KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » which trilogy was better the first or the second and why?

which trilogy was better the first or the second and why?
Started by: supercybergeek

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
supercybergeek

which trilogy was better the first or the second and why?

Has anyone gone back to watch the orginal star wars? Is it better or worse? What are the main differences?

I have only watched a bit of ANH and first of all a main theme was does the force exist. Which was very important to the movie. In the new ones, everyone knows the force exist.

2ndly Han solo and Liea carry the movie acting wise. Anakin and Padme are boring.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 02:43 AM
Click here to Send supercybergeek a Private Message Find more posts by supercybergeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think the prequal was not as good for two different reasons. The first is maybe the movies were not as bad as most people thought. I think expectations were a bit high. Secondly, i think it felt so different because Lucas focused more on visual awe than story. He even said that, though the originals were visually astounding, the driving force of the orginals was story. He said the driving force behind the prequalls was creating a visual atmosphere. Lightining doesnt strike twice.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 02:49 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

the ot is better, but the pt is still damn cool, in it's own right. but i think those who grew up w/ the ot will always prefer it to the pt.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 02:50 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HAROLD

The OT will forever be one of the most memorable franchises in film history; not just because of the ground-breaking visual effects, but because of the characters. The PT was completely devoid of ANY new characters that anyone really cared about.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 02:56 AM
Click here to Send HAROLD a Private Message Find more posts by HAROLD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

exactly. the only ones we care about in the pt are anakin, obi-wan and padme. the rest are all small roles, in comparison. well, let's not forget palpy...even though he's the bad guy. we all secretly care about him too. we just don't seem to have anyone to root for this time. we know the outcome. in the ot, we were cheering on these rebels fighting agaist a giant empire. this time, we were really just waiting for the last act of ep III.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:04 AM
Click here to Send mysterio69 a Private Message Find more posts by mysterio69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

PT... The best.
OT... Eh.. okay.

Search your feelings everyone... you will know it to be true. The PT is way better. You're all just clinging to the OT because it's classic.

Oh, btw.. I'm a life long Star Wars fan and grew up with the OT. wink

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:07 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HAROLD

The PT could've been so much better than it was.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:09 AM
Click here to Send HAROLD a Private Message Find more posts by HAROLD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supercybergeek

yeah the story telling in the PT is dismal

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:11 AM
Click here to Send supercybergeek a Private Message Find more posts by supercybergeek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
macgeek2005

The PT is a Tragedy, and one of the greatest ever told.

A day will come when no director has the courage to produce a film anymore.

A day will come when every single director on earth, will give up his/her work in helpless grief, overwhelmed by the greatest movie on earth.

That day......... is May 19 2005

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:22 AM
Click here to Send macgeek2005 a Private Message Find more posts by macgeek2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mysterio69
bored as f.uck

quote: (post)
Originally posted by palpy_666
PT... The best.
OT... Eh.. okay.

Search your feelings everyone... you will know it to be true. The PT is way better. You're all just clinging to the OT because it's classic.

Oh, btw.. I'm a life long Star Wars fan and grew up with the OT. wink

-searching feelings....searching...- yep. ot is till better. but hell, opinions are like assholes, right? we all got 'em.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:30 AM
mace7386

Im gonna have to go with the PT just because im more of a huge fan of jedi and the PT has lots of em, but the OT is still a classic

Old Post May 27th, 2005 03:56 AM
Click here to Send mace7386 a Private Message Find more posts by mace7386 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

There's no comparison to be made...

The OT is far superior.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 04:05 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmonkey9206

why did you make this thread. Now we are going to start a debate, along with the god-awful prequel bashers. Anyways i like both. RotS really made the prequels look good.

Thanks to Lord Tyrant for the sig!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 04:15 AM
Click here to Send darthmonkey9206 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmonkey9206 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Everyone, as of this moment, I call a vote of No-Confidence for the PT! OT rules all! Vote now! Vote Now!

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:07 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Seriously, I like the PT if only because of Anakin's whole attitude. But that's one person. I like EVERYONE in the OT. Hence it's better.

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:07 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vanquish

PT is better for several reasons. First, the characters are not nearly as annoying. Sure there is the odd Jar Jar binks, but overall the characters and actors are just superior to the OT actors (Han solo aside of course). Secondly, the PT story line is FAR more complex. Ya I know what you're thinking, but its the truth. The OT storyline was simplistic when you think about it. A small number of characters, either good or bad, with one simple plot line that follows. No explanation of how they became that way. They just are. But the PT has the same focus on storyline, but it also throws in a lot of politics, and a lot of back story on exactly what the galaxy is all about. The writing on how Palps came to power was brilliant I think. The whole backstory on the republic and what it actualy is was also great. In the OT, we just know there is empire and rebels, with no real mention of who they are, or how they came to be. PT covers a massive spectrum of things. Plus more focus on the two greatest characters in the entire Star wars saga. Yoda of course, and Obi wan. If only that damn "chosen one" and midiclorians was omitted, it would have been perfect. They were not needed at all. Anakin could have been trained, and fall to the dark side, and come back to the light all on his own. We didn't need a chosen one story for that. Anyway...

PT owns the OT

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Vanquish a Private Message Find more posts by Vanquish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

If there was any mention of how the Empire came to be in the OT, then there'd be no PT, now would there?

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:22 AM
atila the great
Capo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tulak Hord
Everyone, as of this moment, I call a vote of No-Confidence for the PT! OT rules all! Vote now! Vote Now!

dude you're qouting lines from the PT to say OT rules huh

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:30 AM
Click here to Send atila the great a Private Message Find more posts by atila the great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Yeah...

Old Post May 27th, 2005 05:34 AM
supercybergeek

So I guess he wasn't the choosen one

Old Post May 27th, 2005 06:10 AM