KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Due Process

Due Process
Started by: kalsemo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kalsemo

Due Process

Ok, when Anakin reports to Mace that Palps is a sith lord, Mace asks, "How do you know this?" all Anakin tells him is "He knows the way of the force." Mace doesn't try and get any more concrete proof or anything, he just asks, "Are you sure?" and then just poof, just like that he wants to go and arrest Palps.

Now wouldn't he (Mace) have had to obtain more concrete information before going out and making an arrest "in the name of the galactic senate"? especially in light of the fact that Mace said earlier in the movie about Anakin "I don't trust him." Why would he trust what Anakin was saying about Palps was true?

It just seems silly that Mace would not have required more proof, or at least tried to confirm Anakins statements before going out to arrest Palpy's butt, and on such a serious charge for that matter.

Aren't the Jedi supposed to practice due process?

Last edited by kalsemo on Dec 27th, 2005 at 07:01 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:53 AM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

Re: Due Process

oops, I hit quote by accident instead of edit, so a new post popped up.

Last edited by kalsemo on Dec 27th, 2005 at 07:02 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 06:59 AM
Click here to Send kalsemo a Private Message Find more posts by kalsemo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Well, lets see:

"Mace, too, has an attachment. Mace has a secret love.
Mace Windu loves the Republic."

So far, the Jedi have tracked an evil Sith Lord into the immediate circle of Palpatines advisor and/or Palps himself.
Mace knows that the Republic is in danger, no matter where the Sith is. When he even hears that palps knows the ways of the force, the only thought in his head is that the Republic is under the control of an evil man....he just wants to take over it. As for the other Jedi he took with him, perhaps they trust Mace so much, they just assume he has valid proof

Does that make sense? I have headphones on, half typing half listening to music, typing may be off right now stick out tongue

~S.L. cool

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:02 AM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth_Amidala
Well, lets see:

"Mace, too, has an attachment. Mace has a secret love.
Mace Windu loves the Republic."

So far, the Jedi have tracked an evil Sith Lord into the immediate circle of Palpatines advisor and/or Palps himself.
Mace knows that the Republic is in danger, no matter where the Sith is. When he even hears that palps knows the ways of the force, the only thought in his head is that the Republic is under the control of an evil man....he just wants to take over it. As for the other Jedi he took with him, perhaps they trust Mace so much, they just assume he has valid proof

Does that make sense? I have headphones on, half typing half listening to music, typing may be off right now stick out tongue

~S.L. cool

That makes sense....kinda

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:06 AM
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird that he moves to arrest him without any other evidence.
It wasn't exactly due process when Mace tried to kill him either, but I could at least follow that train of logic: that he was "too dangerous to be left alive", Palp being the leader of the Republic, there was no way there would be a fair trial and he would walk.
All I can figure was that Mace had been just waiting on an excuse to lay the hammer down. He (and many others) were upset that Palp had overstaid his term limits. Then Anakin comes in and tells him that Palp was a Sith lord-- he couldn't have been given a better excuse to go and take him down and take over the Senate.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Last edited by Next Venom_girl on Dec 27th, 2005 at 07:09 AM

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:07 AM
Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Uh, Mace loves the Republic so much that he didn't wait for "valid" proof before he went to arrest Palps. He jumped to conclusions, and got himself killed in his hurry to take care of it.

It's hard to type when:
"I've got a gun in my hand but the gun won't cock"
Is playing in your ear embarrasment

~S.L. cool

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:08 AM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
All I can figure was that Mace had been just waiting on an excuse to lay the hammer down.

You've got a good point there.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:12 AM
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
Yeah, I thought that was a bit weird that he moves to arrest him without any other evidence.
It wasn't exactly due process when Mace tried to kill him either, but I could at least follow that train of logic: that he was "too dangerous to be left alive", Palp being the leader of the Republic, there was no way there would be a fair trial and he would walk.
All I can figure was that Mace had been just waiting on an excuse to lay the hammer down. He (and many others) were upset that Palp had overstaid his term limits. Then Anakin comes in and tells him that Palp was a Sith lord-- he couldn't have been given a better excuse to go and take him down and take over the Senate.

That is probably a very big part of it big grin
All the jedi were uneasy about Palpatines stay in office. :

~S.L. cool

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 07:20 AM
overlord
OD'd

It all became clear to Windu. Thread closed.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 03:04 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kalsemo

Thread un-closed. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 27th, 2005 04:15 PM