KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » T-900s in Terminator 3?

T-900s in Terminator 3?
Started by: chriscaffee

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chriscaffee

T-900s in Terminator 3?

Evidently Stan Winston was so impressed by the T-900 design for the T3 video games that it made a cameo appearance in the film. Now I'm thinking it either appeared in the future war scene, or perhaps in some way in CRS (perhaps the Sgt. Candy deleted scene). I haven't noticed it, so if someone could direct me that would be great. I'm going to have another look real quick and see if I can't grab some screenshots.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 12:47 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 01:21 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I couldn't look up anything on a cameo but here is an article I found on SonyPictures.co.uk for the T3 game released in 03.

"For the first time on next generation consoles, take control of the T-900, the original Terminator player by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and fight to protect John Connor from the evil Skynet controlled TX."

LINK

This would mean the model Arnie played was a T-900, but we all know he was actually a T-850 so this is a bit misleading.

I'll have to go through my T3 DVD again and see if I can pick up any missed cameos although I don't remember seeing a T-900 but it won't hurt to check.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 01:27 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Is that second picture an iTerminator?

In the game he actually is a T900. They don't have the model itself for the T800/850 in the game, which struck me as odd. I've checked the future war scene twice, but I haven't seen it. My bet is that it is in one of the CRS scenes. Oh and here is a quote I found indicating that the T900 is in the movie:

Anything else we've missed that we should know?

Our collaboration with the filmmakers went so well that they used one of our T-900s in the movie.

http://www.gamershell.com/articles/716.html

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 01:49 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

All of them are.

Its been a long time (maybe a year) since I played the game so memory is fuzzy, but I just thought the model that is with John Connor in the game would have been a T-850.

In that case chris, it could have been one of many scenes deleted from the final cut of T3.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 01:53 AM
chriscaffee

I found it. I'm posting the pic here:

(please log in to view the image)

It's that guy on the left. Pretty small cameo indeed. Funny how the T-900 is already in development in the year 2003. I think a better cameo would have been the T-70s from T2:3D, but oh well.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 02:24 AM
Praylu

I knew if the T-900 had a cameo it was somewhere in that scene, great find though!!

It does bring up some interesting questions, like how did they manage to build a T-900 when clearly nothing was left behind in T2 for them to base the designs off of? It could be said that perhaps they both managed to figure out these complexed designs and build it later, but T3 is based in 2007 and I don't think that would be sufficient time for them to learn and develop all of this technology.

Last edited by Praylu on Jul 29th, 2005 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 02:58 AM
chriscaffee

quote:
when clearly nothing was left behind in T2 for them to base the designs off of?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 03:23 AM
Praylu

Yeah I know, but T2 made a point of showing us what Cyberdyne had in their disposal and amongst it there was no leg. Also, what I meant "by nothing was left behind" was that neither John or Sarah left anything behind after the T-800 and T-1000 were both terminated. Additionally, T3 never even hinted at this being what they used to develop the technology necessary to create T-900s or any other model. Unless details on this being used were included in the movie's novel, I would still consider it a major plot hole of T3.

Last edited by Praylu on Jul 29th, 2005 at 04:24 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 04:20 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

To be honest, I don't even think they thought about it. I'd regard it as a straight up plot-hole, like many things in the movie. Mostow and co. never considered these things, they just wanted a third Terminator movie one way or the other.

The more I think about it, the more I regard this movie as a spin-off, not a sequel.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 04:49 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

It's possible they had the legs and other parts of the broken chassis off-sight. Dyson was really only concerned with the neural network processor. They probably had other teams analyzing the armor and power systems from the wrecked Terminator elsewhere.

That doesn't make T3 any more credible because they didn't menion anything like that, but if they had, it would be plausible.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 10:47 AM
Praylu

True, but if those parts were somehow saved from 84 and were being analysed by Cyberdyne then that means they also likely went sky high with the building.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:51 PM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

lol the T-900. Personally I reckon Arnie's T-800/850 still looks much better.

I'm amazed at how you could spot such a small cameo in the film! Great eyes, chriscaffee! thumb up

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 11:06 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Remember they only blew up one floor. The Elevator still took them to the perfectly untainted lobby. And, again, the other Terminator parts could have been researched somewhere else, as in another building entirely. And there is also the arm left in the gear at the steel mill. They definitly could have pulled any one of those cards if they wanted to.

That said I would have preferred Terminator 3 take place in the future detailing the battle between humans and machines, with John having flash backs to the past. This would have good parallels to 1 and 2 where it's in the present with flashes of the future. The ending of the movie would obviously be Reese, the Terminator, another Terminator and the T-1000 all travelling back in time just as the complex explodes.

That way you can watch the movies in any order and it would still actually make sense.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 11:07 PM
Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chriscaffee
Remember they only blew up one floor. The Elevator still took them to the perfectly untainted lobby. And, again, the other Terminator parts could have been researched somewhere else, as in another building entirely. And there is also the arm left in the gear at the steel mill. They definitly could have pulled any one of those cards if they wanted to.

Well since we were never told/shown/hinted where these parts were kept if at all we can only develop speculation as to what happened. It could have gone to pieces or been put away safely somewhere who knows. It is a crucial part of the creation of the Terminators and a significant element of which caused the eventual Judgement Day. It could have also been completely dismissed from the story purposely, like you said "They definitly could have pulled any one of those cards if they wanted to" but they didn't. Yet one of the many reasons why T3 failed as a Terminator film at least in my eyes.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 11:37 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Well the thing is, they made it clear in T2 that it was all over, when they destroyed the last of the chips and the Terminator. If research could be continued, they why even go to Cyberdine with Dyson and blow some stuff up, whats the point. Of all people, Dyson would know exactly what needed to be destroyed, and with his eventual death also, I still find it hard to swallow that they could just pick up where they left off like that.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 12:53 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote: (post)
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Well the thing is, they made it clear in T2 that it was all over, when they destroyed the last of the chips and the Terminator. If research could be continued, they why even go to Cyberdine with Dyson and blow some stuff up, whats the point. Of all people, Dyson would know exactly what needed to be destroyed, and with his eventual death also, I still find it hard to swallow that they could just pick up where they left off like that.

My thoughts exactly,

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 12:59 AM
chriscaffee

Dyson didn't even know where they got the chip. More then likely he knew very little about what was going on and was just preoccupied with developing a working prototype. Keep in mind that Dyson was only working on the hardware. Someone else was ultimately going to have the develop the software for SkyNet as well, so it's not like Dyson is the end all and be all, he is just "the man most directly responsible" to quote the Terminator.

And the heroes went to destroy the chip and lab because they thought it would prevent Judgment Day, not because the knew it would. Remember Cameron got rid of the future coda ending and Sarah even mentions that future is unknown at the end of T2. Cameron definitly left it open enough so that the nuclear war could still happen.

If you want my honest opinion over the series the story should have ended with the first movie. Everything is resolved in that film period. The rest is just details. T2 was a good movie, but the story itself is not really that interesting. That's why when I saw the same story in T3 with worse acting and less dynamic action, I was disappointed. No in my mind the original Terminator with the added scenes including the Cyberdyne Marquee finished the story.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 01:15 AM