he might be dodgy when he kept bigging up the sith.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2005 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
green dude

Well im surprise they didn't think of it sooner why would palps want power what was his benifits you see benifits he had the benifit of controling pretty much everything.

And he makes Ani think he can help him yeash what books has Ani been reading the bad guys are bad aka palps evil Sith evil Palps+control+ Sith lord = bad guy ugly hidious villan.

Anikan should have told the consule he and Padme were a couple and then in the end find out how to save her but than no sequals stick out tongue

GL wanted it to have more than 3 movies and he'll be famous for that the longest movie series in history i think and everyone still like em that what i thinnkm is kinda amzing big grin.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:08 AM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

Lord of The Rings would of beaten them if they wanted for longest films..

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 11:26 AM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dresta

Originally posted by green dude

GL wanted it to have more than 3 movies and he'll be famous for that the longest movie series in history i think and everyone still like em that what i thinnkm is kinda amzing big grin.

no actually it's not the longest movie series in history there hav been like 10 nightmare on elmstreets and i'm sure there r others

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:57 PM
Click here to Send Dresta a Private Message Find more posts by Dresta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote