KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Anakins Portrayal

Anakins Portrayal
Started by: peejay88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
peejay88

Anakins Portrayal

Hello, i'm new to this board, i've searched to see if there are any similar threads to this one but couldn't find any.I was just wondering how people felt towards the Anakin character in the movies? I personally, don't really think Anakin deserves the title as hero as the Original trilogy and general Star Wars mythology would have you to believe.I think the main reason for this is because of the following:

Episode1- Annoyin smart-ar*ed brat
Episode2-Arrogant know-all who ignores his peers.
Episode3-Weak and easily manipulated into doing the unthinkable (killing Padme and children)

If anything i was glad to see Anakin get his ass whupped by Obi-Wan and get burned to bring him down a peg or two?
How did the rest of you feel when this happened, any thoughts?

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:49 PM
Click here to Send peejay88 a Private Message Find more posts by peejay88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
brendy
Impressive

i just thought it was a kick @ss fight. Ob1 RULES!!!

Welcome to KMC by the way

"Luke! Take A Puff On One Of These Giant Cigarettes"

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 03:52 PM
Click here to Send brendy a Private Message Find more posts by brendy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peejay88

Thanks.
The fight did rock , you're right!
And Obi-Wan does rule, by far the best character in the Star Wars universe! IMO

Last edited by peejay88 on Jun 18th, 2005 at 04:10 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:08 PM
Click here to Send peejay88 a Private Message Find more posts by peejay88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

aww my fav character is anakin the fight was great yes but i didnt like him getting burned

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 04:21 PM
Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DenKi

i should of played Anakins Character, it would of been immense

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 07:46 PM
Click here to Send DenKi a Private Message Find more posts by DenKi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REVAN DARKSIDE
NO FATE

old or young ana

Old Post Jun 18th, 2005 08:01 PM
Click here to Send REVAN DARKSIDE a Private Message Find more posts by REVAN DARKSIDE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SoMixedUp
bittersweetness

young anakin is sooo annoying...sorry if iv just offended, but he really got on my nerves

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 08:58 PM
Click here to Send SoMixedUp a Private Message Find more posts by SoMixedUp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

I hate Hayden. He was terrible in this film (for the most part).

Old Post Jun 19th, 2005 10:13 PM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

I think Hayden was alright, but they could have gotten someone better.
Imagine if it would have been christian Bale, the new batman!
He would have torn the house down as Vader.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 05:55 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I think Hayden was alright, but they could have gotten someone better.
Imagine if it would have been christian Bale, the new batman!
He would have torn the house down as Vader.

He's too old. Otherwise Christian Bale would've been brilliant for ANY role in SW. His cold emotionless look from Equilibrium would be incredi-cool for a Boba/Jango/clone commander character, or even for a Jedi. His American Psycho fits of rage would've been perfect for a Sith....he's bloody brilliant.

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:09 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

Too old my balls, makeup does wonders, along with the right hair

But even so, Topher Grace from that 70's show would have been better lol
and I'm serious

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:21 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Anakins Portrayal

Originally posted by peejay88
Hello, i'm new to this board, i've searched to see if there are any similar threads to this one but couldn't find any.I was just wondering how people felt towards the Anakin character in the movies? I personally, don't really think Anakin deserves the title as hero as the Original trilogy and general Star Wars mythology would have you to believe.I think the main reason for this is because of the following:

Episode1- Annoyin smart-ar*ed brat
Episode2-Arrogant know-all who ignores his peers.
Episode3-Weak and easily manipulated into doing the unthinkable (killing Padme and children)

If anything i was glad to see Anakin get his ass whupped by Obi-Wan and get burned to bring him down a peg or two?
How did the rest of you feel when this happened, any thoughts?

Anakin killed his children, eh?

Well, i guess that explains why there is no Luke or Leia in Episodes IV-VI....

*COUGH*

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 07:10 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Obi Wan is defintely the coolest character.

Anniken is just some confused young lad getting manipulated by everyone.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 08:55 AM
Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Re: Re: Anakins Portrayal

Originally posted by LordSorgo
Anakin killed his children, eh?

Well, i guess that explains why there is no Luke or Leia in Episodes IV-VI....

*COUGH*

Come on Sorgo...he obviously meant the younglings

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 09:34 AM
Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Anakins Portrayal

Originally posted by Wickerman
Come on Sorgo...he obviously meant the younglings

~wickerman~

Right... And i am guessing killing younglings is violent?

It wasn't violent because...

A. I hate Younglings

and

B. They didn't show them getting killed. For all we know, they dueled Anakin, escaped and placed dummies of themselves on the Library floors.... C'mon, Wickerman!

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 10:21 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anakins Portrayal

Originally posted by LordSorgo
Right... And i am guessing killing younglings is violent?

It wasn't violent because...

A. I hate Younglings

and

B. They didn't show them getting killed. For all we know, they dueled Anakin, escaped and placed dummies of themselves on the Library floors.... C'mon, Wickerman!

shifty

now i KNOW you're not being serious

~wickerman~

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 10:54 AM
notDeadYet!
Resident Villain

Let's enumerate Anakin's good qualities...

confused

laughing out loud

but seriously...

He did care about people (sometimes) roll eyes (sarcastic)

And whether he was an ass or not, he did put his life on the line to save others... that does make you a hero (even if you are whiney/arrogant)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 11:35 AM
Click here to Send notDeadYet! a Private Message Find more posts by notDeadYet! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peejay88

Hayden was pretty bad, well wooden.Imagine though if Leonardo Dicaprio was actually chosen for this role?? That really would have sucked, he's a completely different type of wooden.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:43 PM
theshakl

Well Anakin Represents All of us when we loose it...it represents us not holding back...it represents what we would do if we didn't have to hold back.... if we had the power he had....all the other jedi are strict..but Anakin has emotions like Love, hate etc. and I loved Anakin, he's a normal lil kid.. (brat) who cares its normal..yet he is still smart and stuff
In episode 2 he seems like a normal guy growing up... and You guys can't forget that hthis guy has been taken out of a normal life..imagine how that would feel?!?!

and in episode 3 you guys are again forgetting about the Dark Side Addiction.

He is a guy who made mistakes, and in the end after so many years of being in a mistake he sees that he was wrong and he gives up his life for it.....

and that my friens..is a true hero...a hero with flaws...not the happy Spiderman type

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 06:48 PM
Click here to Send theshakl a Private Message Find more posts by theshakl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
peejay88

Originally posted by theshakl
Well Anakin Represents All of us when we loose it...it represents us not holding back...it represents what we would do if we didn't have to hold back.... if we had the power he had....all the other jedi are strict..but Anakin has emotions like Love, hate etc. and I loved Anakin, he's a normal lil kid.. (brat) who cares its normal..yet he is still smart and stuff
In episode 2 he seems like a normal guy growing up... and You guys can't forget that hthis guy has been taken out of a normal life..imagine how that would feel?!?!

and in episode 3 you guys are again forgetting about the Dark Side Addiction.

He is a guy who made mistakes, and in the end after so many years of being in a mistake he sees that he was wrong and he gives up his life for it.....

and that my friens..is a true hero...a hero with flaws...not the happy Spiderman type

*wipes tear from eye* That was one hell of a speech, musta been because for the 1st time ive seen things from Anakins point of view.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 07:03 PM