KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The Price of Videogames

The Price of Videogames
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Angry The Price of Videogames

The next-generation videogames are rumored to be $70 to $90. Some games require special paraphernalia to play the games. Isn't it a bit ridiculous? Good Lord, I'm not made of gold here.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 11:17 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Then they better be good games like Super Mario RPG, & Zelda:Ocarina Of Time which were $80.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:05 PM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Re: The Price of Videogames

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
The next-generation videogames are rumored to be $70 to $90. Some games require special paraphernalia to play the games. Isn't it a bit ridiculous? Good Lord, I'm not made of gold here.

Argh. I have trouble of paying for the games now...

Old Post May 16th, 2005 05:03 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

No way will they be $70 to $90.

That would be a stupid move on the company's part, seeing as game sales would drastically fall. erm

Old Post May 16th, 2005 05:58 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I've herd that the will be more expensive to make,so the thought that they'll be more expensive is possible.
The only problem with these next generation systems is that the companys aren't going to take risk.
They won't want to make like gitaro man,mr.misquito,etc.
They'll only want they know will sell.That being said were probably going to see even more movie (while most suck they always sell well).

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post May 16th, 2005 06:32 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon
X/1999 = best anime ever!

Video games are too dere now nevermind highing the price! mad I haven't got £40 to spend as soon as a game comes out, well...I do normally buy a game (if I know I really really want it) when it's out.

But I got Jak 3 for £40 then about one month later...£30! I'm waiting for Ratchet & Clank to go down £10, I wasn't to be fooled again but I've been waiting an awful time....months....

We must not let them disappear! Act now & together we can save them.
Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 16th, 2005 08:38 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beelzebuu
Eternal Summoner

I'm with Blue Dragon. I wait til it's cheap and used at Game Stop most of the time. Then I can buy it for like $7 bux. I'm cheap like that ;p. Besides, I really don't have that kinda money to spend on games. I don't have a job yet.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 12:55 PM
Beelzebuu is currently offline Click here to Send Beelzebuu a Private Message Find more posts by Beelzebuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joeykangaroo
jumpy

yeh but they going to be even more expensive in the future, god help us all
just as well i dont really buy any anymore

Happy Dance**living it up in the out-back**Happy Dance
eek!>>>johnnyDepp<<<love

Old Post May 17th, 2005 12:56 PM
joeykangaroo is currently offline Click here to Send joeykangaroo a Private Message Find more posts by joeykangaroo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Draco69
The next-generation videogames are rumored to be to . Some games require special paraphernalia to play the games. Isn't it a bit ridiculous? Good Lord, I'm not made of gold here.

what kind of paraphernalia?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 17th, 2005 01:42 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Virtual glasses? smile

Old Post May 17th, 2005 01:44 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

hahaha...90 bucks

those kind of prices killed the neo geo back in the day

but what did you expect...especially from microsoft...

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:03 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beelzebuu
Eternal Summoner

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Virtual glasses? smile

Like in .Hack I wouldn't mind forking over big bucks for a game like that.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:31 PM
Beelzebuu is currently offline Click here to Send Beelzebuu a Private Message Find more posts by Beelzebuu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Video games just like any other hobby cost money. So eventually it will end up costing more and more. Just start saving your pennies like me. wink

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:58 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

It' stupid though, where the **** have we go money like that at teenagers! Sure I have a good amount in my bank but that's for future use. You have to start thinking about the future at 14-16...

Beelzebuu I go to second hand shops. I got Spyro Hero's Tail (PS2) for £15.

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 06:56 PM
Blue Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

It better not be 70-90... thats just stupid

Old Post May 17th, 2005 07:16 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Even if it is,it will drop fairly fast when sales aren't so hot

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:55 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dAngEr_Is_gO!
Celebrity Assassin

My brother is currently applying for jobs in the video game industry and they have all been telling him that the cost of developing games is skyrocketing, so of course this increase in cost is passed on to the consumer.
I already hate school holidays enough. You get at least five excellent games released at that time and they are all full price miffed

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:11 AM
dAngEr_Is_gO! is currently offline Click here to Send dAngEr_Is_gO! a Private Message Find more posts by dAngEr_Is_gO! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Dragon

Originally posted by mr.smiley
Even if it is,it will drop fairly fast when sales aren't so hot

True... WHAT'S THAT IN YOUR AVATAR!!!!!!?

Credit to Kuchiki.

Old Post May 18th, 2005 12:10 PM
mr.smiley

the ultimate lifeform.
the brain of the internet

Old Post May 18th, 2005 01:24 PM
Thorondor
Love?

Prices of games are not going up Sony and Msoft hope to lower the prices of their games not increase them, and about games being to much money already you go say to Sony "I don't care if you lose £20 everytime someone buys a ps2 i want my games for free" i wonder what they will say. They make their money from games not from the consoles so obviously they will cost money, it's not like £40 every 3 months is bursting your wallet anyway.

A God Among Geeks

Old Post May 18th, 2005 02:57 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote