KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Maul and Yoda same fighting style?

Maul and Yoda same fighting style?
Started by: Soda

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soda

Maul and Yoda same fighting style?

I noticed they do the same kind of butterfly flips etc, is it possible they practice a similar martial arts style?

Old Post May 6th, 2005 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Soda a Private Message Find more posts by Soda Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gannon
Mild Mannered

Maul flips like 3 times. Yoda flips during the entire dual.
I spose its possible though.erm

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post May 6th, 2005 02:03 AM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkDethbringer
Kakow how you like me now

Maybe if so interesting!

well for now at least,

I'm unsure if i will stay for too long

Old Post May 6th, 2005 04:17 AM
Click here to Send DarkDethbringer a Private Message Find more posts by DarkDethbringer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheElectricFox
The Assasin at Mach

Yoda is form IV, same as Qui-Gon

Maul fights the sith way, which looks somewhat like jedi form VII(windu)

How to fix gas prices?? Roll into Saudi Arabia and just take it from them!! We are the **** united states of AMERICA!!

Old Post May 6th, 2005 07:05 AM
Click here to Send TheElectricFox a Private Message Find more posts by TheElectricFox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

well technically "the forms" are not ever really mentioned in the movies, so its not concrete that yoda and qui-gon used the same form. EU says that maul uses the same form as Windu however..

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post May 6th, 2005 07:39 PM
Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

The guy who does the choreography for the battles made up the forms, based on swordplay from the movies. Is he EU?

Old Post May 7th, 2005 01:57 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheElectricFox
The Assasin at Mach

Uhhh... the forms are canon as they appear in official SW related material, ie... the visual dictionary, not some gay EU novel.

Jeeze everone needs a lesson on what is and isnt canon!!!

NO nick galliard is not EU and the forms he made up became the ones like Soresu(III), Makashi(II), Shein (V), and Ataru(IV). In episode 1 we were unaware of the forms. In episode 2 we were made aware that different jedi use different forms of saber combat. We had Roman numerals telling us the names, and in Episode 3 the forms got formal names all from the visual dictionary, which if im not mistaken is as canon as they come.

How to fix gas prices?? Roll into Saudi Arabia and just take it from them!! We are the **** united states of AMERICA!!

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:40 AM
Click here to Send TheElectricFox a Private Message Find more posts by TheElectricFox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Yeah, exactly.

Old Post May 7th, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

maul actually fights with teras kasi. there is a starwars ps1 game with same name

Old Post May 7th, 2005 02:06 PM
Click here to Send MYSTICAL BEING a Private Message Find more posts by MYSTICAL BEING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Maul and Yoda are both masters of the Whup-Ass fighting style.

Old Post May 8th, 2005 03:03 AM
Sodo

Yoda's fighting style is fueled by the Force. Maul's is a mix of Teras-Kasi and a double-bladed lightsaber, which will add more spins and less stances because of that slim chance of self-destruction. Maul's looks a bit more complicated while Yoda's fits him perfectly.

- Al Gore

Old Post May 12th, 2005 03:02 AM
Click here to Send Sodo a Private Message Find more posts by Sodo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheElectricFox
Uhhh... the forms are canon as they appear in official SW related material, ie... the visual dictionary, not some gay EU novel.

Well YOU certainly need such a lesson- the Visual Dictionary is EU!

And the forms might or might not be something that Nick developed in order to help his choreography- though I am not convinced that the forms the EU talk of are the same things that he has developed, especially with all this relative talk of 'levels', but that's still irrelevant, because the forms, their histories and their nuances, as described in the EU novels, are all entirely non-canon.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post May 12th, 2005 07:27 AM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Visual Dictionaries are on par with movie novelisations and radio plays based on the movies. They are considered canon. Or so I was lead to believe.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 03:14 AM
Slay
Skyhighatrist

How come Yoda makes flips and jumps and shit.But can't walk without his walking stick?

Old Post May 14th, 2005 11:15 AM
Click here to Send Slay a Private Message Find more posts by Slay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Because he can't walk... He can jump but he has problems with his right leg so he needs a stick to walk... When he jumps he only uses his left foot

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post May 14th, 2005 11:38 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chilled monkey

To answer the question, no, they don't use the same fighting style. However both are highly agile so both implement that when they fight.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 04:33 PM
Click here to Send chilled monkey a Private Message Find more posts by chilled monkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuk es't
Restricted

Account Restricted

They fight different
cuz Darth Maul fights Vaapad
And only him,mace windu and depa billaba

Old Post May 15th, 2005 05:25 PM
Click here to Send wuk es't a Private Message Find more posts by wuk es't Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

If it isn't in the movies, its not canon.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 08:56 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
green dude

they are different like Sodo said one uses complicated way of fighting Yoda uses force in moves and attacks/defence. They are different they both masters they are not like Siths they learn from each and work to gether more team players. Siths are more Solo work alone no partners or team just find what they need to know or learn and kill their masters. stick out tongue Jedi way so much nicer you live longer :/

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 04:52 PM
Click here to Send green dude a Private Message Find more posts by green dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MYSTICAL BEING
The Paladin Ninja

maul- teras kasi
yoda-ataru

its as simple as that

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 05:07 PM
Click here to Send MYSTICAL BEING a Private Message Find more posts by MYSTICAL BEING Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote