KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » next gen consoles

next gen consoles
Started by: sully_2u

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
sully_2u
Sex Guru

next gen consoles

what console are you going to get..Xbox 360 or PS3?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 12:35 PM
sully_2u is currently offline Click here to Send sully_2u a Private Message Find more posts by sully_2u Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gls
Holy hell

360 and revolution :P

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 07:39 PM
gls is currently offline Click here to Send gls a Private Message Find more posts by gls Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

this should be a pole lol.....xbox 360, i got $222.60 already reserved, cant stop now big grin...too bad i need 200 more cuz it with tax is $432.50 sad

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 07:42 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I'll get Revolution. Downloading good old Nintendo hits says it all.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 08:23 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

360 and Revolution.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 08:52 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

you guys like kiddy games no expression

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 09:30 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

im f*ckin getting a PS3...a sony excecutive on tv said it was 35 times more powerful than the ps2 and 7 times more powerful than x360...and nintendo has not even bothered to compete in terms of hardware

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 10:00 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
@stroFan
SMUDGE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by crazy_shadow

No, we like good games. big grin

I am sick of this Nintendo kiddie bullshit.

Made by da Piggle diggle Humsy.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 10:16 PM
@stroFan is currently offline Click here to Send @stroFan a Private Message Find more posts by @stroFan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

PS3.

Its backwards compatable so I'll be playing Metal gears, and grand theft autos for years to come.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 10:27 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by crazy_shadow

Hell no; the kiddy stuff Nintendo is pumping out now is bull, but I am getting a Revolution. That doesn't mean I like kiddy games.

It means I like good games... classics. cool

Oh yeah, and I'll get the 360, too, hopefully. PS3 will have to wait for me, because it's probably going to cost an arm and a leg more than 360, which, if my calculations are correct, turns out to a total of two arms and two legs.

I need my arms and legs right now. wink

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 11:27 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Why do people accuse Nintendo of kiddy games?

Lest we forget that real man's game, Dancemat.(Sony)

Singstar. (Sony)

What is a 'kiddy' game? Cartoonish graphics? Not about raping hookers?

To be honest it's about the same across all the platforms. People just like to lick Sony's hype hole.

'The new Sony will be 35x more powerful...'

Haha yeah. I remember when Gamecube was meant to be a kid's toy (RE4), while the PS2 was meant to be able to launch nukes.

Initiate launch nuke sequence...shit, it's on a purple disc! It won't run!

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 11:37 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

People also seem to be confusing "kiddy" with "fun".

Nintendo are the only company left that has gamers making games. Not people making games with "will this sell" in mind.

Lest we forget, Nintendo have been going for many many years, they still continue putting out Mario games. They still sell. They still f*cking rule and they still beat out most other multiplayer games than Sony or Microsoft combined could ever bring to the table in terms of fun and enjoyment.

Microsoft suffered HEAVY losses in money just so they could shift units. Wanna tell me when Nintendo have had to do that, despite being "kiddy" and "repetitive"? The fact that people still love Mario and such is because it's still great.

Mario isn't a kids game. It's just not about, as Victor said, raping hookers. My nephew loves Mariokart, so does his dad, so do I.

Nintendo rule shit because they think of what would be enjoyable to sit down in your room and play, not "What will sell well". Sony do that, and coincidentally I normally finished PS2 games and never played them again, aside from Metal Gears.

As for all this hardware bs, Sony and Microsoft can churn out all the power they want. If they pump out shit like Halo (yes, because it IS actually quite shit) and samey mediocre platformers with all the realism in the world but no fun, Nintendo could come out with something less powerful, crack out a game like RE4 and still beat the competition.

As it stands, Nintendo have more of the best games ever to their name than any other company.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 11:53 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Why do people accuse Nintendo of kiddy games?

New release gates for Gamecube games:

http://cube.ign.com/release/

New releases for playstation 2 games

http://ps2.ign.com/release/

Need I say more.....

Or better yet.

Psp games release dates:

http://psp.ign.com/release/

Nintendo DS games release dates:

http://ds.ign.com/release/

Last edited by OB1-adobe on Sep 10th, 2005 at 11:56 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 11:54 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Originally posted by Ast
No, we like good games. big grin

I am sick of this Nintendo kiddie bullshit.

I swear. Plus most kids now can't stop talking about GTA and Halo. THOSE are kiddy games if you ask me.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 11:55 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nintendo DS is actually much more fun than the PSP. At least it's something new and not just a pocket PS2.

As for the release dates, half those PS2 titles are randoms. I'd much rather play a bulk of the ones on Cube. Everyone gets sucked in by Sony.

Sony pump out so many games that you automatically assume they're better, despite not looking into whether they are or not. I'd take Metroid or any Resident Evil over any of those PS2 ones.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 11:57 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
New release gates for Gamecube games:

http://cube.ign.com/release/

New releases for playstation 2 games

http://ps2.ign.com/release/

Need I say more.....

You haven't said much yet so now would be a decent time to start.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 11:57 PM
Victor Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

well word on the tsrret is ps3s pused back to 2007 summer and so is the revolution so ill get the 360 then the ps3 then revolution

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 12:04 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shazman

Ill be getting all three evnetually

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 12:25 AM
Shazman is currently offline Click here to Send Shazman a Private Message Find more posts by Shazman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Null

PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4
Nintendo Revolution Super Smash bros Revolution
Xbox 360 Halo 3

Nuff Said

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 12:41 AM
Null is currently offline Find more posts by Null Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Halo 3? More of the same from Halo 2, which was more of the same from Halo.

All the realism in the world and it still takes a whole machine gun clip and an hour of strafing to kill someone. Give me RE4.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2005 01:01 AM