KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Padme's name

Padme's name
Started by: DarkAge

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

Padme's name

Can someone please clear this up for me? In TPM Queen Amidala's servant was called Padme. When she stopped being queen Amidala became known as Padme. Is the former queen's full name Padme Amidala, and if so, why would she give her decoy the same name as herself? roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 08:05 AM
Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GCG
Red Bull

Well i think she is known to the separatists as The Queeen Of Naboo, to which a further enquiry may lead to them knowing her as Queen Amidala. The first name would not be used formally.

So the seps. would never know that Queen Amidala and Padme are one.

Her full name is Padme Amidala but the Separatists dont know that. They only know her as Queen Amidala or The Queen of Naboo

Deferrals get you nowhere - Just Do It.........Or Ineptitude will consume your life like a Cancer

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 08:18 AM
Click here to Send GCG a Private Message Find more posts by GCG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Senator Padmé Naberrie Amidala Skywalker

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 12:22 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

yup. choosing to be a skywalker was a bad decision though

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 12:35 PM
Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Signed her own death sentance

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 12:43 PM
Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

and yet if she hadn't...the story line would differ from what we all know and love huh

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

actually, if TC-14 hadn't told the viceroys the embassadors were jedi knights, there would be no TPM even stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 04:57 PM
Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

or if qui-gon had never gone to tatooine...amidala would've never met anakin...huh

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 09:06 PM
Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkAge
Stronger than fear

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GCG
Well i think she is known to the separatists as The Queeen Of Naboo, to which a further enquiry may lead to them knowing her as Queen Amidala. The first name would not be used formally.

So the seps. would never know that Queen Amidala and Padme are one.

Her full name is Padme Amidala but the Separatists dont know that. They only know her as Queen Amidala or The Queen of Naboo

Well its pretty bad that I had to come searching for the answer to this. It should have been clarified in the movie, as it's very confusing.

"Be yourself. Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 04:29 AM
Click here to Send DarkAge a Private Message Find more posts by DarkAge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mtryder

Made sense to me.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 08:08 AM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Poor padme.....beautiful heroine to the last

Old Post May 6th, 2005 03:26 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

ok......acording to the book Her full name is padme naberrie and when she was elected Queen she had to choose a formal name(amidala)

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 03:09 AM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sXe
jenr

Amidala is her middle name.

Her orginal name, without Skywalker:

Padme Amidala Naberrie.

Bcuz isnt her parents last name Naberrie.

Last edited by sXe on Nov 19th, 2005 at 05:03 AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 04:58 AM
Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Wow old thread, posted in this day after I registered. Yah her parents name's are Naberrie, I read somewhere her middle name was Samantha, don't remember where though. Probably fake, all Naboo rulers choose a "name of state" instead of their real names. Amidala is a "name of state".

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:33 AM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

But she became Senator Amidala. Once out of the Queenship shouldn't she go back to Naberrie in tha case.

I think Amidala WAS her real name, and Nabberi was the name used as her role as handmaiden.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 05:36 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sXe
jenr

her last name is Naberrie, bcuz every time you hear about Padme's family, it is always labled as "The Naberrie Family."

Is any one is intrested.... here's her family tree...

Click Here

Ya-no, i get more confused as i continue to think about this, but I'm guessing that Amidala is her middle name.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 06:36 AM
Click here to Send sXe a Private Message Find more posts by sXe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know how old is padme in TPM anyway cause ani was 10/11.

And I don't think I heard Ani call her anything in AOTC or ROTS.
But I might be wrong.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 12:40 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JenR1215
her last name is Naberrie, bcuz every time you hear about Padme's family, it is always labled as "The Naberrie Family."

Is any one is intrested.... here's her family tree...

Click Here

Ya-no, i get more confused as i continue to think about this, but I'm guessing that Amidala is her middle name.
Amadila is probably her real name because Padme sounds like a servents name anyway.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 12:42 PM
Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Her full name is Padme Naberrie Amidala. Like that person near the top of the thread said, Amidala was just a formal title, and I think Padme was kept secret for safety reasons

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

I think thats right... I hope thats right....

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Nov 19th, 2005 03:46 PM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote