KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Why is the Tri-wing ARC fighter on the Rebublican side during the Clone Wars?

Why is the Tri-wing ARC fighter on the Rebublican side during the Clone Wars?
Started by: Eddy Urquia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eddy Urquia

Love Why is the Tri-wing ARC fighter on the Rebublican side during the Clone Wars?

Why is the Tri-wing ARC starfighter on the Rebublican side during the Clone Wars? When the Rebublic is changed into the Empire, the ARC starfighter is then on the wrong side. Would this not produce a conflict between the Tri-wing Acr fighter(x-wing prototype) and the Empire's upcoming fighter of choice, the dreaded "Tie-Fighter"? Both fighters would then be on the same side? How does the ARC fighter(x-wing) eventually land on the Rebels side?

ANSWERS:

Please note, that although Bail Organa retreated to Alderan with the exiled Jedi child, Leia, he still functions within the Senate under the rule of the new "Galactic Empire". This would implie that he still participates in the galactic senate, although he may plot to undermine the Empire's goals. Note: That in Ep IV, Leia is being chased by Star destroyer because she is suspected of plotting againts the Empire. Although Bail Organa and Leia actively participate as Alderan representatives, they are truely the hiding Rebels striking at the Empire. This said, One can conclude that since Bail Organa has been plotting againt the Empire since Leia's birth, then his planet would recieve ACR fighters under the notion they are actively serving the cause of the Empire. Eventually, before the Empire would decide to produce "Tie Fighters", they would expand the ARC series one more class to 'X-wing". Bail Organa acting as an Empire colaberator, would then recieve a shipment of these new X-wings. These final X-wings are the one's seen in Ep IV "New Hope" at the end of that film when Han/Luke return the plans to Alderan. these X-wings were the last Bail Organa got before the Empire switched to total "Tie-fighters". Now, there is a bridge between the ARC fighter being on the Rebublican side , when the Rebublic would turn into the Empire. This would at minimun produce a hypothetical evolution of the ARC fighter and how it croossed over to the Rebvels side. this room has been......exorcized!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:03 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aluminum Falcon

Huh?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:05 PM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns
Hate has made me powerful

i second your "huh?"

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:07 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

HUH?

Read it well , Lord vader, search your feelings you know it be true!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:08 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

If that is confusing, then you are not a True Star wars Fan! a true fan could disect that info, and come to a conclusion. It is well explained. no one has thought of it at all!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:10 PM
finti

well rebellious group tend to take whatever weapons they can get a hand on, guess that in the begining they didnt have the time to construct a totally new craft, what do you ? Steal the crafts and the idea of an existing craft

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:10 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mephistodesigns

its all BS. I read it. They imply at the end of ROTS that they already have early TIES. They probably develop those, realize the X-wing is just not as an efficient ship for their needs, and stop using them. Then at some point the Rebels start using X-wings, because they are older and cheaper. All that stuff in your post makes no sense and is pointless.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:11 PM
Click here to Send mephistodesigns a Private Message Find more posts by mephistodesigns Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aluminum Falcon

I think I read in some thread rebels stole the designs.
But that was a long time ago in a thread far, far away...

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:12 PM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

quote: (post)
Originally posted by finti
well rebellious group tend to take whatever weapons they can get a hand on, guess that in the begining they didnt have the time to construct a totally new craft, what do you ? Steal the crafts and the idea of an existing craft

Very, good observation about the Rebels economical situation. but does it sound correct about the ARC starfighter being on the Reblican(Galactic Empire's) side when the Rebels eventually get X-wings and the Empire has Tie-fighters? this is the most realistic conclusion. anyone else can add something, please do!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:14 PM
mephistodesigns

what exactly is your point? We SAW the ARC-170 being used by the Republic and early Empire. Apparently they stopped by the time the OT rolls in. Is that what you're trying to figure out?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:16 PM
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by mephistodesigns
what exactly is your point? We SAW the ARC-170 being used by the Republic and early Empire. Apparently they stopped by the time the OT rolls in. Is that what you're trying to figure out?

The question is: Why is the ARC star fighter on the Empires side, when in ep IV its on the rebels side, and the empire has Tie-fighters. i produced a HYPOTHESIS, it is a observation made followed by a textual claim. it is a fair question, and one that i am sure has not been posted ever in KMC history. Therefore, one can question and come to a conclusion regarding the hypothesis and its foundation. By questioning the foundation of this hypothesis, one can create conversation and fun talk between participant in a forum such as , KMC. I regret that you are having difficulties understandind that question posted here today. If there are any questions regarding the validity of such a claim, please feel free to PM me, at the giving e-mail address where we can futher discuss this issue off the boards. We thank you for your participation, and your consideration on the topic at hand. again, thank you!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:24 PM
finti

quote:
but does it sound correct about the ARC starfighter being on the Reblican(Galactic Empire's) side when the Rebels eventually get X-wings and the Empire has Tie-fighters?
quote:
The question is: Why is the ARC star fighter on the Empires side, when in ep IV its on the rebels side, and the empire has Tie-fighters

the empire had no use for the arc fighter cause the Tie fighters obviously were much superior crafts, and it has to do about style as well. A well organised army is slick, everything sort of fits to each other, its a way to show control.
Also in a well drilled armed forces you dont see a lot of variety in appearances of their weapons. It also tells the enemy that you are up against a well equipped and organised( in many cases superior) force.
Look at the ROTJ space battle. The Empire with little variation in their crafts very slick, very symmetric, very well organised looking. While the Alliance has a loads of different looking ships, very raggle taggled looking, very unorganised looking, and very easy to spot and target the different groups as a tactical flank manoeuvre.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:28 PM
Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

While the Alliance has a loads of different looking ships, very raggle taggled looking, very unorganised looking,

The reason the rebels have an assortment of ship is because it is a PLANETARY COALITION of forces. All weakened systems that can produce any star ship or fighter to counter the Empire would then be considered to join the Rebels, because of this there are so many different looking starships. not because symetrical ship look nice when they fly by. No, no! i reject. It is simple, i identified that the ARC ship was on the wrong side, but i also provide an hypothesis on how it gets in the hands of the rebels.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:33 PM
finti

quote:
The reason the rebels have an assortment of ship is because it is a PLANETARY COALITION of forces
true but they still could have used similare crafts, thing is the alliance used what they were able to scramble together which actually looks like they are very unorganised
quote:
It is simple, i identified that the ARC ship was on the wrong side, but i also provide an hypothesis on how it gets in the hands of the rebels.
they wasnt on the wrong side, it was the republic against the seperatist, when Palpatin decleard it to be The galactical empire, opposing systems that was on the same side now stood against each other. So during the clone war they were at the same side, it is just that the empire scrapt the arc craft and the alliance grabbed, like all guerilla rebellios group do, whatever they could get their hand on

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:38 PM
Eddy Urquia

"it is just that the empire scrapt the arc craft and the alliance grabbed, like all guerilla rebellios group do, whatever they could get their hand on"

bINGO!1 yOU NAILED IT HERE WITH THIS LINE! BAZING!

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:42 PM
mephistodesigns

Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
The question is: Why is the ARC star fighter on the Empires side, when in ep IV its on the rebels side, and the empire has Tie-fighters. i produced a HYPOTHESIS, it is a observation made followed by a textual claim. it is a fair question, and one that i am sure has not been posted ever in KMC history. Therefore, one can question and come to a conclusion regarding the hypothesis and its foundation. By questioning the foundation of this hypothesis, one can create conversation and fun talk between participant in a forum such as , KMC. I regret that you are having difficulties understandind that question posted here today. If there are any questions regarding the validity of such a claim, please feel free to PM me, at the giving e-mail address where we can futher discuss this issue off the boards. We thank you for your participation, and your consideration on the topic at hand. again, thank you!

You don't need a hypothesis. Thats my point. We SAW them use the ARC's. That's why they're on the "Empire's" side as you mentioned in the beginning of the quoted post. They built them. They used them. They decided they were obsolete, and went exclusively to TiE fighters. I'm not having difficulting understanding anything but why you are making this so friking complicated for yourself. But thanks for explaining how KMC works, I really didn't get what I've been doing on here for two and a half years... roll eyes (sarcastic) Believe me, the day I need someone of your intellect explaining star wars to me is the day I become a Star Trek fan. laughing

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:48 PM
mephistodesigns

Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
"it is just that the empire scrapt the arc craft and the alliance grabbed, like all guerilla rebellios group do, whatever they could get their hand on"

bINGO!1 yOU NAILED IT HERE WITH THIS LINE! BAZING!

FINIT AND I HAVE BOTH ALREADY STATED THAT!!!!

Are you crazy or just messing with us?

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:49 PM
Aluminum Falcon

I think he's wacko... wacko

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:56 PM
finti

huh someone mentioned Star Trek sick

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:57 PM
The New History
Just leave me alone ok

ANSWERE: Who cares.

Old Post May 21st, 2005 05:58 PM
Click here to Send The New History a Private Message Find more posts by The New History Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote