KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Was there a part you antcipated that didnt live up?

Was there a part you antcipated that didnt live up?
Started by: Ast Rofan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Was there a part you antcipated that didnt live up?

*places usual "if unnecessary close this thread" disclaimer* big grin

Was there anything you looked forward to that came of kinda weak.

For me GG was awful but I never liked him so it didnt matter, his spinning saber bit was cool though.

The youngling scene was a real letdown and I am not sure exactly why/ Maybe because the lighting was very dark and you couldnt see Anakin very well, maybe because the "stone cold look" we heard about wasnt as menacing as he can be. Or maybe because they didnt pick a cute enough kid to talk to him, maybe a little girl woul put more umph into it. I was very suprised by the lack of reaction when this scene was shown.(though my nonSW fan friend did a double take)

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:20 PM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Yoda
The One and Only

i thought the battle of Kashykk(don't know spelling) was a big let down.

sig by Ast Rofan "Remember the 18th!!! Remember the 4th!!! Remember the Grill!!!"

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:38 PM
Click here to Send Lord Yoda a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Yoda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

I was a little disappointed by Chewbacca and Kashyyyk's role in the movie. I wished we had seen more of this or more or Yoda actually commanding/helping the wookiees on that planet.

And I was a little disappointed by the Mace Windu fight scene. All Sam Jackson talked about was how he didn't want to go out like a punk and in fact, he really did!

I thought Utapau was great!! Obi-Wan on that planet rocked. That's how I kind of wished Kashyyyk had been... more of Yoda doing something there.

And, though I am not saying we needed to see graphic violence, I wish we had seen more of Anakin dueling in the temple.

Last edited by notDeadYet! on May 19th, 2005 at 09:42 PM

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:39 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Texansfan05
Jedi Knight

For the most part the movie didn't let me down I wish some of the duel's had been a bit longer. I mean is it just me or was the Dooku fight 2 min long. But I really enjoyed ROTS and I can't complain to much about it's now my favorite Star Wars movie.

sig by Ast

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:47 PM
Click here to Send Texansfan05 a Private Message Find more posts by Texansfan05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Yoda didn't fart........

How could Supershadow be so wrong????

Old Post May 19th, 2005 09:50 PM
Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unno

Hayden in the Vader suit was disappointing for me. He just didn't look like Vader. (The Vader lines were kind lame too.)

Also, the lack of explanation about disappearing Jedi and the COMPLETE ignoring of Sifo-Dias pissed me off. Still, great movie.

Unno

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:00 PM
Click here to Send unno a Private Message Find more posts by unno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Qui-Gon being cut sad

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:07 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Just_Joe

I was hoping for more action on Kashyyk and more footage of Anakin killing off the Jedi.

"Wipe them out.......all of them!"

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:12 PM
Click here to Send Just_Joe a Private Message Find more posts by Just_Joe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Obi-wan/ GG, i thought it was gonna be a kick ass fight but it sucked but it makes me wonder what kind lame ass jedi would fall against him, he was a real let down.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Last Son
Man of Steel

I thought General Grevious was going to be awesome. He was a big let down. He wasn't the unstoppable character Clone Wars made him out to be. Plus no explinations of the questions from the previous movies. ie. Syfo diaz, medichlorians, Anakins oragins. These were the questions I wanted answered. I think GL focused on stuff we already knew.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send The Last Son a Private Message Find more posts by The Last Son Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Falacerjedi
Force Lightning user IRL

the whole Greivous character totally didn't live up to the expectations of most people here & the way I got the feeling of the character from the book he wasn't anywhere close to the thing we saw in the movie...

...and the converstion between Palps & Anakin before he told him he was Sidious, I was looking forward to the part where Palps went into how he has been his friend throughout everything and now that he revealed himself as the Sith Lord what was different....

all in all there was quite a few things that were cut way too short and we can only hope that GL is going to make a Director's Cut of RotS available (although he most likely wont) with the scenes we all want to see on film.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Falacerjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Falacerjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Yoda didn't fart........

How could Supershadow be so wrong????

How could Josh Griffin and all his followers be so wrong. I hate that guy. Go F yourself Josh and take your precious TFN with you.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:07 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

what did he say

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenpokarate 2
Restricted

Account Restricted

Grevious was a huge dissappointment ... He was better at running away from the Jedi then he was at fighting them.

I also wished that I could have seen more of the battle at the Wookies home world.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Kenpokarate 2 a Private Message Find more posts by Kenpokarate 2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Malic Clanorian

thought the dooku fight coulda lasted longer it looked very poorly put together (choppy scene to scene)...grevious was pretty much dead in 2 mins after his hands were chopped off...mace fight coulda laster longer...and i wish they werent cutting in an out of the obi wan anakin fight lol...and woulda liked to see anakin killing jedi in the temple and not just on the holo gram....

Homer: "Trying is the first step towards failure."

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Malic Clanorian a Private Message Find more posts by Malic Clanorian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Only things I was "disappointed" (if you can really be disappointed by this great movie) by is the novel did lead me to believe as stated above there would be more to the Dooku fight....and Qui-Gon being cut and Yoda not saying outloud that Qui-Gon became his Master....thats all...aside from the fact i had to sit on the steps as there were no seats...lmao!

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:16 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Originally posted by smoker4
Qui-Gon being cut sad
Ditto.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:19 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

QG

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:29 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
unno

Originally posted by Falacerjedi
all in all there was quite a few things that were cut way too short and we can only hope that GL is going to make a Director's Cut of RotS available (although he most likely wont) with the scenes we all want to see on film.

The director's cut is already available. Go to a theater and see it.

Unno

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:37 AM
Click here to Send unno a Private Message Find more posts by unno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Plagueis
The Wise-Ass Sith Lord

Nice.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 03:39 AM
Click here to Send Darth Plagueis a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Plagueis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote