KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Darth Sidious

Darth Sidious
Started by: jpsmith5

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jpsmith5

Darth Sidious

Was it just me or did GL go over the top on showing how weak Sidious was? I was actually looking forward to see some of his fight scenes and looking forward to see how he compared to the Jedi Masters. In my opinion, when you make a villain this weak you might as well kill the character off. I'am not a Darth Sidious fan but I just think it ruins Ian McDiarmids character and when you look at ROTJ I just can't see the emperor as an imposing or powerful figure any more.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 09:25 AM
Click here to Send jpsmith5 a Private Message Find more posts by jpsmith5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

He wasn't weak at all. He was the strongest!

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 09:41 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aluminum Falcon

Sids was ok.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 09:44 AM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Funkadelic

Muserke de 20ste ga kik na de Fantastic Four gaan kijke ze

It's an image worth pondering for a moment. Maybe, when you cut past the instrumental and songwriting virtuosity, the funny voices and characters, what is left is a man alone in his recording studio for days at a time.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 09:46 AM
Click here to Send Funkadelic a Private Message Find more posts by Funkadelic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aluminum Falcon

Me too. I think at 2 or 5 pm.

I don't think palps was too weak, he did put up a good fight against yoda.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 10:02 AM
Click here to Send Aluminum Falcon a Private Message Find more posts by Aluminum Falcon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kanis
L dragon

alien While vader was his agent of evil the emperor did not need to do anything anymore he send vader boom job done and he would sit there secretly plotting to get rid of vader and replace him with luke, or sit there and play on the psp and look evil, and order planets to be destroyed.

The dragon lord cometh

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 10:12 AM
Click here to Send kanis a Private Message Find more posts by kanis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

It's just you.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 11:47 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir J
pure blood

how is he weak he killed three jedi in 10 seconds he launched mace out the window he sent yoda flying i think he is better this way

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Sir J a Private Message Find more posts by Sir J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Mader
Dark Sith

He was not weak blame the actors.... The man who played sidious was a old man he couldnt move fast.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 02:01 PM
Click here to Send Lord Mader a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Mader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cameron666
Teh Sexay Fairy

Palps went head to head with the likes of Yoda and Winu, with Windu barely beating him. He is not too weak, You should be ashamed of yourself.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 02:27 PM
Click here to Send cameron666 a Private Message Find more posts by cameron666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

weak?

what are you new? he killed 3 masters on the council in under 10 seconds.

not to mention beat Yoda who is the strongest Jedi in the entire SW universe. (though they were equal in power)

He lost to mace in his saber duel becasue either a) he underestimated how good windu was, Sith arrogence yet again. or b) he lost on purpose because he knew anakin was coming anyways.

Palpatine weak? wtf is wrong with you man....

perhaps you should watch the movie again...

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 07:22 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alkaselzer
Thespian

Many many times. messed

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 07:27 PM
Click here to Send Alkaselzer a Private Message Find more posts by Alkaselzer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

indeed

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 07:39 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jpsmith5

Darth Sidious

Is that why Mace Windu was able to easily defeat Sidious and have him begging for his life on the ground. If it wasn't for Anakin intervening Sidious would have been one headless person. As far as the Yoda fight Sidious was betrayed as a coward. He tries to run in the begining, then when he throws the pods and everything else Yoda just blocks it rather easily. Then the moment when Sidious hurls the Force Lightning at Yoda it appears that Sidious can't break through Yoda's defenses and then Yoda throws back at him which he can't handle and with his face expression you can tell he was getting scared. When they fell why didn't check the senatorial ground himself instead having his Clone troops doing it that scene is implying weakness.

laughing

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send jpsmith5 a Private Message Find more posts by jpsmith5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Sids was faking him losing to Windu, all the begging was a ploy to get anakin to turn.

as for the Yoda/ palpatine thing i dont want to repeat myself over again, so go to this thread, read it. you might learn something

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...sidious+vs+yoda

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 08:44 PM
jpsmith5

Darth Sidious

There's no evidence to prove that Sidious was faking the fight. He just got beat fair and square by a better fighter. Knowing Sidious he would have never taken a chance of have a Jedi Master standing over him ready to strike.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 08:53 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Oh, for the love of all things merciful...

Go find a thread regarding Mace Windu fighting Sidious, don't give us that crap in this thread too!

Old Post Jul 16th, 2005 09:40 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

Re: Darth Sidious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jpsmith5
There's no evidence to prove that Sidious was faking the fight. He just got beat fair and square by a better fighter. Knowing Sidious he would have never taken a chance of have a Jedi Master standing over him ready to strike.

no evidence?

what about the fact that he was equal to Yoda in sword skills?

and since yoda is the best of the jedi in force and sword skills....that means.....wait...

Sids was better then windu in sword skills!

and as for the rest of it if sids had wanted to he could have fried windu long before he did. i mean, if you saw te movie his "begging" was stupidly done, he was obviously acting, also if u notice after he "beggs for his life" he gives anakin a glare. meaning, hes looking to see if his ploy is working or not.

please watch the movie and use logic and simple observation before you just say things.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 02:42 AM
I AM JEDI

no dude yoda was a jedi counsler he was way better in force abilities then saber skills. Mace Windu was a jedi Gaurdian he was better at saber skills then force abilites. Sid fought mace windu who is the best lightsaber duelist in the galaxie! so there for sid lost being sid is more a force type using dark jedi similar to yoda. Thats why sid put a better fight with yoda because sid and yoda depended on force abilities. Yoda didnt lose the fight with sid it was more or like a draw plus he lost his lightsaber fighting sid. And yes he tried to run awayin the start of the fight! that means we has scared no matter that u say THE ANOMALY. after the his lightsaber becoming lost he ran becuase clone troopers where coming alot of them .. no sith or jedi can take on a mass number of clones without a light saber... so he took off.. plus he knew for some reason if he where to die he couldnt meet obiwan to discuss further plans! ok good this is all true!!!

There is no death, there is the force.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 05:43 AM
Click here to Send I AM JEDI a Private Message Find more posts by I AM JEDI Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Palpatine beat Mace. Palpatine beat Yoda.

Palpatine is not weak. Sometimes I think I watched an entirely different movie than you people...

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 06:02 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote