KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Supermen VS. The Green Lanterns

Supermen VS. The Green Lanterns
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Supermen VS. The Green Lanterns

Rosters

Supermen:

Superman
Sentry
Gladiator
Supreme(Rob Liefield version)
Mr. Majestic

VS.

Green Lanterns:

Green Lantern John Stewart
Green Lantern Hal Jordan
Green Lantern Kilowog
Green Lantern Guy Gardner
Green Lantern Kyle Rayner

Who takes it?

Debate.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 11:54 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Gl's

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 11:55 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

The GL's easily.

John can take out Superman quickly and easily.

Hal can stalemate Sentry until John comes over to help.

Guy could hold off Gladiator long enough to get help from Hal.

Kyle could hold off Supreme until John comes over to help him too.

Kilowog could probly take down Mr. Majestic on his own, but if not, he can at least hold him off long enough to get some help from a fellow GL.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 11:58 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Eventhough everyone is saying GL, I still hae no idea on the full extent of Sentry's power. Nor do i have an idea of what Supreme and Mr.Majestic can do. Thats why i havent voted yet.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:01 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

ohh i didn't see Sentry that can change things lol

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:02 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Supreme is pretty much the same thing as Gladiator, the only difference being hes a little slower, but he makes up for that by being a little stronger. They fought in a Gladiator/Supreme crossover one time and Gladiator won, but just barely.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:02 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

green lanterns lose, unless you feel like replacing kilowog with sinestro.

supreme, majestic, and gladiator, especially majestic, are pre-crisis supes clones. and sentry is post-crisis superman with the powers of a sun (supposedly, he can emit extreme intensity light and heat)

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:09 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Before the GL's can react there rings have been removed at super speed big grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:49 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

quote: (post)
Originally posted by whirlysplat

smile yeh

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:51 PM
ZephroCarnelian

I'l third that lol.

The REAL Men on KMC - Whirly, Juntai, Darkcrawler, Avalon...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:15 PM
ZephroCarnelian is currently offline Click here to Send ZephroCarnelian a Private Message Find more posts by ZephroCarnelian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

Originally posted by armandovalles
The GL's easily.

John can take out Superman quickly and easily.

Hal can stalemate Sentry until John comes over to help.

Guy could hold off Gladiator long enough to get help from Hal.

Kyle could hold off Supreme until John comes over to help him too.

Kilowog could probly take down Mr. Majestic on his own, but if not, he can at least hold him off long enough to get some help from a fellow GL.

Are you crazy no GL could take out Superman.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:50 PM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Hal could...he's the greatest....so say say.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 07:51 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

By who Whirly? GL's can move at FTL speeds also. Plus they have cosmic awareness. That's not happenin.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:48 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Are you crazy no GL could take out Superman.

Check out Rebirth. John takes Superman out in one move.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:49 PM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Didn't Superman take out like 10 Gl's by stealing their rings while mind controlled or something?

And yeah, Majestic and Sentry are going to be a huge pain in the ass for the GL's... I'm probly leaning towards Supes n the clones.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:51 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by Dizzle
Didn't Superman take out like 10 Gl's by stealing their rings while mind controlled or something?

And yeah, Majestic and Sentry are going to be a huge pain in the ass for the GL's... I'm probly leaning towards Supes n the clones.

Not sure Dizzle. Of those 10 GL's were any of them the big 5?

From what i hear about Sentry and Majestic, youre right. But i thought Sentry's powers werent confirmed yet? since i dont know much about the others, i cant call it. Ill leave it up to you guys. Ill just some in if i see an injustice. big grin

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:55 PM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Supreme battled and killed two alternate reality Thor's. He did not lose to Gladiator, Supreme had the upper hand in the match, it was Gladiator's idea that they stop fighting, or they'll destroy countless galaxies in the wake of their battle.

Let's assume, Sentry stalemated Galactus. Until the New Avengers 7 through 9 come out, none of you can't prove that he didn't. big grin

If you can, please name what issue and what #

Supermen winsmile

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:07 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sentry
Supreme battled and killed two alternate reality Thor's. He did not lose to Gladiator, Supreme had the upper hand in the match, it was Gladiator's idea that they stop fighting, or they'll destroy countless galaxies in the wake of their battle.

Let's assume, Sentry stalemated Galactus. Until the New Avengers 7 through 9 come out, none of you can't prove that he didn't. big grin

If you can, please name what issue and what #

Supermen winsmile

Pointless post, just establishes no one knows.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:10 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remeber reading an elseworlds type tale where Supes tons of the core at super speed stealing there rings Jrod. I'll dig it out if someone doesn't post title. It was a crap story thoughbig grin

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 10:12 PM