KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Qui-Gon(spoilers)

Qui-Gon(spoilers)
Started by: DaRtH_mCnAztY

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DaRtH_mCnAztY

Warning Qui-Gon(spoilers)

why wasnt he in Ep3! and then yoda tells obi that they can tlk to him through the force and never does. i think that needed to be added because obi never told Qui-Gon that Anakin turned to the dark side.....i just wanted to see his reaction or if he gave the jedi a nice big, "I got ya." but f***ing with the jedi to beleive he would bring balance when he really just put more weight on the scale to unbalance the force

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:18 AM
Click here to Send DaRtH_mCnAztY a Private Message Find more posts by DaRtH_mCnAztY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Methinks the only real reason Qui Gon wasn't in even as a voice over is because Liam Neeson didn't want to do it.

I could be wrong but I remember reading Neeson saying he hated his experience one TPM and didn't want to do any more... which is why they had to loop lines from TPM on AOTC. I dunno, I could be just making that up, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

I think it would have been better with a v.o. from Qui Gon, but I think it's fine just having it implied he's been talking to Yoda. Well, it's more than implied, Yoda straight out tells us...

Not everything happens on camera.

Qui Gon was right about Anakin, he does bring the force back into balance in the end... Qui Gon is the Master of the Masters of the Force.

That's why Yoda gives himself to Qui Gon's teachings... because Yoda and the Jedi were wrong in the ways they taught the Force and Qui Gon knew this...

All hail Qui Gon Jinn!

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:30 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

I was fine with the fact that he wasnt in it, atleast they mentioned him

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:30 AM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

a pathetic way to address this actually pressing issue, it was more like "oh bugger we need this in there as well, just squeeze it in toward the end"

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:35 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

I agree.
It was like this:

Yoda: "Oh, OB1, by the way, I got a call from qui-Gonn. Why don't you go and sit in the desert for 20 years and learn how to disappear and I will do the same in my swamp. I'm sure Anakin figures it out in 20 seconds when he finally comes to his senses"

No, GL promised us a lot on this issue and he doesn't give us anything really.

But, on the bright side, I read an excerpt of the original script with a scene between Yoda and QGJ.... trust me it was awful and lame. So I think this is better.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:39 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

still, we needed better than this though

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:43 AM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

meh... I think it's fine how it is.

We get the point. Qui Gon learnt to retain his identity. He teaches Yoda and Obi Wan. Nuff said.

I'm also glad the midichlorians only came up once...

on that note... do you think it was implied that Plagieus created Anakin? that's kinda what I got from it... otherwise, why bring it up?

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:47 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yeah, Ian mentioned the M-word.... *shudders*

But we know nothing. GL promised us a lot, but just tosses it aside.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 07:58 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

I think it is there to make one speculate, the fact that Palpatine would create a thing that would eventually destroy him doesnt make sense. If I was to speculate I think Palpy played upon Anikans emotion to sucker him in, the story that Palpy told has as much of a chance to be a lie as it has to be truth. Palpy couldnt care less for Padme he just wanted Anakins service.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:02 AM
queeq
Chaos

That was always clear. And Plageis couldn't have created Anakin because he died too long ago. Maybe Palpy's still Ani's dad.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:14 AM
finti

Palpy being Anikans dad would have made it more of a thick soup than it already are

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:17 AM
queeq
Chaos

As if that has stopped GL before. wink

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:18 AM
finti

that`s true, but it would have been a poor poor move

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:23 AM
queeq
Chaos

I agree.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:27 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

I don't think that Palpatine did create Anakin, HOWEVER, the evidence for it is not so much in that he tells Anakin the story, but in the very specific way Palpatine looks at Anakin when he says "create life." It is a very interesting look at the VERY least.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:27 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cheesiness

Anakin is the Force incarnate. The Force is literally Anakin's father.

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:31 AM
Click here to Send Cheesiness a Private Message Find more posts by Cheesiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lazerlike42
I don't think that Palpatine did create Anakin, HOWEVER, the evidence for it is not so much in that he tells Anakin the story, but in the very specific way Palpatine looks at Anakin when he says "create life." It is a very interesting look at the VERY least.

But could also mean that he knows that's how to interest Anakin (with QGJ and mother dying and the prospect of Padme dying).

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:36 AM
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Originally posted by queeq
But could also mean that he knows that's how to interest Anakin (with QGJ and mother dying and the prospect of Padme dying).

That's possible but I don't see it that way because A) there is another part of Palpatine's speech about Padme dying, the "keep those you love alive" section, and B) if the look means anything at all it is the kind of look you'd give to the object of a statement.

Almost as if some people were hanging around and one is very stubborn, and another is commenting on stubborness and says, "some people are stubborn," and looks upon the stubborn fellow. The look you'd give in that situation isn't one of accusation just one of association or example.

That said I still don't believe Palpatine did create Anakin.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:41 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Weird comparison. Palpy is seducing Anakin and pushing all his sensitive buttons...

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:49 AM
mossman

Originally posted by queeq
No, GL promised us a lot on this issue and he doesn't give us anything really.

At the end of tha day, all GL said we would find out in EP III was why some Jedi disappear, and some don't.
The reason is, quite simply, that it is something the Jedi need to learn how to do from QGJ.
I don't think GL made any promises (he is not obligated to us in any way) and even if he did, I think he has explained all he ever said he would - why some can do it, why some can't, why QGJ didn't disappear and why this becomes relavent later on...
smile

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Old Post May 19th, 2005 08:55 AM
Click here to Send mossman a Private Message Find more posts by mossman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote