KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Was the Prequel Trilogy worth it?

Was the Prequel Trilogy worth it?
Started by: DarkAge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

Was the Prequel Trilogy worth it?

Now that it is finished, would you say that it was worth resurrecting the Star Wars series for these three movies? One bad thing is that watching the series in numerical order spoils every major surprise of the OT. However, if you watch the OT first then I guess the PT has proven useful for providing further insight into the old republic, Anakin Skywalker and the old Jedi order. Do you think it was all worth it?

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:36 AM
Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

What do you mean 'was it worth it'? It's not like we lost anything out of it...

Perhaps it would be better asking George if it was worth sacrificing another decade of his life to make the prequels...

It is nice to have a backstory, but it isn't neccessary... The prequels are not needed, but they definitely are not 'worthless'.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:40 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

George wrote 1,2,and 3 first but did 4,5,and 6 because he thought Star Wars wasn't going to be a big hit and he thought 4,5,and 6 would be better.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:55 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
What do you mean 'was it worth it'? It's not like we lost anything out of it...

Perhaps it would be better asking George if it was worth sacrificing another decade of his life to make the prequels...

It is nice to have a backstory, but it isn't neccessary... The prequels are not needed, but they definitely are not 'worthless'.

yeah, i agree...

Originally posted by General Zodiac
George wrote 1,2,and 3 first but did 4,5,and 6 because he thought Star Wars wasn't going to be a big hit and he thought 4,5,and 6 would be better.

he had a general outline, nothing more (if he even had that)...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:58 AM
Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

He had the ideas for all of them. He wrote 4 5 and 6 first. He wrote the scripts for 1 2 and 3 in the late 90's, and 2000-2003.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:59 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

I have nothing to say....

Every feel like being evil?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:01 AM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
green dude

if you have nothing to say why post ?confused

was it worth it ? stick out tongue yeah i think so would this forum be here ?
i like the PT more than OT but i need to see all of em but i think
it was worth it 100% big grin wink

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:02 AM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

I have nothing to say about this particular thread. unless you meant just on this thread. if so then I don't know why.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:04 AM
Click here to Send Darth Travizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Travizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

Worth it to me, I now have 3 movies that will not spend much time away from my DVD player.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:13 AM
Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

not really i personally think the movies should have focused less on normal anakin and more on darth-vader .....actually eliminating the jedi , all he did was kill a few children we should have had a film here Darth has conflicting emotions about killing his Jedi brethren before finally striking them down and scouring the universe for all remaining jedi

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 05:40 AM
Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

C'mon, it was all worth it. The PT is so much better with ROTS, and it connects to the OT nicely.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:26 PM
Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robin Darkside
Restricted

Account Restricted

dont even bother answering this dumb question

let this thread die

The fate of the galaxy lies with the Empire.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:29 PM
Click here to Send Robin Darkside a Private Message Find more posts by Robin Darkside Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Was the Prequel Trilogy worth it?

Originally posted by DarkAge
Do you think it was all worth it?

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!"

stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:34 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

It was 15 page outline. According to GL (wherever this info came from somebody posted, I don't remember where) that everything that happened in TPM and AOTC was about 40% of the orignal back story, while ROTS was about 60% of it.

It was well worth it, and in a lot of ways in the general public it is starting to show. In the eyes of a lot of people Star Wars is cool again. I noticed on Amazon.com that the reviews in the last month for TPM and AOTC have jumped from 3 stars to 3 and a half. That is mainly due to positve reviews flooding in.

They are not that bad!!!!!!!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:41 PM
Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

If I had seen TPM first, I don't know that I would have watched the others. I am glad the OT came out first, it made the PT worth watching to answer so many questions. Of all, I have to say I like ROTS best, but I really enjoyed the OT when I was younger.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Travizzle
Step Off

Ya, well I liked RoTS WAY better than TPM and AoTC

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:53 PM
Cipher
Non-Entity

All things considered, I would say yes.
Now I know the whole story (even if some of it could've been better).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 07:40 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
green dude

Well i like PT a lot better than OT rots deffinetly was the best out of them all. cool

Yeah they should have showned he had gone bad but still had good i him cuz the youngling thing he looks like he's all bad sith. evil face

They should make extended version like LOTR that would ROCK
big time wink

Dose anyone know if they are releasing all six movies on DVD
as pack ? confused

Last edited by green dude on Jun 28th, 2005 at 04:12 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:09 PM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhindon
Mrs. Ackles

Rumor has it that will happen in November. I'm not sure if they will release all six that quickly, but it will happen eventually (I would think)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Rhindon a Private Message Find more posts by Rhindon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote