KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Lucas Forced Himself To Write Episode III

Lucas Forced Himself To Write Episode III
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lau_timmy

Lucas Forced Himself To Write Episode III

(imdb news)
"Hollywood mogul George Lucas struggled so much with writing the screenplay for final Star Wars installment Episode Iii - Revenge Of The Sith, he had to force himself to stick to a rigid working day as he sought inspiration. The hugely successful movie-maker, 60, took on the persona of a normal office worker as he sat at his desk for nine hours a day, five days a week - and he still only managed to produce five pages everyday. He says, "I am very diligent about writing. I go to work at 8.30am and leave at 6pm. I sit there with that page in front of me but I still can't write it. I do get it done, I actually write five pages a day. But I force myself - otherwise I would probably write a page a day."

He should of called back Jonathan Hales or another writer to help him with the screenplay. He did write A New Hope and The Phantom Menace all by himself.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 07:06 AM
Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheElectricFox
The Assasin at Mach

Getting other people to help you write scripts for a movie of your own invention produces well... sucky movies.

How to fix gas prices?? Roll into Saudi Arabia and just take it from them!! We are the **** united states of AMERICA!!

Old Post May 6th, 2005 07:10 AM
Click here to Send TheElectricFox a Private Message Find more posts by TheElectricFox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Falacerjedi
Force Lightning user IRL

Press screenings were today here in Hollywood... I listen to Mark & Brian (a staple in LA morning radio for the last 20 years out here) and they both got invites to see it today ... will find out in a few hours when they go on the air (6am pst) what they thought of it.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:13 AM
Click here to Send Falacerjedi a Private Message Find more posts by Falacerjedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Why?

Why does every message board have to post the same topics? I mean...exact...right down to the stupid title!

Is not one enough to discuss it?

Old Post May 6th, 2005 08:30 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeah

Old Post May 6th, 2005 09:54 AM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tlbauerle
Why?

Why does every message board have to post the same topics? I mean...exact...right down to the stupid title!

Is not one enough to discuss it?
And it's not even a good topic to discuss.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 10:49 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: Lucas Forced Himself To Write Episode III

and im gonna force myself to watch it.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 10:55 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

I force my dog to crap...

"Damnit Indy! Go potty...or no treats for you!!!"

...yes...I named the dog "Indiana."

me <------ GEEK

my wife supports it.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 11:00 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

I named the cat Indiana, 12 years old now...

Burn them down!! The lot of them!!

Old Post May 6th, 2005 02:14 PM
Click here to Send Obi-OneManShow a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-OneManShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Batman316
The True Batman

I wanted to call my son Indiana but my wife wouldn't allow it...

Old Post May 6th, 2005 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Batman316 a Private Message Find more posts by Batman316 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DARTH DADDY
just chill'n

If our daughter would have been a boy, I wanted to name him Sebastian Anakin. She didn't go for it. But we had a girl so we named here Savannah Olivia. She wouldn't go for Leia or Padme.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 03:49 PM
Click here to Send DARTH DADDY a Private Message Find more posts by DARTH DADDY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Vader05
Lord Of The Sith

Can someone please close this thread please!

Remember the dark side will be with you always.

Old Post May 6th, 2005 05:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Vader05 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Vader05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would someone need to close this thread?

Old Post May 6th, 2005 05:16 PM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArynCrinn

What do you mean getting other people to help write your scripts is bad?
TESB was written by a few people, and it was good.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 12:44 AM
Click here to Send ArynCrinn a Private Message Find more posts by ArynCrinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

it would depend who is writing the script. If you've got several peopl who all have the same understanding of whats going on then it works well. Otherwise you're pretty screwed

Old Post May 7th, 2005 12:46 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tpaquin
The Guy With the Gun

Originally posted by DARTH DADDY
If our daughter would have been a boy, I wanted to name him Sebastian Anakin. She didn't go for it. But we had a girl so we named here Savannah Olivia. She wouldn't go for Leia or Padme.
Lando Chewbacca is my would-be son's name.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:16 AM
Click here to Send tpaquin a Private Message Find more posts by tpaquin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShotgunWes
Restricted

Account Restricted

I always liked the name C-3PO myself...

If you don't like me... **** You

Old Post May 7th, 2005 03:30 AM
Click here to Send ShotgunWes a Private Message Find more posts by ShotgunWes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lau_timmy

Does anyone remember Timothy Zahn and Tom Veitch. The two people were most responsible for the Star Wars Renaissance of the early 1990's? Why couldn't George Lucas just let them help him write the prequels? They certainly treated the characters and saga with respect. They made some of the best stories Star Wars has ever seen apart from the original trilogy. Everybody would still call Lucas a genius even if he never wrote a single word.

Timothy Zahn wrote Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising and The Last Command in the early 90's.
Tom Veitch wrote Dark Empire and Tales Of The Jedi for Dark Horse Comics in the early 90's.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 08:13 AM
Click here to Send lau_timmy a Private Message Find more posts by lau_timmy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Dark Empire sick sick sick

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 7th, 2005 12:57 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

Originally posted by smoker4
Dark Empire sick sick sick

Is that for DE 1, 2, Empire's End....or the very fact the novels made it cannon in Jedi Search! stick out tongue

Old Post May 7th, 2005 09:14 PM