KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » The gamecube isn't kiddie!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
This is bull! GCN isn't kiddie! 32 64.00%
No, I agree with the people saying it is kiddie. 18 36.00%
Total: 50 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The gamecube isn't kiddie!!!!!!!!!
Started by: DracotheDragon

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
[D_A]Kherr

Angry The gamecube isn't kiddie!!!!!!!!!

mad I can't stand hearing people say that the Gamecube is kiddie! I don't find ANYTHING about Resident Evil or 007 kiddie! Do you?!?!? I mean, c'mon, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes isn't kiddie! Blow someone's head in and blood splatters all OVER the area the guy was in!!!!! I just HATE it when people say that the GCN is kiddie!!!! JEEZ!!!! What do you people think about this?!?!?!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 02:46 PM
[D_A]Kherr is currently offline Click here to Send [D_A]Kherr a Private Message Find more posts by [D_A]Kherr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skorn254
Renafan

Sleep

Those are just a few games there are very few good games for gamecube.Most of the not good ones are Happy Dance kiddy. Happy Dance

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:35 PM
Skorn254 is currently offline Click here to Send Skorn254 a Private Message Find more posts by Skorn254 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It is meant for kiddies. Big kids play with PS2, and bigger kids play with the Xbox.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:36 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

i think it is a family game system.PS2 and XBOX is for a of groupe friends or for alone

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 05:41 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

TOTALLY A KIDDIE CONSOLE!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 07:02 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chops
Bassdude

some games are kiddie some are not i have a game cube and 2 ps2s so im not worried

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:40 PM
chops is currently offline Click here to Send chops a Private Message Find more posts by chops Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Gamecube isn't kiddie - *points to Resident Evil series, Eternal Darkness, the NEW Zelda game, MGS: Twin Snakes*

I'd say the PS2 is more kiddy - you always see kids going on about GTA and other (im)mature games with tons of blood and overkill.

That's just my opinion, but from where I stand, more people I know of my age (20) own Gamecubes, whereas my youngest bro's friends (12) all have their PS2s and GTAs cos "dey is wicked".

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 08:52 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

The GCN is not a 'kiddy' system. Sure, it has a good amount of games for kids, but it also has quite a good amount of games for "big kids." And anyone that thinks Super Smash Bros. Melee is kiddy can go choke on feces, because there is nothing wrong with Mario and the other characters native to Nintendo consules. Metroid is not kiddie. Geez, get over yourselves.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 09:08 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spearhead
Prophet

Systems have different games, and for the most part, Nintendo's games have always been sort of "kiddy", but so what? Each of the consoles out now have their fair share of kiddy games, and simply because Nintendo has the most kiddy games doesn't mean it's a kiddy system.

...though I do see where people are coming from, and WD's explanation I agree with.

I'm a signature!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2004 10:38 PM
Spearhead is currently offline Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
B1G SL1CK

I have a GC. All I have to say is that Nintendo made it to be a family console. Sure it has some kiddie games but it also has some of the best exclusive games. (SSBM rulz!). What makes it kiddie are the small disks (which look like they were made for little kid hands), and some of the games.

eek! eek! eek! <<< best smilie ever!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 01:28 AM
B1G SL1CK is currently offline Click here to Send B1G SL1CK a Private Message Find more posts by B1G SL1CK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

Re: The gamecube isn't kiddie!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by DracotheDragon
mad I can't stand hearing people say that the Gamecube is kiddie! I don't find ANYTHING about Resident Evil or 007 kiddie! Do you?!?!? I mean, c'mon, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes isn't kiddie! Blow someone's head in and blood splatters all OVER the area the guy was in!!!!! I just HATE it when people say that the GCN is kiddie!!!! JEEZ!!!! What do you people think about this?!?!?!

I'm so with you there. I own a gamecube and it's by no means kiddie at all like you've said. GC has it's vast majority of older aged games, yet they offer a great variety of games for the younger as well, but that does not make it kiddie.

I do believe X-Box has a SpongeBob squarepants game. That's not kiddie?

SMX
cool

I like George.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 02:15 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

I have game cube and I'll admit that it's a child's system.

And you guys that are feltching on SSBM's ass need to back off. That game is NOTHING spectacular. Graphics are on par with normal Smash Brother's, game play is decent, the game is short as hell, and the challenge is minimal unless you have friends over. But if i have friends over, we're playing games like Halo, Fifa 2004, or Madden 2004.

Compare their Final Fantasy (Crystal Cronicles) to other Final Fantasy games found on PS2 and you'll see that it is indeed a kiddie game.

That being said Zelda and Mario are both kid games....but they also happen to be some of the best games ever created. Just because a game or system is "kiddie" doesn't mean that it's not fun. So stop saying "kiddie" like it's a bad thing. We were all kids once....and some still are.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 02:02 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jedi Shmedi
NNOOO000000oooooo

Well, cosidering Resident Evil 4 is coming to the Gamecube (as a console exsclusive thank god), It will probably be one of the most gory games to be released on the Cube yet.

So NO the Gamecube is not kiddie in the least.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:34 PM
Jedi Shmedi is currently offline Click here to Send Jedi Shmedi a Private Message Find more posts by Jedi Shmedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpikeSpiegel
Swimming Bird

I agree with Linkalicious. It is kiddie, just not in a bad way.

I'm not going there to die. I'm going there to see if I really am alive.
Check my Bio for my stories [Last Updated - 27th July 2008]

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 04:40 PM
SpikeSpiegel is currently offline Click here to Send SpikeSpiegel a Private Message Find more posts by SpikeSpiegel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shangheid
Bored

i have a gc i think some games arefor kiddies and some are for older kids DONT DISS SPONGE BOB he is awsome! even if it is for lil kids!but n e ways gc is more not kiddies on my part

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 05:34 PM
shangheid is currently offline Click here to Send shangheid a Private Message Find more posts by shangheid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Despite the fact the likes of Zelda, and Mario, and Smash Brothers are all brilliant and truly awesome and all, they are seen as kiddy merely for the fact that they are cartoony.

We see quality games, the modern moron sees a kids game.

Those that are young at heart still enjoy cartoons, they are a form of medium that, contrary to popular belief, are as adult as they come sometimes.

Despite the fact live action is seen as "adult" - there are a load of juvenile live action TV shows and games out there. It's merely a trend in western society to class cartoons as fantasy, which they are. The fact that they are fantastical means it relates to a time when we believed in such things, when we were kids. Our society is constantly telling us to "grow up" and do something sh*t like accounting or something. Cartoons ARE kiddy, by definition, even though that is far from the truth, it's just that people are monumentally stupid and ignorant.

Despite our lovey-dovey, PC filled world of nonsense and being "open" about going against traditions of our culture, we are a bunch of hypocrits. We are still racist, prejudiced, sexist, and we still think cartoons are for kids.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:00 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Come on! Originaly the GameCube was for younger kids. Nintendo started to notice that they were heading for a downfall due to the poor sales. They couldn't compete with The PS and Xbox titles since the younger kids wanted to play games like Halo and FF. So they decided to start making more agressive games. Game Cube started as kiddie console, and now is trying to make more rated M games.

btw-is cool to have a former USA president agreeing with me. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:32 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shangheid
Bored

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Come on! Originaly the GameCube was for younger kids. Nintendo started to notice that they were heading for a downfall due to the poor sales. They couldn't compete with The PS and Xbox titles since the younger kids wanted to play games like Halo and FF. So they decided to start making more agressive games. Game Cube started as kiddie console, and now is trying to make more rated M games.

i agree with that!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 06:34 PM
shangheid is currently offline Click here to Send shangheid a Private Message Find more posts by shangheid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kraken
Wraith

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer

i gotta say agree with you too that was a good point.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2004 09:28 PM
Kraken is currently offline Click here to Send Kraken a Private Message Find more posts by Kraken Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

quote:
Originally posted by shangheid
i have a gc i think some games arefor kiddies and some are for older kids DONT DISS SPONGE BOB he is awsome! even if it is for lil kids!but n e ways gc is more not kiddies on my part

I had no intentions to diss SpongeBob, he is awesome like you've said. There is much adult humor in that cartoon, quite humerous as well. All I meant to say by that is SpondeBob is more of a kids visionary concept than adults. That doesn't mean older people can't like it either. I do.

Link made a superb point, all of us were once kids and still are somewhat. So kiddie games are not bad, but somehow it all gets directed to GC when indeed other platforms sell it as well.

SMX
cool

P.S I own Zelda, and don't be fooled by it's cartoonish image, that game is for all ages. You can believe it's a kids game, I respect that, just don't be fooled by it's image. smile

I like George.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 12:28 AM
Sith Master X is currently offline Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote