KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman VS upper street-levelers

Who wins most out of ten fights?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Wonder Woman! 10 47.62%
The team. 11 52.38%
Split down the middle... 0 0%
Total: 21 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wonder Woman VS upper street-levelers
Started by: Khellendros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Wonder Woman VS upper street-levelers

Wonder Woman: No flying, no lasso, with bracelets.

VS.

Captain America
Batman
Batgirl
Iron fist
Taskmaster
Black Panther
Midnighter
Daredevil
Wolverine
Deathstroke

The team gets their basic equipment. Do they stand a chance against the Amazon?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:18 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Wonder Woman wins. Not only is she highly skilled, shes durable on her own ( altho less than some guys here ). Her combat speed is higher, and her huge strengh advantage is going to give her the wins.

Simply put, shes skilled as these guys, have faster reflexes and her punches can Ko any of those if she wants.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:23 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

i think wonder woman would lose...but not without a lot of human shields going down first...

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:24 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Her only way of losing is if she wfights around slow for Wolverine to stab her.

Unlike Superman she usually uses combat speed.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:28 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

explain to me why deathstroke can't give her a decent run for her money when he's already done it?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:29 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

quote: (post)
Originally posted by olympian
Wonder Woman wins. Not only is she highly skilled, shes durable on her own ( altho less than some guys here ). Her combat speed is higher, and her huge strengh advantage is going to give her the wins.

Simply put, shes skilled as these guys, have faster reflexes and her punches can Ko any of those if she wants.

Yeah, but I've heard Deathstroke has given her trouble before, and Midnighter is more like Deathstroke in powerset than he is to, say, Batman. Wolverine has his adamantium and healing factor, Black Panther has his vibranium suit and a few of Iron Fist's chi amped punches in a row could probably injure her. It's a tought fight for the team, of course, but if you look at their abilities and feats this shapes up as a good struggle for WW.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:30 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Because more often than not shes has everythng to win. And with that strengh differnce and speed i fail to see how they win the majority.

And i consider Deadstrock against Jla a low showing. Unless you come up with the idea hes above them as a group. Even that one without Superman he fought.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:36 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

And i consider Deadstrock against Jla a low showing. Unless you come up with the idea hes above them as a group. Even that one without Superman he fought.

Of course he isn't above them as a group, but that's the point with these characters. Guys like Deathstroke and Wolverine and to a greater extent Batman And Daredevil have taking on people who are above them in power levels as their stock in trade.

Between the use of explosives from Deathstroke and Batman, the healing factors of Wolverine, Deathstroke and Midnighter and the resistance to sever injury afforded to BP Captain America and Wolveine with his skeleton, I think Wonder woman is in trouble.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2005 11:44 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

BUMP for more votes/arguments.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:34 AM
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Iron Fist and Wolvie can hurt her good. Iron Fist can sink tankers with his blows. If the others distracted her, he could land a few solid shots in, while she's disoriented, Wolvie could plunge his claws into her.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:40 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

when written the way she's supposed to be written (a stutter step behind Superman in all categories), she would be able to end this fight in seconds. She should be herald category going against street characters, it should be no contest. Superman has earth-shattering power, the ability to level the planet if he so chose, and Wonder Woman is considered his peer. There's no way this group should be able to stand against Wonder Woman, when written properly.

Unfortunately, unless she's fighting Superman, she's rarely written properly, which is why writers have her fighting people like Deathstroke and Batman hand-to-hand. So REAL Wonder Woman wins 10/10. Recent Wonder Woman only wins 4/10 due to durability problems against people like Iron Fist, Deathstroke and Wolverine.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:48 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Well i changed my mind a bit. Without her weapons she is going to be in more trouble.

Its this way, if she manages to connect her punches against thse guys they all lose. If they manage to connect theyrs and considering her low durability, shes going to get down. Especially with guys like Wolverine and his claws.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:26 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Think about this, you've put these street levels against a character who's only a small step below Superman, and fights far better. True, some of these guys can hurt her if they hit her (that's a very BIG if), but like demigawd said, written right, she can easily backhand every one of them into unconciousness within seconds.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:00 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Agreed.
She wins.

Slade gave her a good run, but one reason was because he's immune to magic for some reason.

they all can hurt her, but it's doubtful any would pull a win.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:08 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

I agree. My last stance was IF they manage to hit her. If she had Supermans durability or even below they wouldnt stand a single chance.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:09 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Her durability isn't like superman's at all. Anyone can stab her, but blunt forces bounce off.

Any of these guys can stab/shoot her, but it's doubtful she'd give 'em time.

Regular old aluminium needles peirce her skin just like they do ours, but say a train runs into her, she'd be fine.

It's weird.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:10 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Thats why they have - a - chance. Her durability for someone of that level sucks.

Overall i agree, she wont give them time to do it. But theres always that slight possibility. Thats why i included it.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:12 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait, is it all at one time?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:13 AM
demigawd
Board Scientist

Yes.

But dogpiling can work against them as easily as it can work for them. Like, she can grab Wolverine and use him as a sword against everybody else.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:20 AM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

I agree. My last stance was IF they manage to hit her. If she had Supermans durability or even below they wouldnt stand a single chance.

what do you mean IF?

Attachment: 2.jpg
This has been downloaded 119 time(s).

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 04:52 PM