KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » ESB Emperor...ROTJ Anakin...OT Yoda???

ESB Emperor...ROTJ Anakin...OT Yoda???
Started by: EPIIIBITES

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

ESB Emperor...ROTJ Anakin...OT Yoda???

Lucas has been tampering with his precious films bit by bit for a long time now (most substantially since the SE).

The actors who played ESB Emperor and ROTJ Anakin have been ditched...the voice of ESB Boba has been replaced...and the list goes on.

So who's next on the chopping block...Frank Oz?

What's stopping Lucas from going back and digitizing OT Yoda? (like he's done in TPM)

Comments...

Last edited by EPIIIBITES on Apr 3rd, 2006 at 01:21 AM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 01:16 AM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I liked the Palpatine change, but I hate the ROTJ Anakin ghost. It annoys me, Anakin should not look like that. Both Yoda and Obi look like they did (age wise) when they died, Anakin should look like an older man, not a 22 year old with long hair.

And on your Yoda note, I've heard that Lucas intendeds (Eventually) to release TPM as well as redo the OT with Digital Yoda. I hope he does, the CG Yoda is far better. At the very least he should make TPM Yoda CG so that the PT Yoda is all the same. But I still think he should do it with the ESB and ROTJ Yoda.

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 01:51 AM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cascador

Out of respect for Frank Oz he won't make Yoda digital in the OT, but he will make him digital in the Phantom Menace thats for sure...(doll looked terrible anyway). There's no need to change him, cause there were no saberfights in the OT...I think why they especially want to make him digital in TPM is because he looks nothing like Yoda. He looks even older than Yoda. I didn't mind the emperor being ditched in ESB...afteral its strange that they are played by two different people (three actually) altho the woman and the guy who did the voice gave an excellent performance, it has my respect, but it still stays strange. Young Anakin in the OT...for some reason it makes sense...for some reason it doesn't. I have given the explenation a hundred times...I'm not gonna do it again, cause I bet it's not gonna change your opinion that it bugs you anyway.

"The greatest hero is the one who learns to face his fears and overconquers it!"

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 01:51 AM
Click here to Send Cascador a Private Message Find more posts by Cascador Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I hope he does, the CG Yoda is far better.

....ummmm.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 01:57 AM
Click here to Send EPIIIBITES a Private Message Find more posts by EPIIIBITES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chinabing

Another pointless OT thread? TPM puppet looks great.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 02:02 AM
Click here to Send chinabing a Private Message Find more posts by chinabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sesse
Jedi Ghost

Dumping Sebastian was a terrible mistake.

(please log in to view the image)
Here he looks happy and grateful in this scene but the new Anakin looks just like Hayden Christensen who smiles due to his payment earned from a 3 minute long posing gig! Shame on thee Gorge Locust...

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 02:05 AM
Click here to Send Sesse a Private Message Find more posts by Sesse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Originally posted by chinabing
Another pointless OT thread?

Ive come to the conclusion that he's trying to singlehandedly trying to revive this section. laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 02:08 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

I'm glad they replaced the old man with hayden, it mark's the death of anakin at his young age, darth vader is the one who lived the next 20 something odd years, until his death.

it would make sense that when you acheive the enlightment or whatever they call it when they become spirits, that anakin would be young, when he truly died.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 02:50 AM
Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EPIIIBITES
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought I'd put it in this forum 'cause it has to do with what Lucas did to Yoda in TPM...and if he'll do it again. There's still the 6 movie box set to come out...

(I hope it comes in the form of a big death star!)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 02:58 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I liked the Palpatine change, but I hate the ROTJ Anakin ghost. It annoys me, Anakin should not look like that. Both Yoda and Obi look like they did (age wise) when they died, Anakin should look like an older man, not a 22 year old with long hair.

And on your Yoda note, I've heard that Lucas intendeds (Eventually) to release TPM as well as redo the OT with Digital Yoda. I hope he does, the CG Yoda is far better. At the very least he should make TPM Yoda CG so that the PT Yoda is all the same. But I still think he should do it with the ESB and ROTJ Yoda.
Ditto.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 03:47 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jainasolo55

Originally posted by Thorinn
I'm glad they replaced the old man with hayden, it mark's the death of anakin at his young age, darth vader is the one who lived the next 20 something odd years, until his death.

it would make sense that when you acheive the enlightment or whatever they call it when they become spirits, that anakin would be young, when he truly died.

i agree yes

Last edited by jainasolo55 on Apr 3rd, 2006 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 06:57 PM
Click here to Send jainasolo55 a Private Message Find more posts by jainasolo55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jainasolo55

the only thing that really bothered me was the boba fett voice change he sounded so cool! err that pisses me off so bad! mad

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 07:01 PM
Click here to Send jainasolo55 a Private Message Find more posts by jainasolo55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Why does this bother people. He had what 2 lines? I just dont get this type of nitpicking. no expression

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:27 PM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

The Anakin change was fine, better to have him "die" in ROTS than to replace him with a random old chubby man.

The Fett voice change didn't bother me either...i like Morrison's voice much better.

As far a changing OT yoda to digital? I doubt that. I think it would mess too much with scene to have a blatantly digital yoda in a real background. Puppet yoda fits fine in his swamp and CG yoda is great in teh Prequels...however! I bet that TPM yoda will be replaced with ROTS yoda. I hate that TPM puppet...It barely looks like yoda.

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2006 08:34 PM
Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Swirly Girl
Antediluvian

WTF? Hayden looks like some sex crazed paedophile, whilst Sebastien Shaw actually looks like a kindly old man...

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 05:57 PM
Click here to Send Swirly Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Swirly Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thetruepower

What have people got against Hayden?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 06:14 PM
Click here to Send thetruepower a Private Message Find more posts by thetruepower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Oh please don't get them started. And I really wish people would learn to spell the word pedophile considering how much it gets tossed around on this forum.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 06:19 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

its spelled 'paedophile' as well as 'pedophile'

i dont see the connection with hayden though. nothing about that scene said "i want to touch children". as for me, i got more of a stoned slacker vibe from hayden. notice he only really looks at luke for like 1 second and then he's just staring off into nothing. "wooooooow....far out man...do you think they can tell i'm stoned?"

Last edited by PVS on Apr 4th, 2006 at 06:37 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 06:31 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~JP~
yeah baby

Edit: Oh wait, I dont really care anyway laughing out loud

Last edited by ~JP~ on Apr 4th, 2006 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 06:54 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

the time has come. execute order 420

[edit]

Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Edit: Oh wait, I dont really care anyway laughing out loud

dont care about what?

Last edited by PVS on Apr 4th, 2006 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2006 07:13 PM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote