KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » how is the lightsaber turned on

how is the lightsaber turned on
Started by: Darth Kip

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Kip
sith lord in training

how is the lightsaber turned on

i always wondered that because you never see them do anything to turn it on if you know please tell me or maybe its just turned on through the force or something

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:46 AM
Click here to Send Darth Kip a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Kip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

There's a button that they push which activates the saber.

I like George.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:47 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

On some, it's a button. On others, it's a sliding-thingy....wacko

Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It's dreadfully dull, I know, but as Liam Neeson once said in interview:

"It's a button! It goes on and it goes of! Look, I'm a Jedi Master and I am telling you its a button!"

(when asked by fans if it was the Force)

In the OT, it was a switch/slide.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Kip
sith lord in training

ok dude i was just wondering

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:50 AM
Click here to Send Darth Kip a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Kip Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

from starwars.com, its explained

quote:
When deactivated, a lightsaber appears as a polished metallic handle, about 30 centimeters long, lined with control studs. At the press of a button the energy contained within is liberated and forms as a shaft of pure energy about a meter long. The saber hums and scintillates with a distinct sound. Its shimmering blade is capable of cutting through almost anything, save for the blade of another lightsaber.

big grin

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:55 AM
Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

Some Jedi turn their lightsabers on by slipping into something more comfortable and talking dirty to them.

Not to mention what some female Jedi do to turn theirs on...

Burn them down!! The lot of them!!

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:56 AM
Click here to Send Obi-OneManShow a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-OneManShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Kip
sith lord in training

ok dude i was just wondering

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:13 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Obi-OneManShow
Some Jedi turn their lightsabers on by slipping into something more comfortable and talking dirty to them.

a little barry white and some fine merlot does the trick laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:17 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kimmeh
vixen

quote:
Originally posted by Obi-OneManShow

laughing

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:22 AM
Click here to Send kimmeh a Private Message Find more posts by kimmeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

OK Kip, was just having a laugh, wasn't trying to make fun of you. I wondered about it myself once, a long time ago. You gotta admit, the thread title kinda asks for it. Twas only a matter of time...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Obi-OneManShow a Private Message Find more posts by Obi-OneManShow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Obi-OneManShow

Kinda reminds me of that Simpsons episode (the Malibu Stacey one), when Smithers switches his computer on, a digital Burns mermaid appears who says "Hello Smithers... you're quite.... good at.... turning... me on"

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:33 AM
The Rover

laughing
You are one funny guy, man - if you are a guy, or, a man. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:41 AM
Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Kip
sith lord in training

ok yeah i was kinda asking for it

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:45 AM
Obi-OneManShow

A guy, a man, a dude, a homey, whatever man, as long as I can turn my lightsaber on in the evening...

BTW Kip, just to get COMPLETELY off-topic here, seeing your signature thumb thingee, I saw Napoleon Dynamite yesterday, and was disapointed by it, it started great, but I thought the humor quickly became flat and predictable. I heard it's real popular in the States, being referenced to death à la Austin Powers and all. Is that true? The film is real unknown here in Belgium.

(BTW We have you're president now, so behave... aah, too be Belgian, first we keep your president hostage, then we get to see ROTS before yous guys... only one step away from world domination now ;-))

Last edited by Obi-OneManShow on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 04:10 AM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 04:05 AM
carnage04

Not to disrespect the original poster, but if you watch the OT, Luke is very exageratted (Obviously pushing on it or whatever) ACTIVATING his light sabre in a couple of the scenes. Not to mention the Han scene in Empire. Personally, I think having to use the force to activate it would make more sense in the "Only force sensitives/Jedi use light sabres." theory.

Carnage

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 10:49 AM
Click here to Send carnage04 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i disagree carnage.
a jedi must use the force to weild a lightsaber, in order to block laser blasts and whatnot. they can see things before they happen, and thats why they are
so good at it, as quigon put it. as far as turning the thing on, in itself its just another weapon. its a cool idea though, having to use the force to ignite it. kinda like a safety mechanism in case it fell in the wrong hands.

as far as turning on a saber, people can argue that luke used the force when he turned his saber on (utter nonsense, but how do you prove them wrong?).
the proof is in one man: han solo. he turned the saber on, so it must be a switch.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:20 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

how do you get me turned on roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:44 PM
Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RottenDarthOne

If it's just a switch, and if I was a Sith, I would use the force on my opponents sabre and deactivate it in the middle of a duel.

Why didn't Maul do that?

(oh, just fantasizing, don't shoot me)

And if you want to see all the buttons just look at this pic...

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by RottenDarthOne on Feb 22nd, 2005 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:59 PM
Click here to Send RottenDarthOne a Private Message Find more posts by RottenDarthOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

actually...thats a good idea
too bad you're not a jedi stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:17 PM