KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Why couldn't Vader be healed?

Why couldn't Vader be healed?
Started by: Darth Kreiger

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Krieger

Why couldn't Vader be healed?

If you look at how advanced their Cloning and Medical abilties are, you'd think they could fix Vader, plus he could use the Force, that really helps

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'm guessing that their cloning and medical abilities aren't as great as you'd think. Vader SHOULD be dead. I don't think even the greatest medical things can heal things that should be killing you.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:24 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

he did use the force. thats how he stayed alive, thru pure hate and anger and the darkside of the force.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue_Hefner

We all know the real reason: George already made the OTand just said he couldn't healed so he wouldn't have to go back and edit the OT.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:44 PM
Click here to Send Blue_Hefner a Private Message Find more posts by Blue_Hefner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

haha, true...kinda the same reason Anakin had to lose to OB1, cause he had to, lol. Otherwise Ob1 woulda been burnin on the river bank!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:47 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
haha, true...kinda the same reason Anakin had to lose to OB1, cause he had to, lol. Otherwise Ob1 woulda been burnin on the river bank!

And why Obi-Wan beat both Maul and Grievous....

Plus Obi-Wan wins anyways against Anakin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 10:34 PM
Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

haha, that ONCE. Anakin was "a far greater Jedi than OB1 could ever hope to be." by OB1's own admission. Plus Anakin was stronger in the force and a better swordsman, he lost cause he wasn't thinking clearly and he had to lose, otherwise Anakin beats OB1.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 10:57 PM
Mr Krieger

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
haha, that ONCE. Anakin was "a far greater Jedi than OB1 could ever hope to be." by OB1's own admission. Plus Anakin was stronger in the force and a better swordsman, he lost cause he wasn't thinking clearly and he had to lose, otherwise Anakin beats OB1.

That's kind words for the arrogant Jedi

And no towards the Swordsmen ability, Obi-Wan is one of those Underated characters, with Qui-Gon

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 12:53 AM
Darth Subjekt

Well at the end Anakin was a level 9 when OB1 was a level 8....do the math. He was the master of a defensive form designed to defend the increasingly growing amount of blaster bolts. He has to wait for the other person to make a mistake before he can do anything effectively...it says that in the Form 2 description. Anakin being clear minded, like he was with Dooku, would take out OB1 a lot quicker than he took out Anakin. Its not even a debate that Anakin was/is the better swordsman and Jedi. Hell Lucas said that. OB1 just had the experience over the clouded mind of a new enraged Sith.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:08 AM
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

maybe palpatine didnt want him healed if vader was fully flesh he would be more powerful then palpatine which would not be good for the emperor so perhaps he had something to do with the fact that vader never healed totally.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 07:23 AM
Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

It was Sidious' intent, I think, to make Anakin the most powerful Sith ever in order to keep the Sith going after Sidious' death, as well as have his powerful minion that none could contest...

...but didn't happen.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 08:00 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Captain REX
It was Sidious' intent, I think, to make Anakin the most powerful Sith ever in order to keep the Sith going after Sidious' death, as well as have his powerful minion that none could contest...

...but didn't happen.

I don't think that Sidious intended to die at all. Hence the clones, and his constant searching for the secret of immortality. However, I don't think he intended for Anakin to burn, either, as Rise of Darth Vader reveals.

I believe he would have relied on his psychological domination of Anakin to keep him at bay.

Which worked fine - 'til Luke came along.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 09:21 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

hmmm...i think once he was fully immersed into being Darth Vader, he became alot more strong minded and strong willed, so palps wouldn't have had that control over him. Palps knew he was gonna die SOMEtime so he wanted the Sith to continue with someone more powerful than him. Whether he didn't want to die or not by a more powerful apprentice, it didn't matter much did it? Vader chucked his ass over that rail like he was taking out the trash.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 10:22 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
hmmm...i think once he was fully immersed into being Darth Vader, he became alot more strong minded and strong willed, so palps wouldn't have had that control over him.

Palpatine has immense control and sway over Vader. Though Vader had regicidal thoughts and was ruled by ambition, he himself told Luke in RotJ that he could not defy or break away from his master.

He dominated Vader, psychologically, and would have likely continued to do so - given that Vader/Anakin, in all incarnations, was intellectually inferior to Palpatine.

quote:
Palps knew he was gonna die SOMEtime so he wanted the Sith to continue with someone more powerful than him. Whether he didn't want to die or not by a more powerful apprentice, it didn't matter much did it?

I disagree. Palpatine created his clones and constantly sought for the secrets of immortality because he didn't want to die, and sought to hold off death. Rise of Darth Vader said that he wanted to rule the Empire "forever".

He likely would have continued to train Anakin, and also continue to try to exert complete mental domination over him as well.

quote:
Vader chucked his ass over that rail like he was taking out the trash.

That is truly incompetent. Vader caught Palpatine off guard - and then died.

I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a guy being killed by "taking out the trash" - much less by the "trash" itself.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2006 11:07 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt

Originally posted by Escape81
Palpatine has immense control and sway over Vader. Though Vader had regicidal thoughts and was ruled by ambition, he himself told Luke in RotJ that he could not defy or break away from his master.

He dominated Vader, psychologically, and would have likely continued to do so - given that Vader/Anakin, in all incarnations, was intellectually inferior to Palpatine.

no no no. I know as we see he does yes. I'm saying more along the lines HAD things been different, like Padme living, him not being able to be beaten by Palpatine(staying as non-mech as possible), he wouldn't have taken as much shit as he did from Palps.

I disagree. Palpatine created his clones and constantly sought for the secrets of immortality because he didn't want to die, and sought to hold off death. Rise of Darth Vader said that he wanted to rule the Empire "forever".

He likely would have continued to train Anakin, and also continue to try to exert complete mental domination over him as well.

That's an EU twist on the tail. To hear Lucas from his definitive vision, Palps wanted Vader to surpass him and continue the Sith reign. Also as far as George is considered, Palpatine, much like Boba, is dead.

That is truly incompetent. Vader caught Palpatine off guard - and then died.

I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a guy being killed by "taking out the trash" - much less by the "trash" itself.

I find that truly incompetent. You shouldn't be able to catch someone off guard when they have a strong sense of foresight. Sidious should have seen it coming. I'm not saying he did, rather should have.

Can you go back and reread my post? I didn't say he was "killed by taking out the trash", although that expression is very common in movies, I said he threw (chucked) him over like a piece of trash. Allow me to elaborate for you. When you take a bag of trash out to a dumpster for example, generally your arms arent as high as the opening of the dumpster, requiring you to "throw" the bag up, over the entrance, and in to the dumpster. What I was saying, which i don't see why it was hard to comprehend, was he threw him in a similar manner. OK? And how exactly is Vader trash? Explain that one.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2006 12:15 AM