KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Master Yoda and E.T. analogies in Star Wars films.

Master Yoda and E.T. analogies in Star Wars films.
Started by: Eddy Urquia

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eddy Urquia

Master Yoda and E.T. analogies in Star Wars films.

The most analogous moment between E.T. and Yoda in RotS was when Yoda was retreating from the wookie homeworld after order 69(pun its 66). I felt very strongly, when Yoda bid goodbye to Chewbacca and the wookies, that when he entered the capsule and it closed, the music felt as if i was watching E.T. When the capsule pans in the camera, I felt it was a analogy between that moment and E.T.'s depature. Remeber, Spielberg and Lucas buddy relation. Spielberg saw and assisted in RotS, and gave it a thumbs up! I recall, in ep I (Phantom Menace) that in the senate there was a ET class specie in the senate rotunda representing the ET home world. And in the movie ET itself, Spielberg returns the favor by having ET see a Yoda in the streets on halloween night! Think! ET is to Spielberg, like what Yoda is to Lucas, it is their best character alien lovable good little alien from a galaxy far away. A galaxy that to George Lucas, is so close to ET and yoda that they represent planetart systems in a rebublican gov.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:19 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

Re: Master Yoda and E.T. analogies in Star Wars films.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
And in the movie ET itself, Spielberg returns the favor by having ET see a Yoda in the streets on halloween night!

Nitpick mode on:
It was actually the other way round - E.T. was made quite some years before The Phantom Menace.
Nitpick mode off.

Oh, and E.T. has another nod to Star Wars in it: Soon after they meet, Elliott shows E.T. his SW action figures. I think at least "Hammerhead" (now Momaw Nadon) and "Snaggletooth" (now Ponda Baba) are named, but it's been a while since I saw the film.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:38 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Perhaps I'm the only one that sees a resemblance between the two, especially in TESB on Dagobah. The shape of Yoda's face at times looks really similiar to ET's.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:48 PM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SixOfTwelve
Blue Elephant Muppet

"Walrus Man", of course, not "Snaggletooth". Doh.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 05:55 PM
Click here to Send SixOfTwelve a Private Message Find more posts by SixOfTwelve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

In any case, i noticed that when Yoda departed from the Wookis planet it seemed as if it was E.T. entering his capsule and flaying of into space. I noticed that the capsule Yoda departed into space in had thrusters on the bottom that when the camera pans to follow the capsule upward, the thrusters resemble the white circular glows of E.T.'s rescue craft. I also noticed that the MUSIC that was used when Yoda face was on close up and the capsules doors began to close, was similar to the ET soundtrack. I rember turning to my Bro, and saying " Bro....E.T." When you go see the movie again, I know you will, check out that scene I am describing with Yoda and the wookie fairwell, and see if it feels the same as I described? If not, post your thoughts!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:26 PM
Click here to Send Eddy Urquia a Private Message Find more posts by Eddy Urquia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

I though exactly the same thing in that scene. Chewie should have given him a potted plant as a parting gift.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post May 24th, 2005 08:42 PM
Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eddy Urquia

Originally posted by koolruningz
I though exactly the same thing in that scene. Chewie should have given him a potted plant as a parting gift.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Dude that "potted plant by the wookiez" "I can have it arranged, he could use a good kiss" Ep V. But it was funny about plant, because I did not think of it! It does fit the scene though!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:13 PM
Eddy Urquia

Has anyone seen the Pepsi comecial that has yoda using the force on the weak minded dude, and tries for his drink. That entire commercial feels like ET because like DARK YODA noted, Yoda's eyes are the exact same shape as ET's and in that Pepsi commercial the way yoda acts and feels is all ET.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:17 PM
koolruningz
2009 NBA CHAMPIONS

Originally posted by Eddy Urquia
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Dude that "potted plant by the wookiez" "I can have it arranged, he could use a good kiss" Ep V. But it was funny about plant, because I did not think of it! It does fit the scene though!

confused I was drawing parallels to ET and the fact when he took of at the end of the movie he had hes potted plant that the little girl had given to him.

"The Capitol of this rugged slang is WU-TANG,
Witty Unpridictable Talent And Natural Game". GZA

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:38 PM
Click here to Send koolruningz a Private Message Find more posts by koolruningz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

lol yeah Drew Barrimore

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:52 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote