KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Galaxies, what happend?

Star Wars Galaxies, what happend?
Started by: CobbleR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

Star Wars Galaxies, what happend?

I was reading the SWG forums and from what I could accumulate from the little information, Creature Handlers are being taken out of the game and all that good stuff. If anyone knows what's happening please update me.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 06:09 AM
Click here to Send CobbleR a Private Message Find more posts by CobbleR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Something about only 7 templates to chose now (smuggler, bh etc.) instead of loads of cool professions sad. My subscriptions ran out so I cant check :/

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 07:00 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Every job is now being magically transformed in being a jedi because of complaints and lawsuits.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 7th, 2005 08:07 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

Glad I listened to my friend and switched to World of Warcraft before all this happend.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:42 AM
Click here to Send CobbleR a Private Message Find more posts by CobbleR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Ugh. WoW sucks. I friggin' hate that thing. I have lost friends to that game, and it's not even that good.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ianus
Ugh. WoW sucks. I friggin' hate that thing. I have lost friends to that game, and it's not even that good.

Exactly. The Matrix Online was pretty Dope and City of Villians.

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:58 AM
Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

The reason I switched to WoW was because my friend said the PvP was better than Galaxies. Being a Hunter is WoW is almost like being a Creature Handler in SWG, which is another reason I like it.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:01 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I hate WoW for being too basic and horrible looking. For a company that brought us the gritty, dark world of Warcraft, the game looks like a cheap cartoon deal.

And it lags like hell.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:03 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

It doesn't lag as much as SWG does. The graphics aren't too bad IMO. I think the real fun part of WoW is just going to a lowbie town and killing everyone.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:05 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Exactly why I hated it. It's a hack and slash online deal. Who the hell wants that? I like objective based gameplay. I would have liked real wars going on back and forth. Neither game offers on that one.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:06 AM
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

SWG had pretty big scaled battles, and in WoW you could always do Battlegrounds or go questing. Battlegrounds has two teams of ten and it's pretty much a capture the flag sort of thing. What do you guys think of Lineage 2?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:09 AM
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

What about Guild Wars? It has a lot of objective-based stuff, and it also basicly requires team work, with some PVP whenever you want. Plus no monthly fee.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:14 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nowadays WoW supports full PVP and Battlegrounds. SWG has a HUGE war going around, it's really exploded.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:15 AM
Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

I tried Guild Wars for a little bit. It didn't really catch my intrest, the PvP is alright, but I didn't like how you're only with other players when you're in towns or in groups.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:17 AM
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Yeah, that is a bit of a letdown, but on the bright side, more monsters for your groups, means more xp, and less of them n00bs takin' your kill. Y'know, when the monster has 2000 HP, you lower it down to 1 HP, and this stupid 8 year old comes and takes it and says "yeh im the best i killed this lvl [insert random number] i rule u suxors".

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:20 AM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CobbleR
Kielbasa Sausage

Hasn't happend to me yet, but I have had people steal my missions in SWG. WoW doesn't have the maturity level of SWG which is a bummer because I hate rolling need for something and people that want it start yelling at me because I don't need it. No one in that game knows anything about other classes but their own. I hate when people end arguements with "its fine l2p(Learn to play)", or "lern ur class nub".

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:25 AM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Originally posted by Gryn Jabar
Nowadays WoW supports full PVP and Battlegrounds. SWG has a HUGE war going around, it's really exploded.

If I could be strong enough to leave the bloody Mos Eisley area I might have noticed a war going on.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:28 AM
overlord
OD'd

What a sucky game if you can't even leave Tatooine..
You know what would be even more sucky? If you were to become a jedi.

If you die three times you have to start all over again. Even if the server crashes. I'd rather be some bounty hunter in that case.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 08:44 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nactous
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Ianus

That I agree with, I have never seen people since they started playing.

"The wait is over."

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 01:35 PM
Click here to Send Nactous a Private Message Find more posts by Nactous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Hahaha! Yeah, my friends are even not going out because of that game. And when they do.. They are all talking about WoW in the pub. It's quite annoying.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2005 02:05 PM