KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Jedi Spirit

Jedi Spirit
Started by: Dark Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jedi Spirit

In Episode III, Yoda told Obi-Wan that he has training for him on Tatooine. They were obviously talking about being a jedi spirit. Now how did Anakin become a jedi spirit if he never got training from the spirit of qui-gon? and how did qui-gon find the key to afterlife?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:39 AM
Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BAILY

no one knows..... try EU

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:41 AM
Click here to Send BAILY a Private Message Find more posts by BAILY Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

1. I assume sidious taught him, or obi-wan's spirit dragged him out for just a second to be able to before he passed. Or he's just so dang strong he might of naturally been able to, he is the chosen one.

2. I have the comic of episode 3, this is what qui-gon says to yoda.
Qui-gon: With my help you wil be able to merge with the force at will. The ability to defy death can be achieved. But only for oneself. A shaman of the whillis discovered the secret -- -- But it will never be accomplished by a sith lord. It is a state acquired through compassion not greed.

Anakin died in a state of compassion.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 02:45 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stealth Agent
1. I assume sidious taught him, or obi-wan's spirit dragged him out for just a second to be able to before he passed. Or he's just so dang strong he might of naturally been able to, he is the chosen one.

Qui-gon: With my help you wil be able to merge with the force at will. The ability to defy death can be achieved. But only for oneself. A shaman of the whillis discovered the secret -- -- But it will never be accomplished by a sith lord. It is a state acquired through compassion not greed.

Best explanation yet.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

thanks ken

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:30 AM
Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

thanks ken

Why are you thanking me? The comic book writer should thank me. stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:34 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Commander Duck
The Expendable Jedi

Yes, he died in a state of compassion. Sidious could of never taught him how to become immortal. As you stated, immortality is a state earned through compassion not greed. smokin'

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:58 AM
Click here to Send Commander Duck a Private Message Find more posts by Commander Duck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

Anakin learned it in the afterlife by Obiwan and Yoda. he was redeemed

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 05:09 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

If he died in a state of compassion, then his body would have dissapeared, if that was one aspect of having immortatily

Anakin learned it in the afterlife, just like Qui gon did

There is an afterlife, and theres be able to come back as a ghost, they are separate

Last edited by Robin Darkside on Jun 26th, 2005 at 05:16 AM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 05:12 AM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

so then only shamen dude obi and yoda merged with the force instead of dieing...that means vader never got his revenge Obi just merged with the force and blinked out and didnt really get struck down...that musta pissed vader off!

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:31 AM
Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: Jedi Spirit

Originally posted by Dark Thor
In Episode III, Yoda told Obi-Wan that he has training for him on Tatooine. They were obviously talking about being a jedi spirit. Now how did Anakin become a jedi spirit if he never got training from the spirit of qui-gon? and how did qui-gon find the key to afterlife?

laughing laughing laughing

laughing

anus! laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 09:03 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

i dont buy that 'compassion' theory, because the jedi are selfless and compassionate by nature. if that theory were correct, there would be force ghosts all over the place and the 'trick' would have been common knowledge.

-i think its either:

-anakin gets to be a force ghost by default, since he's redemed and is the chosen one. perhaps his unusual midi-count makes it easier for him.

-yoda and ben guided him while he died. many people are like "DUH THATS SO STUUUUUUUUUPID", but why not? obiwan and yoda needed training from quigon to do the trick, so what if they communicated to anakin as he died? and why did yoda bother becoming a force ghost? if his job was really done, he should have just said 'adios' and died normally. what did he have left to accomplish? must have been something left on his 'to do' list....thats the only thing that makes sense to me. im not sure if i like it though.

Last edited by PVS on Jun 27th, 2005 at 12:10 PM

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:08 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by PVS
if that theory were correct, there would be force ghosts all over the place and the 'trick' would have been common knowledge.

going into EU...there were jedi ghosts around the place, that wouldve been an easy solution - make every jedi a ghost or whatever for a while when they die, all GL had to do was make quigon disappear, but noooooo he had to give us more fecking mind games.

the whole quigon ghost thing never took to me, it just seemed like a last ditch idea to hook the whole PT together....

[edit] when i say EU, i mean the Knights of the Old Republic era (comics, not the game or etc....)

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 12:29 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
david flood

i think we are going to have to face the fact that gl screwed on a lot of things , but but but but.......................the films are entertainig and thats all that really matters

many thanks to ast for the cool sig

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 02:00 PM
Click here to Send david flood a Private Message Find more posts by david flood Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

its very simple

Quigon learned the path to immortality in the afterlife, meaning he is able to come back as a force ghost. He learned it in the afterlife and thats why he didn;t dissapear when he died

Quigon told Yoda, and Yoda had trained Obiwan to acheive it. So when Obiwan and Yoda died, they dissapeared.

Vader did not know how to acheive it when he died, thats why he didn't dissapear. Before he died he redeemed himself, so in the afterlife, Obiwan and Yoda taught it to Anakin. Therefore Anakin is now able to acheive a force ghost.

Lucas did not mess up, he actually let us know why Obiwan and yoda dissapear when they died.

Compassion before he died theory is all a bunch of bullshit

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:18 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

no no no...yoda said that quigon "discovered the path to immortality"
that implies far more than being able to communicate to the living.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:33 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

omg, no no no no

yes, communicate with the living, but not all is explained, you will never know it all

everybody dies and transform into the force, but I would imagine that for Quigon, Yoda, Obiwan, and Anakin, its more than that

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:39 PM
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

Hmmm.....

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:58 PM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
green dude

Stealth Agent good explanation i thought i was only one

who red them stick out tongue and yeah they can do it after cuz qui-gon found out

by other dead force guys or found out who knows roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:28 PM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

my explanation is correct, not the EU stuff

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 05:34 PM