KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Look what I found about KotOR 3. (Just speculation for now.)

Look what I found about KotOR 3. (Just speculation for now.)
Started by: Nactous

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look what I found about KotOR 3. (Just speculation for now.)

"As a leading representative of BioWare Corp. given the mamoth task of publicising the next in the series of Knights Of The Old Republic games (KOTOR 3), I have permission to confirm that this title is now several months underway.

This may come as a surprise to those who are currently reading this, as it was previously believed that the KOTOR staff had been cut from the LucasArts project. I can also confirm that the KOTOR 3 team is now officially on LucasArts budget and eagerly developing what we hope to be a 'must have' title on as of yet unconfirmed Next Generation platforms for 2006.

With more details to be released in the coming weeks, 3 points concerning KOTOR 3 can be posted:

1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

This has yet to be posted onto the BioWare official website (www.bioware.com) as the pages are currently serving as a front to keep viewers occupied during a drastic remodelling process of the entire site.

As previously stated, this message is soon to be posted around the internet, and new details are to be released soon.

Keep checking back for more information."

Is this rumor, speculation. I have a feeling it may be real, if so, the best part is....BIOWARE is back.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:18 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Re: Look what I found about KotOR 3. (Just speculation for now.)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nactous
1)The story takes place in a period roughly 14 years after KOTOR 2: The Sith Lords.

Hmm, 14 years. Didn't expect that.

2)There will be new characters, equipment, classes, mini games and an entirely new combat system based on the interface used on Jade Empire.

So they are changing the combat system? Interesting.

3)The plot follows directly from the last game, plunging the galaxy into war with the True Sith.

How can it follow directly after KotOR II if the setting is 14 years after KotOR II?

Is this rumor, speculation. I have a feeling it may be real, if so, the best part is....BIOWARE is back.

I would like to think it is true.
And as for BIOWARE being back, that deserves this: Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:25 PM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zachara
Lady Knight

Re: Re: Look what I found about KotOR 3. (Just speculation for now.)

Originally posted by Morridini

And as for BIOWARE being back, that deserves this: Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance [/B]

Heh, yes indeed. I think Obsidian (sp?) did alright, but did anyone else find KOTOR ...I don't know...Cleaner than KOTOR 2.

"To Yoda's English class, welcome you, do I. Put subject before verb, fail this class will you." *pokes with small cane* "Listening to me , you are not. Unwise of you, that is. For a detention with Lady Knight Zachara, will you earn. And survive that, you might not."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:33 PM
Click here to Send Zachara a Private Message Find more posts by Zachara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, its good to see you back Zachara. wink

"The wait is over."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:37 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Re: Re: Re: Look what I found about KotOR 3. (Just speculation for now.)

Originally posted by Zachara
Heh, yes indeed. I think Obsidian (sp?) did alright, but did anyone else find KOTOR ...I don't know...Cleaner than KOTOR 2.

A bigger budget, more time, and larger crew will do that to a game.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:50 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zachara
Lady Knight

Too true and yes, Nactous, I'm back.
What the world be like without the Bitchy Ass.. - I mean Zachy.. yes. YEs, Zachy. Everybody loves Zachy. wink

"To Yoda's English class, welcome you, do I. Put subject before verb, fail this class will you." *pokes with small cane* "Listening to me , you are not. Unwise of you, that is. For a detention with Lady Knight Zachara, will you earn. And survive that, you might not."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:55 PM
Click here to Send Zachara a Private Message Find more posts by Zachara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

37 posts total??? Girl, get posting!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The True Sith. I wonder who it is...anyone know?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 11:59 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Illustrious
Sans Pareil

Originally posted by Darth_Janus

Time to get busy.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Illustrious a Private Message Find more posts by Illustrious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by ESB-1138
The True Sith. I wonder who it is...anyone know?

Perhaps the sith specie.
But I thought they were all extinct by Exar Kuns time.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 12:15 AM
Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Maybe it's someone who makes Revan looks like a pussy.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 12:16 AM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zachara
Lady Knight

Originally posted by Darth_Janus

Trying wink

Joined a while ago, lost interest, came back, posted, made friends, went on vacation, came back again, posted a little again, going on vacation once again.

And I only post in SW EU since I've not felt like exploring anything else.

quote:
Perhaps the sith specie.
But I thought they were all extinct by Exar Kuns time.

I think the True Sith are the Sith that live in the Unknown Regions of Space and who once ruled over certain regions of the Known Galaxy before even Naga and Ragnos and all them dudes and dudettes were born.

At the end of KOTOR 2, Kreia says about 10 times before shes dies that the Exile must go into those Regions: "Where the Sith - the True Sith- wait for us in the dark."
She also says that Revan went there to fight with them (whether Revan was light or dark side) and that Revan needs all the warriors he/she can get. That's why Kreia sends the Exile (if he/she is light side).

So, I'm ready to see a full scale war on planets, or above planets, we've never seen before if we're fighting the True Sith and some Cool Shiny New Force Powers. Because you gotta admit, Force Crush and Enlightenment were really freakin' fun.

(please log in to view the image)

HEHEHEHEHEHE!

Peace Out!
Zachy big grin

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 10:52 PM
Great Vengeance

This is good news if its true, with bioware at the helm kotor 3 will turn out nicely.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i think that bioware will take the storyline of kotor 2 (which was hanging by a thread) and make some sense out of it. i bet they're pissed about how obsidian totally pissed on the original kotor storyline.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 04:16 AM
Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LinixCobra
Hablo Espanol

so does that mean the exile wasnt really the last jedi?? shows how much obsedian screwed up the second games storyline.

I just hope we get to see the exile or revan and have some questions answered.

big grin-- Laughing is good happy laughing--

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 04:26 AM
Click here to Send LinixCobra a Private Message Find more posts by LinixCobra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zachara
Lady Knight

No, the exile wasn't the last Jedi. He/she was just the only one the Sith could find. The rest went into hiding until you either killed them (darkside) or they got killed by someone else (lightside). Either Darkside or lightside, I think the Jedi Order somehow survived, otherwise we wouldn't of had the Jedi for the furture.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 05:45 PM
Fishy

Not necessarily, the Jedi order could have been reformed numerous times. It would not be that strange, just one surviving Jedi is enough. But its clear that the Exile is not the last Jedi, Bastila if Revan was LS was still around during Kotor II. The Exile just had something special and he could be found

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 08:29 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

I refuse to belive that The Exile is the last of the Jedi. Bastila is around. Juhani and Jolee may also be around. The Exile also may have taught Atton, Handmaiden, Mira. Visas is also still around. There are plenty of Sith Assassins that the Exile or Atton could teach.

Just got a KOTOR 3 Idea:

What if Atton was the leader of a Jedi Academy that was teaching former Sith Assasssins the ways of the Jedi.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 09:46 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Koroni
Grey Sith

Wait... does this mean they've also gotten a 12-month development cycle? If so, damn you Lucasarts, Damn yoouuu!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 07:00 PM
Click here to Send Darth Koroni a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Koroni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Brianna was prophesized by Kreia to rebuild the Order, and Mira was supposed to die protecting someone in the near future. We know that much, unless Bioware plans to just override Obsidian, which would be a serious mistake.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 07:02 PM