KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Jar Jar Binks - not the only racist element in Star Wars?

Jar Jar Binks - not the only racist element in Star Wars?
Started by: Sir Whirlysplat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jar Jar Binks - not the only racist element in Star Wars?

Posted here for GENERAL DISCUSSION

“F*ck Lando Carlrissian! Uncle Tom n*gger! Always some white boy gotta invoke 'the holy trilogy'! Bust this - those movies are about how the white man keeps the brother man down - even in a galaxy far, far away. Check this sh*t. You got cracker farm-boy Luke Skywalker, Nazi poster boy - blond hair, blue eyes. And then you've got Darth Vader: the blackest brother in the galaxy. Nubian God... Now Vader, he's a spiritual brother, with the force all that sh*t. Then this cracker Skywalker gets his hands on a light-saber, and the boy decides he's gonna run the f*cking universe - gets a whole Klan of whites together, and they're gonna bust up Vader's hood the Death Star. Now what the f*ck do you call that!...Gentrification. They're gonna drive out the black element, to make the galaxy quote, unquote 'safe' for white folks...Jedi's the most a insulting installment, because Vader's beautiful, black visage is sullied when he pulls off his a mask to reveal a feeble, crusty white man! They're trying to tell us that deep inside, we all want a to be white!”

- Hooper X Chasing Amy

Well do we agree with this critique of the original trilogy from Hooper Xs point of view?

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on Nov 25th, 2005 at 10:27 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 10:12 AM
Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Oooow, so much slang, it hurts like an ice cream headache...

I don't think I agree. Or maybe I do. I thought the Empire was actually racist, or something, I mean the rebels had plenty of non-human help. And Lando Calrissian was always black.

And to be honest Vader was always white underneath, it's just that Lucas has this whole symbolism thing going - you know Vader's evil because he's dressed in black, one of the oldest literature stereotypes. At least it was better then giving him a top hat and a moustache to twirl.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 10:31 AM
Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Precisely. Black versus white represents the good/evil schism in symbology, but skin colour did not inform that decision, it is affected by it.

Black is traditionally associated with death.

Therefore, since Darth Vader is not a black male, there is no reason to assume that that is the psychological undertone being suggested.

However, it obviously is possible.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:43 PM
Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

People also tend to believe that because he had a seperate man do the voice for Vader. James Earl Jones, who I believe has a great voice, was chosen.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:48 PM
Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

That's because the Darth Vader actor was Welsh or something.

James Earl Jones has the imposing voice needed, and in being disembodied, it becomes colourless anyway.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:49 PM
Click here to Send Victor Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Victor Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm Darth Vader.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 01:50 PM
Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

even though that guy is obviously on crack, still, it does bring up sumthin I believe is always there in shows n movies, the "prejudice" element. they always have to have sum1 stupid or idiotic, impared in one way or another who they can call loser n make fun of. look at simpsons, n that damn exchange student, they blame everythin on him, mock him, beat him up, kill him, n laugh at it. its the inbuilt tendency of humans to WANT TO HATE, call it passion, or whatever u want, its gotta be taken out sumwhere, thas why theres gotta charaters like jar jar or damn gnomes who people can ridicule.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 02:52 PM
Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
That's because the Darth Vader actor was Welsh or something.

James Earl Jones has the imposing voice needed, and in being disembodied, it becomes colourless anyway.

Dave Prowse was born in bristol in 1942 Bristol is just about in England smile

Attachment: newdarthhandships.jpg
This has been downloaded 166 time(s).

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Black is traditionally associated with death.

not everywhere smart

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:28 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Moved.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:30 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Erm.. This quote is obviously a joke.
What a stupid thread..

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 04:39 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by PVS
not everywhere smart

Luckily I didn't say that. wink

Whirly- thanks. Couldn't be bothered looking it up.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 05:29 PM
Eis
androgynous mind

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

“F*ck Lando Carlrissian! Uncle Tom n*gger! Always some white boy gotta invoke 'the holy trilogy'! Bust this - those movies are about how the white man keeps the brother man down - even in a galaxy far, far away. Check this sh*t. You got cracker farm-boy Luke Skywalker, Nazi poster boy - blond hair, blue eyes. And then you've got Darth Vader: the blackest brother in the galaxy. Nubian God... Now Vader, he's a spiritual brother, with the force all that sh*t. Then this cracker Skywalker gets his hands on a light-saber, and the boy decides he's gonna run the f*cking universe - gets a whole Klan of whites together, and they're gonna bust up Vader's hood the Death Star. Now what the f*ck do you call that!...Gentrification. They're gonna drive out the black element, to make the galaxy quote, unquote 'safe' for white folks...Jedi's the most a insulting installment, because Vader's beautiful, black visage is sullied when he pulls off his a mask to reveal a feeble, crusty white man! They're trying to tell us that deep inside, we all want a to be white!”

- Hooper X Chasing Amy

Well do we agree with this critique of the original trilogy from Hooper Xs point of view?

I do most certainly not agree with the person who wrote that!
Seriously there are people out there think everyone's out to get them, The Empire was evil and Luke did NOT plan on ruling the Galaxy he was merely a soldier to give the Republic the power... plus Mace Windu is black! And he's the coolest guy in the whole triologies!
By the way how is Jar Jar racist? huh
And I do get that black people might be upsted the whole thing that black usually represents evil and white good, and if I were black I'd probably wouldn't agree with that either but that matter is WAY past Star Wars.
George Lucas is not a racist nor are the triologies. erm

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 05:48 PM
Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Stupid quote, by the way, stormtroopers are dressed in white, does that make them good? Han Solo was dressed in black, does that make him bad? C3PO was dressed in gold, does that make him gay?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 06:12 PM
Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

And don't get us started on Lando's cape... laughing out loud

No, whoever wrote that (coughWHIRLYcough) is quite foolish. I could see if maybe it was used as comedy in a movie, but to be taken seriously? No.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 06:38 PM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Victor Von Doom
Latverian Diplomat

Originally posted by KharmaDog
Stupid quote, by the way, stormtroopers are dressed in white, does that make them good? Han Solo was dressed in black, does that make him bad? C3PO was dressed in gold, does that make him gay?

Possibly the last one.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 06:41 PM
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm Darth Vader.

-AC

You wish stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 06:44 PM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SS_181st_Snow
Flyer of the Wraith.

Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat

- Hooper X Chasing Amy

Sadly, I understood everything he said.

HEIL BARON VON RICHTHOFEN! HEIL THE LUFTWAFFE!

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 07:20 PM
Click here to Send SS_181st_Snow a Private Message Find more posts by SS_181st_Snow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I can't believe people actually take it serious..

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 08:04 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Originally posted by overlord
I can't believe people actually take it serious..

I Know. Jesus people, It's a joke. Why are so many people treating this seriously? Hasn't anybody seen Chasing Amy?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2005 11:00 PM
Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote