KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Revenge Of The Sith Is Not For Real Sw Fans. I Don't Know Who It's For! - Read Here!

Revenge Of The Sith Is Not For Real Sw Fans. I Don't Know Who It's For! - Read Here!
Started by: EPIIIBITES

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

Revenge Of The Sith Is Not For Real Sw Fans. I Don't Know Who It's For! - Read Here!

FROM A HARDCORE FAN...

THIS SW MOVIE IS LOST BETWEEN TRYING TO PLEASE THE GENERAL PUBLIC AND SW FANS...BUT THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHICH MAKES SW COOL THAT'S IN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!

LUCAS SPENT TOO MUCH TIME CREATING TONS OF STUFF FOR THIS FILM, BUT NOT ENOUGH TIME ON ONE SINGLE THING TO MAKE IT COOL!!!! THERE IS NOTHING HERE THAT DESERVES THE NAME STAR WARS, BECAUSE STAR WARS SHOULD = COOL STUFF!

EP II WAS GREAT! IT TOTALLY ABANDONED THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN TERMS OF CREATING A FOLLOWABLE PLOT, CHARACTERS TO CARE ABOUT, ETC...AND IT WAS A FLOP IN THAT SENSE...

BUT WE LOVE THE THING TO BITS!!! IT'S JUST COOL!!!

I WOULD CALL EP I 'NEAT' AT BEST...

BUT IT STILL HAD THAT SW MAGIC!!! AND IT WAS FULL OF WONDER AND ENERGY, AND IMAGINATIVE NEW CHARACTERS AND WORLDS THAT WE ACTUALLY GOT A CHANCE TO KNOW (UNLIKE IN THIS MOVIE)!!!

WE LOVE STAR WARS BECAUSE OF THE WORLD LUCAS HAS CREATED, BECAUSE IT'S FULL OF COOL STUFF! FOR IT'S BEAUTY, IT'S EXCITEMENT, IT'S IMAGINATION...NOT BECAUSE WE'RE GONNA GET A GREAT PLOT AND BREAKTHROUGH PERFORMANCES... BUT BECAUSE JEDIS WILL FLY THROUGH A PLANE OF GLASS TO GRAB ONTO AN AIRBORNE ASSASIN DROID! THAT'S COOL!

BUT...

Was there ONE really good COMPLETE action sequence in this whole movie ??? (ex. Geonosis arena scene, speeder chase through Coruscant in epII, podrace scene in epI).

Was there ANYTHING that was really cool that you couldn't wait to go back and see again the next day (ex. seismic charges, the royal starship blwoing up in epII)

Was there ONE really beautiful scene that was wonderous to look at (ex. the royal starship hovering over the clouds of couscant, making it's approach in ep II, the Gungan city in in ep I)?

This film was fairly well put together in terms of how Anakin slowly fell to the dark side, what Sidious' part was in all of it, and how exactly Anakin became Vader. BUT THAT STUFF HAD TO BE GOOD!

UNFORTUENATELY THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE THAT WAS DONE WITH AS MUCH CARE AS THAT STUFF! THERE IS NO REAL CLIMAX IN THIS MOVIE BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS, SO A GOOD FILMAKER WOULD MAKE SURE THE REST OF THE MOVIE HAS SOME REALLY KICK ASS STUFF IN IT...BUT IT DIDN'T!!!!!! JUST TALKING AND SHOOTING AND MORE TALKING AND MORE SHOOTING. THIS FILM MADE ME FEEL EMPTY!

This is why it sucked...

Point #1 - This film was badly directed.

ex) WHY WAS THE OBI-WAN/ GRIEVOUS CHASE SCENE JUST CUT IN HALF!!? IT TOTALLY LOST MOMENTUM RIGHT WHEN IT STARTED TO GET GOING?

WHY WASN'T THERE A GOOD BUILD UP TO THE KASHYYK BATTLE SCENE (ex. build up to hoth battle scene, or build up to the Geonosis arena scene...which is what increases the intensity). THERE WAS NO FORM TO IT, OR ANY OF THE BATTLE SCENES FOR THAT MATTER. WE JUST SEEMED TO BE THROWN INTO BATTLE SCENE AFTER BATTLE SCENE WITH NO EXPLANATION OR CLEARITY OF WHO'S INVLOVED, WHAT IS GOING ON, AND WHAT IS AT STAKE!!! (and remember, we are the minority of movie goers who already have a heads-up on all this stuff).

AND WHY WASN'T THERE ANYTHING EXCITING OR CLEVER IN ANY OF THE ACTION SCENES. IS BRUSHING SOME LEECHY DROIDS OFF ONE VEHICLE WITH THE WING OF ANOTHER VEHICLE ECXITING?????!!!!! THAT WAS ONE OF THE ONLY CAREFULLY THOUGHT OUT SCENES OF ACTION IN THE WHOLE FILM...LAME!

MOST EVERYTHING ELSE WAS JUST THINGS FLYING AROUND, SHOOTING EACHOTHER. WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THESE VEHICLES ARE, WE DON'T GET A GOOD LOOK AT ANY OF THEM...FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, SOMETIMES I WAS LIKE "WHICH ONES ARE THE GOOD GUYS AND WHICH ONES ARE THE BAD GUYS!!!!!

HORRIBLE! INEXCUSABLE! UNBELIEVABLY BAD FILMAKING!

Point #2 - Wayyyyy too many different vehicles, species, locations for us to get any real appreciation of them.

ex).WHO ARE THE WOOKIES? I STILL DON'T KNOW. WHAT IS THEIR PLANET LIKE? HOW DO THEY LIVE? WHY EXACLTY HAVE THEY AGREED TO HELP OUT? (APART FROM THE YODA CONNECTION)

WE KNOW WAYYYY TOO MUCH ABOUT EWOKS BUT NOTHING ABOUT WOOKIES!!!!!WHAT DO THE WOOKIES FLY? WHAT WAS THAT?

Point #3 - Lucas, decide on who you're making this movie for. In most people's eyes, The Phantom Menace didn't deliver. It was a failure in the sense that it had to create a whole new genereation of Star Wars fans, and it didn't (Don't know if you're aware, but Star Wars was loved by EVERYBODY in the 80's). But it had to do the job of setting up the rest of the prequels so...

Attack of the Clones was great because it delivered for Star Wars fans...CORUSCANT SPEEDER CHASE, JANGO AND OBI WAN BATTLES ON KAMINO AND IN NEAR GEONOSIS, GEONOSIS ARENA SCENE, CLONTROOPERS VS. DROIDS, JEDIS VS DOOKU SCENES, AND LOTS OF OTHER COOL STUFF HEAR AND THEIR...REALLY WELL DONE AND JUST THE KIND OF COOL STUFF STAR WARS FANS WANNA SEE!!! I'VE SEEN THAT FILM A BILLION TIMES. IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

IS ALL WE GET THAT WE REALLY WANNA SEE IN EPIII THE FINAL LUGHTASABER DUEL? (WHICH LOOKED CHEAP AS HECK...WHAT'S WITH THAT LAVA?) THE SPACE BATTLE WAS KIND OF A LET DOWN. JUST THINK OF HOW WELL PLANNED OUT THE SPACE BATTLE IN 'A NEW HOPE' WAS. NOW WHAT WAS SO WELL PLANNED OUT ABOUT THIS?

So who was this film made for? Lucas wanted to please everyone by having a descent story, descent visuals, and a descent ending to the saga. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? DESCENT SUCKS!

STAR WARS FANS DON'T WANT DESCENT, THEY WANNA BE AMAZED!!!

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 6 FILMS, LUCAS MANAGED TO MAKE SOMETHING THAT WAS NOT IN THE LEAST BIT AMAZING!

HE HASN'T DONE A GOOD JOB OF PLEASING THE GENERAL PUBLIC IN THE PREQUELS SO FAR...SO WHY START NOW???

THERE WAS MORE DIOLOGUE AND STORY MAKING IN THIS FILM THAN THE LAST TWO FILMS COMBINED...AND FOR WHAT? WHO CARES??? THE GENERAL PUBLIC DOESN'T...THE FANS DON'T...YOU SCREWED UP GEORGE!!!

It just did what it had to do and no more. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie that I couldn't wait for to end. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie that I didn't wanna go see again the very next day. I NEVER thought I'd see a Star Wars movie where I just had yell 'BOO!' at, at the end.

GET SERIOUS EVERYONE! THIS MOVIE'S JUNK! THE WORST ONE BY FAR!

*Worst Scene - Darth Vader- "Nooooooooooo!"

Are you kidding me?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:05 PM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

too much readin

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:09 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

& ur registerd MAY 05
so ur scum

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:10 PM
Click here to Send bILLYgOAT a Private Message Find more posts by bILLYgOAT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moviejunkie23

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bILLYgOAT
too much readin

i second that lol

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:10 PM
Click here to Send moviejunkie23 a Private Message Find more posts by moviejunkie23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I'm a real Star Wars fan and I liked it.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:12 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

I'm a real Star Wars fan and I LOVED it. Saw it 3 times so far. Going to see it more. Been on the local news twice because of it. I read some of your novel above, but I don't have time to read it all because i've gotta go buy more tickets.

Ok, that's not true. I just don't wanna read that much. stick out tongue

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:18 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnsolo

me too...I thought it was well done!!!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:19 PM
Click here to Send johnsolo a Private Message Find more posts by johnsolo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

& ur registerd MAY 05
so ur scum

Hell, he registered today.

Please don't type in caps. Thank you.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:24 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

You guys don't get it, sorry.

all you're saying is "I liked it, I liked it."

Back it up! Prove me wrong!

Gimme 1 thing that was as cool or mesmerizing as some of things I mentioned about the other prequels.

Get serious.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:37 PM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Vader05
Lord Of The Sith

Thats just a bunch of shit im going again tonight for the 2nd time Revenge Of The Sith is the best Star Wars film ever!

Remember the dark side will be with you always.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:39 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Vader05 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Vader05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SW3HP4IJ4
Star Wars Episode III

I loved it. It was gripping, it was epic, it answered so many questions, ugh. I can't wait to see that, movie again.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:39 PM
Click here to Send SW3HP4IJ4 a Private Message Find more posts by SW3HP4IJ4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SW3HP4IJ4
Star Wars Episode III

Originally posted by EPIIIBITES
You guys don't get it, sorry.

all you're saying is "I liked it, I liked it."

Back it up! Prove me wrong!

Gimme 1 thing that was as cool or mesmerizing as some of things I mentioned about the other prequels.

Get serious.

Why do we need to back up our opinions?? If we love it, we love it, if we hate, we hate it. You don't need to back up your own opinions.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:41 PM
Click here to Send SW3HP4IJ4 a Private Message Find more posts by SW3HP4IJ4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

The Battle of Geonosis is the only good thing about Episode II. Yes the only thing.

This movie overall is great. So it may not have had as many amazing moments as the other movies (the prequels are a bad example... this film kills the previous two. It doesn't even come close to the OT) but overall this film is amazing.

Honestly I didn't even read most of your post... seriously, don't type in all caps.

To say that it is a crap movie because it doesn't have anything 'cool or mesmerising' is stupid.

Get serious.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:42 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Order 66 was insanely cool (yet so tragic and sad).

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:46 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

The music as Anakin marched to the Temple was terrible!

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:47 PM
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

just wait till
EPVII

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:48 PM
SW3HP4IJ4
Star Wars Episode III

just wait till
EPVII

There is not going to be an episode VII

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:49 PM
smoker4
Me name be Leon

Darth Firerock is my role, mickey promised me blink

F**k you Loggins

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:50 PM
Click here to Send smoker4 a Private Message Find more posts by smoker4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bILLYgOAT
The Judas

then don't wait for EP IX
in the next 11 years

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:58 PM
SW3HP4IJ4
Star Wars Episode III

Ok, whatever confused

Old Post May 20th, 2005 11:59 PM