KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » ESB Darth Vader.

ESB Darth Vader.
Started by: Dirk Jade

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dirk Jade
Derk Jade the Dark Jedi

ESB Darth Vader.

In ESB when Lando betrays Han, leia and chewie Han fires at Darth Vader right? Does Vader use the force to block the shots or does he just let it hit him anyway and pull the gun away? Metal hands makes it so you only feel a little bit of pain for a second or two. Example of this is when luke gets shot in the hand on Jabbas Sail Barge.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 04:45 AM
Click here to Send Dirk Jade a Private Message Find more posts by Dirk Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

It is unknown, as far as I know. He could have let it hit him if he wanted to and it really wouldn't matter as Vader's suit has taken small lightsaber hits and not been pierced.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 04:56 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I say it's a Force power.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 05:03 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'd say he used the Force as well.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 05:11 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

This is sort of off-topic, but I read in the New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology that he had the option of having a suit made from cortosis (lightsaber resistant material) but he chose not to. What a bad decision! I would've taken it in a heartbeat.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 05:20 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Cortosis is weak against everything other than a lightsaber though(Han could have shot through Vader armor if it was cortosis). His armor was capable of stopping lightsaber hit anyway.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 05:32 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Really? I didn't know that. Thanks; I guess he wasn't so dumb afterall.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 05:50 AM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I don't know what the hell his armor is but he took several hits from the blaster and when Lukes lightsaber sliced over his shoulder I reckon his armor even held back a bit too.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 09:12 AM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maifoshis

in the eu books when luke is training jedi, he teaches energy absorption techniques they can absorb blaster energy and transfer it through their body

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 06:08 PM
Click here to Send maifoshis a Private Message Find more posts by maifoshis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

lol, so the mighty empire had not heard of composite materials?

#Durasteel#Cortosis#Durasteel#Cortosis#Durasteel#C
ortosis#

Many thin layers. But heh, it's Vader!

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 06:32 PM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

It was a good decision to not make it out of cortosis if what Glentract said was true. There were practically no saber wielders during the time of the Empire.

And I think he just let it hit his hand, it wouldn't have damaged it anyway, I recall hearing that somewhere, can't remember, sorry.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2005 09:45 PM
Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta 62
Autobots, Roll out!

I've always thought he absorbed/deflected the shots somehow. Yoda could do it with Force lightning..so i'd imagine Vader could easily do it with something as relatively weak as a shot from a sidearm.

My myspace Galbadia Hotel (Anime/Game OSTs)

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 01:51 PM
Click here to Send Delta 62 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta 62 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

What's so weird in having to put some power in cutting through a material with a lightsaber? I mean; you don't just through a lightsaber against an armored door for example with it just going through like nothing. The same can be said for blasts.
I think it's safe to say that Vaders suit can withstand at least some short exposure to power.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 02:58 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote