KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine VS Gambit

Wolverine VS Gambit
Started by: willRules

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Wolverine VS Gambit

I apoligise if this has been done before but it didnt come up on the search.

No Prep. This is Mainstream 616 Marvel not ultimate or anything. Who wins?

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 07:47 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think that if Wolverine tags Gambit - fight over. However to my limited knowledge Gambit and wolverine have fought three times with Gambit winning all their fights. (Although in two of them Gambit cheated and in the other one it wasn't really wolverine but a skrull impostor.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 07:56 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Anyone?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:52 PM
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Wolverine and Gambit have fought twice (not counting the Skrull), and to my knowledge their record is 1-1.

This is just a tossup, 50/50.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 12:33 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Rob
The Leading Man

Damn. this is truly a hard fight. i like both characters and they both have many advantages. I think now Wolverine would win because,according to www.uncannyxmen.net only way to kill Wolverine is to behead him then separate the head from his body. I dont see Gambit being able to do that. Now if we are talking "classic" Wolvie,it could go either way.

"With each passing day, the world finds new and exciting ways to kill a man."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 01:58 AM
Black Rob is currently offline Click here to Send Black Rob a Private Message Find more posts by Black Rob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

They fought in a Ultimate X-men issue once too I belive.

Gambit had a hold on Wolverines claws somehow and charged them up and told Wolverine to bow down or die. Not in those words either.

But I think Wolverine would win.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 02:04 AM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Logan

Wolverine did beat Gambit pretty easy in that first Shadow King Saga.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 04:17 AM
X-Logan is currently offline Click here to Send X-Logan a Private Message Find more posts by X-Logan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by black robb
Damn. this is truly a hard fight. i like both characters and they both have many advantages. I think now Wolverine would win because,according to www.uncannyxmen.net only way to kill Wolverine is to behead him then separate the head from his body. I dont see Gambit being able to do that. Now if we are talking "classic" Wolvie,it could go either way.

Gambit could easily beat wolverine by charging his adamantium skeleton.

The hard part is touching the claws wink

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 09:08 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

If both are going all out, there no doubt Gambit would be gutted before charging his first card.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 09:16 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Gambit now, and wolverine now, Gambit. Before they fukced them up. Wolverine.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 09:23 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Originally posted by black robb

Wolverine is not a vampire......

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 05:03 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

No it clearly states wolvie can be killed,and his organs are a huge weak spot. This aint highlander,and gambit charged wolvies skull, and blew it showing that his adamantium is coated not bonded, and that makes it not organic.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 05:16 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

In an Excalibur issue, they where looking over Pro. X's on the x-men on what to do if any member went rogue... the file said the only way to kill Wolverine was to cut off his head and get it 10 feet away from his body.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 05:33 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Whoever wrote that issue was entirely full of SH*T.
EVERY Marvel description of Wolverine states very clearly
what the limitations of his healing are.
It takes several minutes to an hour to completely heal from gunshots.
He CAN be killed with enough blood loss and injury to vital areas.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 05:39 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

exactly, wolverine has become too inconsistant and overrated to hardly debate anymore,many char have been hitting him harder than a gunshot and he doesn;t fall, the accurate wolvie is down for a moment after he is hit by something powerful like the hulk, but they do that so he can stand up to him.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 05:43 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Zahit
Whoever wrote that issue was entirely full of SH*T.
EVERY Marvel description of Wolverine states very clearly
what the limitations of his healing are.
It takes several minutes to an hour to completely heal from gunshots.
He CAN be killed with enough blood loss and injury to vital areas.

When was the last time you saw Wolverine take minutes to heal from a bullet? His healing factor is a lot faster then it was when he first came around. No way to know what can kill him unless he dies... and um, stays dead. So far he has died a bunch can came back to life because of his healing factor; no way to know what can kill him

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 06:03 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

exactly, making him a little inconsistant, don't you agree

regardless this match goes either way.

death means the TOTAL AND PERMENANT end to ALL vital functions.
If he is dead, he cant LOGICALLY come back making it a paradox.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 06:07 PM
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
When was the last time you saw Wolverine take minutes to heal from a bullet? His healing factor is a lot faster then it was when he first came around. No way to know what can kill him unless he dies... and um, stays dead. So far he has died a bunch can came back to life because of his healing factor; no way to know what can kill him

So now you think he's immortal. He just "comes back to life?"
Then again, you also think Wolverine can beat Godzilla....
CHEERS.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 06:18 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
exactly, making him a little inconsistant, don't you agree

regardless this match goes either way.

death means the TOTAL AND PERMENANT end to ALL vital functions.
If he is dead, he cant LOGICALLY come back making it a paradox.

Hehe... logic left comics aloooooong time ago. Didn't you hear? He took is brother physics with him.

Wolverine has two power levels, the one he operates on when he fights bricks and the one he operates on when he fights other street levels. Aside from a a rare nuke feat he is pretty consistent but yes he is much stronger then he was when he first came around (less so then he was in the 80s though) but that is bound to happen isn't it? We don't rag on Spidy for getting leagues stronger then he was when he first came out to we? Or the Hulk?

Anyway, Wolverine should start going back to the good old days soon enough. He is only a member of two teams right now and I'm betting New Avengers wont last to long. But will everyone still hate Wolverine like they do the Punisher after his popularity ride is over? Only time will tell.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 06:20 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Zahit
So now you think he's immortal. He just "comes back to life?"
Then again, you also think Wolverine can beat Godzilla....
CHEERS.

The only differance between Wolverine and a character like Deathstroke is Wolverine has never said he is immortal. He has died and came back to life from the power of his healing factor before; it wouldnt be to much a of a stretch if a writer decided to make him immortal. Doesn't surprise me you dont know this though Zahit, you still think it takes Wolverine minutes to hours to heal from bullets... So that means what? You havent read a Wolverine comic in the last 10-15 years?

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 06:23 PM