KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Hayden Christensan thinking about quitting acting

Hayden Christensan thinking about quitting acting
Started by: vader519

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

Hayden Christensan thinking about quitting acting

Anyone heard this news. Hayden is thinking about quitting acting, mainly because he has lost hi interest in acting, and does not want to become the next ORlando Bloom. Which means he does not want to be typecast for the rest of his career as Anakin Skywalker. HIs is thinking about pursuing a career in Arcitechture. I heard this on my local radio station while they were doing the news. I will look and see if a story as been posted online.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:24 PM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I find this really hard to believe. He is at hight of his acting career now. Why would he be bored?

Also, Hayden will never become the next Orlando Bloom, namely because he is a way better actor with far more credentials than Bloom.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:28 PM
Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

Hayden is a great actor and i truly liked him in epi iii. I think what your saying or heard is false because he is currently in italy filming a movie with mischa barton but I forgot the name of it. But hayden is farmost better than orlando .

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

I think he does not want to end up like Mark Hamill, where he can't get any movie roles and the only think we will be remembered as is ANakin and he was in star wars. I think he is very talented. Again, he has not made up his mind yet, so we will have to wait.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

No, the story is true. What he is going to do, is he is going still make movies, but if he does not get the roels that he wants or does not do well getting other movie roles he will quit. His new movie is called The Decameron.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:36 PM
obi_wans_beard
Is fulfilling his destiny

Didn't Neeson retire from acting as well after Phantom Menace? I don't think he (Hayden) will retire since as been posted he's got some new films coming up, although i'm sure he could retire if he wanted as he is probally set for life now!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 05:27 PM
Click here to Send obi_wans_beard a Private Message Find more posts by obi_wans_beard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

neeson didnt retire, hes actually been quite busy did kingdom of heaven, and a number of other films the names of whilch i cant recall

Old Post May 25th, 2005 05:30 PM
Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
obi_wans_beard
Is fulfilling his destiny

I didn't state myself fully, I meant he did retire after Phantom, but came out of exhile shortly after. he's in Batman Begins too and just did Kinsly too!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 05:48 PM
Click here to Send obi_wans_beard a Private Message Find more posts by obi_wans_beard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eleonora

His words were misinterpreted. He actually said that since he has such a strong association with Darth Vader people might not pick him to star in other films in the future.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Eleonora a Private Message Find more posts by Eleonora Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dms6117

Typecas? Yeah cuz Shattered Glass and Life As A House were both similar roles to Anakin roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:24 PM
Click here to Send dms6117 a Private Message Find more posts by dms6117 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

Well... I do have to say something here...

As much as I think Anakin is cool.. Hayden Christensen.. well, he's just not that good of an actor. He kinda seems, well, akward in his scenes-- not so much in ROTS, but deffinately in AOTC (especially the scene where him and Padme are sitting by that fire place). And the way he says to Padme in AOTC.. "I have to help her" (referring to his mom).. I dunno. Just doesn't seem to natural and flowing like Natalie Portman.

Now Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee-- Whoo! Great, great acting on their parts.

Hayden is good in ROTS though.. So I do see an improvement.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:30 PM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark hoser
Sith Lord Hoser

I think he's a really good actor i dont think he's quitting acting but i could be wrong and yes he's awesome in epi 3 i fell in love w/ that movie

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:37 PM
Click here to Send Dark hoser a Private Message Find more posts by Dark hoser Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

You know, I think what a lot of people forget about the PT and specifically the Jedi characters in the PT is that, because of their being brought up in the Jedi order, they all speak a certain way, not like what we'd consider "normal". A lot of the "strange" line readings that Hayden gives are actually being read exactly how they are intended. Just look at Samuel L. Jackson. He's doing the same thing, and it's probably easier for you all to spot that since there's a better chance you've seen other SLJ movies than HC movies. But if you do see Hayden in other things, you'll see what else he can do. The things he's done in episodes 2 & 3 are done because he was directed to do them that way. You may say, "It was his interpretation of the lines", but he knew who he was working for and what he wanted, and i'm sure that influenced the way he portrayed the character... because it's supposed to. He knew what GL wanted, and he gave it to him. I think he did very well. I understand Anakin in AOTC & ROTS, so nothing seems out of place or weird to me. Maybe some people don't actually take the time to understand the character, but that's a larger topic for another discussion. But he's a talented young actor, more so than Mark Hamill, I would say, and more marketable i'd think as well. And I mean that without having to say, "Star Wars' Hayden Christensen" when billing him in another film.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 07:58 PM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

well i dont really care to be honest, hes not a very good actor anyways....

although there was a MAJOR! improvement in ROTS, he still is not a great actor.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 25th, 2005 08:09 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
adele2k5

i think he can be a bit wooden but i think he has proven himself. he worked really hard on the fight scenes so i think he deserves credit for that.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:07 PM
Click here to Send adele2k5 a Private Message Find more posts by adele2k5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Hayden wasn't good in Star Wars but he definitely can act... I liked him in Shattered Glass.

He shouldn't quit acting he just needs to choose the right roles.

Orlando Bloom is one of the worst actors in history. Second only to Ben Affleck.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:17 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

You gotta give Orlando some credit for KOH. As for Hayden...yeah, better quit and not become like Mark Hamill. Or he should just cut back on lead roles and then work on a major project.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:18 PM
Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Could be the Boxers tactic of trying to command higher fees, by making themselves the "Last Fight" announcement, they would always get higher offers to return to the ring.... Bands do this too... And actors...
Look what it did for Brando......

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:40 PM
Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kremzike
You know, I think what a lot of people forget about the PT and specifically the Jedi characters in the PT is that, because of their being brought up in the Jedi order, they all speak a certain way, not like what we'd consider "normal". A lot of the "strange" line readings that Hayden gives are actually being read exactly how they are intended. Just look at Samuel L. Jackson. He's doing the same thing, and it's probably easier for you all to spot that since there's a better chance you've seen other SLJ movies than HC movies. But if you do see Hayden in other things, you'll see what else he can do. The things he's done in episodes 2 & 3 are done because he was directed to do them that way. You may say, "It was his interpretation of the lines", but he knew who he was working for and what he wanted, and i'm sure that influenced the way he portrayed the character... because it's supposed to. He knew what GL wanted, and he gave it to him. I think he did very well. I understand Anakin in AOTC & ROTS, so nothing seems out of place or weird to me. Maybe some people don't actually take the time to understand the character, but that's a larger topic for another discussion. But he's a talented young actor, more so than Mark Hamill, I would say, and more marketable i'd think as well. And I mean that without having to say, "Star Wars' Hayden Christensen" when billing him in another film.

Very good points,

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:45 PM
Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whisper
I killed the Zeitgeist

If I was an actor and had a few million dollars in the bank I'd maybe consider "quitting" acting.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 10:10 PM
Click here to Send Whisper a Private Message Find more posts by Whisper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote