KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » 6 DVDs to Release...THIS FALL

6 DVDs to Release...THIS FALL
Started by: Sting_2003

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sting_2003
Darth Maul RULES!

6 DVDs to Release...THIS FALL

According to sources for
ComingSoon.Net, we'll be seeing 6 different Star Wars DVD releases on November 1st of this year. It looks like you can buy the final movie separately, buy the prequels together or buy all six films in a complete set. Whether or not this is the "definitive release" of the complete saga is unknown, but we can sure hope for a pile of new extras. Here's the list we were given:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Full Screen) 11/1

(Courtesy: TheForce.net)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:01 AM
Click here to Send Sting_2003 a Private Message Find more posts by Sting_2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I doubt the credibility of this.

For sure Episode III will be released in November, maybe the Prequel Boxset.

But I think they will wait a bit on the Saga Boxset

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:05 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

why arent they all on widescreen?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
why arent they all on widescreen?

They are. confused

Read it again, verrrrrrrrrrrry slowly.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:08 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Sidious01
Sword&WeaponMasterOfGSG

damn i hope this is true

Sig by Ast

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:36 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Sidious01 a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Sidious01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

how about episodes IV-VI without all the extra garbage.... like that will ever happen sad

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:51 AM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
palpy_666
SITH LORD

TFN also reports this.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:54 AM
Click here to Send palpy_666 a Private Message Find more posts by palpy_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

God dammit, i just got done dishing out $60 for the original star wars box set. Lucas industires has been blinded by greed. Does this make george a sith? I think so.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:57 AM
Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DeVi| D0do
The 8th Deadly Sin

Wouldn't it make more sense to just release Episode III first... so that people who have bought the prequels seperately and the OT Box set can complete their saga?

And then release a Saga Box Set with different extras... so that people who already have the whole saga will buy it again.

And then release just the OT Box Set with even more extras and deleted scenes.

And then the PT Box Set with more extras. Then release an Ultimate Saga Box Set with even more extras and rocket boosters on the side.

And then release an Ultimate Hyper Super Dooper Mega Most-ridiculously-over-priced Saga Box Set.

And then when the next format comes out do the whole thing again!

WOOOO! HAPPY TIMES ARE AHEAD OF US!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send DeVi| D0do a Private Message Find more posts by DeVi| D0do Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

Lucas already said, no saga release until HD/Blu Ray, so not until at least 2007

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:26 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Jello
Cheese Spelunker

if this news is true though, I think that as part of the special edition, they should add a scene to episode III where baron papanoida is killing jedi on an alien world made entirely of money.

Wonder when will it'll all be over...
Living in a void when the void grows colder...
Wonder when it'll all be over?
Will you be laughing when it's over?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:28 AM
Click here to Send Darth Jello a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Jello Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tlbauerle
thestarwarsfan

What the crap...

I just hope the special features in the Prequel Box is the same in the Saga box...

Damn...

HOWEVER...

Maybe there will be some corrections on the OT, we can always hope for that. Fix the audio and sabers...I'll buy that a second time.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 05:12 AM
Click here to Send tlbauerle a Private Message Find more posts by tlbauerle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kremzike
Max Rebo's roadie

I'm feeling that this prequel box set this fall could simply be the two DVDs we already have of I and II plus the new DVD of III. I don't think it's gonna be like the OT set we got last year. The only thing that makes me doubt my own theory is that it might cost a bundle if they include both discs that came with I and II as well as 2 discs for III. But perhaps they won't include those extra discs for I and II. Or maybe they'll make a box to match the OT box. 4 discs, with the last disc maybe being the extra features for III alone, or maybe with a few of the I & II extras.

Whatever the case, I don't think the DVDs of IV, V and VI will be any different than the ones we got last September. if they actually do go and box the PT up to match the OT or even package them all in one box already, the content will probably be the same. Damn, my head hurts because i'm thinking about something I have absolutely no knowledge of! None of us know for sure, and the more I think, the more options I come up with! Let's come back here in November & see if any of us were right.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 05:58 AM
Click here to Send kremzike a Private Message Find more posts by kremzike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DeVi| D0do
Wouldn't it make more sense to just release Episode III first... so that people who have bought the prequels seperately and the OT Box set can complete their saga?

And then release a Saga Box Set with different extras... so that people who already have the whole saga will buy it again.

And then release just the OT Box Set with even more extras and deleted scenes.

And then the PT Box Set with more extras. Then release an Ultimate Saga Box Set with even more extras and rocket boosters on the side.

And then release an Ultimate Hyper Super Dooper Mega Most-ridiculously-over-priced Saga Box Set.

And then when the next format comes out do the whole thing again!

WOOOO! HAPPY TIMES ARE AHEAD OF US!

laughinglaughinglaughing

damn you dodo laughing

gotta catch em all! eek!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 07:13 AM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

i checked coming soon.net but that story isnt there. could they have taken it down because it was fake (like with the spider-man villains)

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:12 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediStang
Releasing My Anger

AHHHH NO VHS! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY VHS!!! mad mad mad

just kidding. laughing laughing

But that sounds cool. Hopefully, they will all come out and you will be able to get all the bonus material without buying the I-VI set. But I will definately buy the I-III on widescreen DVD, because I have I and II on Fullscreen and they suck. sad

Visit The Great Star Wars Thread for Star Wars arrangements!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:33 PM
Click here to Send JediStang a Private Message Find more posts by JediStang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediStang
Releasing My Anger

I just had a revelation, there will be 10 disks:

Episode I DVD
Episode I DVD Bonus

Episode II DVD
Episode II DVD Bonus

Episode III DVD
Episode III DVD Bonus

Episode IV

Episode V

Episode VI

OT Bonus (the one in the OT DVD box)

Plus 10 is a good round number, and it will come in a nice box. So yeah like I said I am going to buy the Prequel DVD's again.

Visit The Great Star Wars Thread for Star Wars arrangements!

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 03:37 PM
Click here to Send JediStang a Private Message Find more posts by JediStang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
atila the great
Capo

unless the PT has some new stuff i won't buy them, just episode 3 alone

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 04:16 PM
Click here to Send atila the great a Private Message Find more posts by atila the great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

I'd be full of BS if I said I wouldn't buy every single DVD release..

I heard somewhere about a totally new bonus disc for the OT with the Saga box. One filled with OT deleted scenes.

Unfortunately it probably won't be until 2007..that and the TV series will be what Celebration IV is based on.

That's exactly what I was thinking..all these other changes have been made..but the most basic ones have not. The saber blades and blaster shots need to be redone..as well as having JEJ re-record the lines for EpIV. He sounds totally different in this film than in all the rest. Voice isn't as deep or something..

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

make han shoot first....

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote