KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Shadows Unleashed

Shadows Unleashed
Started by: ESB - 1138

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Shadows Unleashed

A brief history:

The Golden Ages was the first age of Igros. Then the world was a barren wasteland where demons roamed freely. Down from heaven came the Order of the Avalon and they did gaze at the demons. Llunna, Avalon of the Heavens and Chief Avalon, turned to his brothers and sisters and said to them, 'behold Igros and all its chaos. I ask thee is this where the fate of man shall live? Come now and assist me to bring order and justice to this unjust land.'
Qullkin, Avalon of Fire and the Fore, stepped forward and said to his elder brother, 'the darkest shadows lie in the west. To banish it completely Llunna we shall need a weapon of pure light that can cast away the evil.'
Llunna then turned to one of his three sisters Lunias, Avalon of the Heart and Soul, and said to her, 'to forge such a weapon we will need all the powers of the Order of the Avalon.'
'We shall aid thee Llunna,' Lunias replied. The seven Avalon then formed a circle and behold they did in fact create a sword. The hilt was greater then any other that would be made. The blade was white and it was named the Celestial Sword.

Male Avalon
Llunna: Chief Avalon and Avalon of the heavens
Qullkin: Avalon of fire and forge
Diablen: Avalon of the Dead
Monthor: Avalon of the Shadows
Female Avalon
Lunias: Avalon of the heart and soul
Angllia: Avalon of the ocean
Melkey: Avalon of life

Qullkin took the Celestial Sword and placed a spell over it so when in the hands of the Chosen of Celestial the blade shines gold. Qullkin placed the sword in a pedestal and Anglli, Avalon of the ocean, and Melkey, Avalon of life, built a might temple around it and named it the Temple of the Avalon and made three pendants as the only way into the temple.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 02:22 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

And so it came to pass that Serrago was filled with anger and rage and hatred for the Order of the Avalon for they wanted to destroy the control Serrago had on Igros. Serrago went to Angllia, the Avalon of the ocean, and said to her, 'Angllia I know that you have in your grasp a pendant to the Temple of the Avalon. Hand it to me and all shall be spared.'

'I shall do no such thing Serrago,' Angllia replied. At with that Serrago beheaded her and took the pendant and ate it. The pendant was then fused with his heart and gave Serrago power over all. Monthor, Avalon of the shadows, and Diablen, Avalon of the dead, learned of this and when they witnissed the power Serrago unleashed the two ate the remaining pendants and became servants for the dark Lord. With two Avalo in his command Serrago sent forth demons to destroy the Temple of the Avalon but Qullkin and Melkey with the angels of Avalon defeated the army of demons beginning the thousand year war, the Angelic-Demonic War.

Finally it came to pass that Qullkin forged lesser swords from blue cielo crystals that were vitrually unbreakable and can cut through almost anything. Qullkin, along with the powers of Llunna, then brought forth five beings and gave them the cielo sabers and they became the paladin sages. They were given great powers and with those five the rule of Serrago over Igros was ending.

Llunna went to Darkice and faced down Serrago whose power surpassed Llunna's. Diablen and Monthor assisted Serrago but if not for the timely arrival of Qullkin, Lunias, and Melkey Llunna would have been slain. Lunias and Melkey slew Monthor and retrieved the pendant from his heart. Qullkin slew Diablen and took the pendant from his heart but died in the process. Llunna threw Serrago and chains and took from Serrago's heart the last pendant while Serrago still lived and with that Llunna threw Serrago into the Black Hole in Mount Vovlian. The Gold Ages ended with the downfall of Serrago.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 07:00 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The Silver Ages came to be with the first catlons appearing in the Grand Forest. Catlons resemble human women but they have cat like ears and cat like tails. The catlons were created from the image of Lunias who was said to be the fairest being ever. The catlons did live peacefully in the Grand Forest and east of that Llunna created the race of man. Llunna gave man something catlons or any other race had and that would be their strong will and determination. Man built the city Trece on the eastern banks of the Getian River.

Far in the west the dark grip of Serrago effected the five paladin sages as they built the Paladin Temple in Ethian and one by one they fell into shadow and darkness. With those five the dark Lord's reign existed and with them came the dai-orks. They resemble human man but more massive, dark green in color, yellow sharp teeth, and red piercing eyes. The dai-orks were all filled with anger and rage and wished to lay ruin to the Grand Forest.

And it did come to pass and so the dai-orks attacked the Grand Forest in the year 220 of the Silver Ages and they attacked without mercy for they knew none. The ancient catlons, that resembled more of a panther at the time, fought back but after seven years of fighting the ancient catlons were defeated. Some were kidnapped by the dai-orks and bred with them to give birth to a new race called the forrtu catlons. Their teeth are sharp and their skin is darker then the ancient catlons and they were given the rage of the dai-orks.

The remaining ancient catlons fled east to Trece and lived with the race of man for a time being. From men came the woodrow catlons or catlons for they are the modern catlons today and the race with larger numbers. The woodrow catlons existed along side man for nearly three hundred years until finally they departed east and started to live in the woods like the ancient catlon race but some catlons did stay with men.

Together the dai-orks and forrtu catlons attacked Trece but the alliance of men and catlons together pushed back the foes to the shadowy land of Darkice. For six years man and catlon alike fought in the lands of Darkice until finally the grip of Serrago's was no more and the dai-orks and forrtu catlons left Darkice and fled to different parts of Igros. With that started a new age for man for the shadows were gone for a time.

Man expanded Trece across the Getian River and even begun to build many more villages. The greatest of which was at the foot of the Mystic Mountains where Gandra was built named after the first king of man King Delphi Gandra. Seven villages were made and they all were one kingdom named Gandriar. Some men went south to build Hyerland since it was high up in the hills. More and more villages were built in the south until finally they refused to be ruled by Gandriar and they became Hyland.

Gandriar attacked Hyland beginning the Igrian Civil War. It was the bravery of the Hylanders that drove out the Gandriar soldiers and won their freedom. In the west the kingdoms of Toran and Maldarian came to be and east came the kingdoms of Uplia and Uplian and Sillow. To the south came Fongon and Grediuum and Bethal. These eight kingdoms had wars with one another countless times and none ever won when attacking.

It wasn't until King Remiul of Gandriar raised the white flag and called forth the kings of the other seven kingdoms. They came to agree with each other that their way was wrong and so they ceased to be eight and became the United Nations of Igros. Now the kingdoms fell and became a republic serving the better good of the people. Over the next twenty years more kingdoms joined the union including Floridan, Illones, Caltor, and even Silici. With the growing force of the union some wanted to leave.

They traveled south along the Getian until passing Silence Woods and built Marton. Marton was owned by the union but more and more people came to Marton and then they built Merrierton where many catlons came out of Silence Woods to wonder about and then to the south they built Mayton.

With all these things the United Nations of Igros lacked a leader and the newly formed senate demanded one. So they elected their first president Robert E. Lee who was a strong and wise military leader. Lee kept the peace of the union with compromises and even settled terrible conflicts between man and catlon peacefully and without war. And so ended the Silver Ages after three thousand years of advancement and begun the Bronze Age.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 07:54 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

The Bronze Age started when the three villages; Marton, Mayton, and Merrierton demanded to be its own nation. Gandriar refused and so begun the Gandriar-Gravince War which ended when the king of Gandriar finally saw the determination they had and declared them a free nation. Gravince did not join the union until the year 118 which was over a hundred years later.

With the growing force of the Paladin Temple at Ethian and now dozens of trained paladins the union is safer with their great task force. Some consider the paladins as a threat to inforce order and stop rebellion while other see them as the warriors of truth and justice. It is the year 215 of the Bronze Age at the moment and peace has faded from Igros as more and more dai-orks and belves, they resemble wolves but the size of bears and have black or brown fur, continue to raid villages and attack the catlons in the forest.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is the end of the brief history (prolong to some). So with all said and done I have but one question:

1.) What do you think the story is going to be about?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 09:49 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

SHADOWS UNLEASHED being the first part of:
THE JUDGMENT OF CELESTIAL

Book I of The Judgment of Celestial:
Shadows Unleashed

Chapter I
The Land of Gravince

If you go just south of the grand nation of Gandriar pass Silence Woods you will arrive at a small nation with vast hills as far as the eye can see. Everyday here is peacefully and calm for this land has no wars for it is protected on all sides by the greatest nations and their allies. Some can say this nation is a heaven on earth but that is far from the truth.

Much of the land is used to farm and raise cattle for food for the people of this nation and other nations. This is Gravince. On the northern border of Gravince is Silence Woods where the catlons and kiltons roam. On the western border is the Getian River the widest river in the world of Igros and east of the river is the powerful nation of Hyland. On the southern border of Gravince is the Licit Woods where legend says a witch dwells there.

Gravince has only three small villages. Mayton is located just west of the Getian River and just a little north of Licit Woods. Mayton grows the most crops out of all three villages producing enough crops for all of Gravince to have and then some. Not too many people ever go to Mayton for it has nothing special about it and no one wants to go such a journey for nothing.

Located just south of Silence Woods is Merrierton. The cattle village as many call it for Merrierton has more cattle then the other two villages combined. Merrierton gets a lot more visitors then Mayton but only because most of the visitors are the catlons wanting to keep in touch with the race of man.

Located on the eastern border of Gravince is Marton the largest village in Gravince with the most population. Marton holds every year the Festival of the Moon to celebrate the independence of Gravince from Uplia. Marton also has the strongest militia and is home to Mayor John Quiin who has been in office now of Gravince for over a decade.

South of Mayton an old man wonders towards the large hill of Elisha. The old man is wrapped in a blue robe which is fastened at the waist by a brown belt. The sun is bright but a large brown pointy hat shades his face. All you could see of his face’s features is the tip of his nose and his grey beard. He pushed most of his weight on his staff as he walked. The staff was long and reached his chin. He circled the hill and came to the stairs that led up to the house in the northeast. A small wooden fence surrounded the house and a small stream circled the western part of the hill.

From the porch of the house you could see most of Mayton. A vast village that is far and wide with farmlands here and their. Children ran freely in the village playing games and singing songs of old. The old man reached the large green door and two windows sat on both sides of the door. Their curtains were drawn so you could no see inside. Three chairs sat on the porch with a small footstool. The old man used his staff and softly hit the door three times.

‘Who is it?’ a voice shouted from inside. The voice was soft but deep with a sort of parrot sound. The old man smiled for he knew the voice well. The voice came out again, ‘I said “who is it?”’

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 10:19 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

‘Tis an old friend’ the old man said. A noise came from behind the door like someone unlocking it.

‘Galatians’ a man said. White hair covered his head but he had smooth and fair skin with bushy eyebrows. He was wearing a blue jacket and blue pants with a red shirt. He smiled and continued, ‘come in, come in.’

‘Elisha we meet again’ Galatians said steeping in. A round table was in front of him with a fireplace behind it. Four chairs circled the table with maps and books on it. A bookshelf sat on the wall next to an open pathway. Candles were lit and you could see the kitchen behind the pathway next to the fireplace.

‘Is it the fourth already?’ Elisha questioned heading into the kitchen. A teapot sat over a fire with a small line of smoke coming out of the stout. A long table sat in front of the fire with some cheese sitting on it. Galatians removed his hat and placed it on a rack in the kitchen and then laid his staff along the wall. He sat down on the closes chair too him.

‘It is but the third’ Galatians said, ‘but I made great timing this year and you don’t think I would miss the Festival of the Moon now would you?’

‘You love the festival’ Elisha said pouring two cups of tea and handing one to Galatians. Pots were everywhere and so were plates and cups. Elisha sat down in front of the table, ‘come now. Tell me of your adventures.’

‘Not now’ Galatians said, ‘for once I tell you I will also have to tell your son and Marth’s daughter. Let’s wait for them to come and then I will be more then happy to tail you everything.’

‘Very well’ Elisha said, ‘I wonder where those two are. I haven’t seen them since morning and it is almost dinner time.’

‘Those kids have too much of their fathers in them’ Galatians spoke merrily, ‘they will be fine. I can tell that they will do something someday worth tailing about for years to come just like the young lads Elisha and Marth who traveled east over many perils.’

Elisha sat silently for a moment in deep thought and then said, ‘you will look after them? I shall not return to see them or look after them.’
‘I will’ Galatians said, ‘as often as I can. If that will be days, weeks, months, or years I will look after them.’

‘Good’ Elisha said, ‘I shall leave everything in Brittany’s name and leave behind my greatest treasures to Elijah. Everything will go to them expect a few items I will carry with me in the east or maybe west. I haven’t decided if I want to see places I haven’t seen in awhile or never been.’

‘Your maps and your book will go along with you as well as some gold and of course cloths?’ Galatians asked.

‘Of course. And my pendent’ Elisha said with a finger in his pocket.

‘Pendent?’ Galatians asked, ‘through all my long years of knowing you I have never seen you with a pendent. When did you get it?’

‘A long time ago’ Elisha said, ‘a very long time ago. I can’t remember exactly where I got it but I remember it was nearly fifty years ago I got the pendent…or found it. I can’t remember.’

‘Strange’ Galatians said, ‘you remember the littlest details of are adventures but you can’t remember where you got a pendent. Maybe a good night rest will refresh your memory. You shall stay for the festival won’t you?’

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 10:21 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

‘Of course’ Elisha said, ‘I wouldn’t miss it for the world. For I shall miss the festival and all of its lights but I shall not miss it as much as my Elijah and Brittany.’

‘Then we wouldn’t mind showing me this pendent of yours?’ Galatians asked.

‘I don’t mind at all’ Elisha said pulling out a blue sphere with a yellow metal outline with strange writing that spilt and formed a cross. In the middle of the cross sat a red sphere. Galatians gazed on it and say the writing:

Mnbuu bexugl me fguimu ere, i mexug me bgemufum eru, ir irkuv me koigh eru, mnu burhurm ej urhvull, mnu burhurm ej lmugrkmn, mnu burhurm mnum fir’m clu lmebbuh irh am al fivvuh Fuvulmaiv

And Galatians looked upon the eyes of Elisha and said, ‘do you know what these markings mean?’

‘Nay’ Elisha responded.

‘It would be best to leave the amulet here with Elijah as an heirloom’ Galatians said, ‘a family treasure even to pass down to the next child.’
‘An heirloom?’ Elisha said to himself, ‘wonderful idea Galatians. I will leave it for Elijah to give to his son some day.’

The door opened and a fair lady and young lad entered. The boy had long hair that passed his eyes but it curled a little to stay above his brows. His eyes were blue and we like gazing into the ocean at sunset and over his left eye was a burnt mark in the shape of a cross. The lady had long light brown hair that reached down into her back’s middle. Her eyes were brown like brake off an oak tree. Elisha stood and walked to them.

‘My boy Elijah’ he said, ‘and Brittany. About time you returned for Galatians the Wise is here a little earlier then usual.’

‘Galatians!’ the two shouted as he appeared in the doorway.

‘You have come early’ Brittany said hugging the old man. Galatians smiled and gave a hug to Elijah that stood a little above his waist.

‘My lad, you’re grown’ Galatians said to Elijah then turned to Brittany, ‘and you have too grown like a flower. The men of the village must be after you this way and that.’

‘No’ Brittany said, ‘they are busy with work and choirs and I find no time to have free time with helping at the church and watching Elijah. But I am only but sixteen and I have an entire life ahead of me to do as I please.’

‘That you do’ Galatians said.

‘Now’ Elisha said, ‘now will you tale us your tale of your adventures over the year. I know that you have done nothing of boredom and will keep us entertain for a good long while but come. Let us go back into the kitchen for tea and cheese. Everyone loves cheese. I have a most excellent cheese today. Swiss Cheese and it is the best Swiss you have ever tasted if I do say so myself.’

‘You never say anything of boredom’ Brittany said, ‘and I do hope that your adventure is good and long for I have time to spare before heading out for Marton for the Festival of the Moon tomorrow.’

‘Gather around’ Galatians said sitting back down in the same chair. Brittany sat next to him and Elijah sat down next to Elisha, ‘when I left you a year ago I traveled east heading along the borders of Uplia the fair kingdom of vast forests. I traveled directly east for forty days. I met Philemon the Strong along those forty days who was in Uplia to settle a debate in the kingdom so the people could live happily once again. Philemon asked me to go with him so I did.’

Old Post Jan 26th, 2006 11:16 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

‘Philemon wears what I wear but he has red instead of blue. We came to the kingdom of Uplia, a strong kingdom but no where near the strength of Gandriar and Hyland. The king welcomed us and the debate begun. The king argued and yelled “we came to these lands to assist Gandriar from foes and keep them safe in the eastern border” and another man…the steward yelled “but Gandriar has done nothing for us. Why should we hold the alliance in longer?” and I could easily see the problem here.’

‘Philemon spoke in a loud clear voice “to break the alliance with Gandriar will give them an excuse to declare war on Uplia and will lay siege to your villages and castle” and I thought that would do it. But the steward had other issues and I could tell it would be a long debate. For five days we argued until finally we came to an agreement.’

‘We decided to hold the treaty for Gandriar is a grand ally to have and I bid Philemon farewell and I continued heading east. My quest was delayed but I cared not. Alas I came to the River of Basra in the eastern border of Uplia. Out of the waters rose the mighty beast, Salamandrian. A huge snake like monster with four large tentacles. It guarded the bridge and would not let me pass without slaying the beast.’

‘I held my staff out and waited for it to strike. It attacked first with its tentacles but I drained them of their strength and forced it to surface out of the sea. It tried to strike me but I released a mighty wave of lighting on the beast and it was slain like I knew it would be. The corpse fell into the river and I crossed the bridge.’

‘I headed northeast after crossing the bridge and came to the Fiery Mountains where the Dragons dwell. Shun, the Dragon King greeted me for we were old friends and even Elisha met them fifty years ago. The dragons are now too few but they are still a powerful foe and they have the greatest caves you ever seen. We feasted and cheered and talked about adventures both new and old and after three days I departed and continued east.’

‘After traveling for a long time at this point four months I knew that something was troubling. I headed south and entered the Wery Swamps and their it was. Dressed in a black hood and red glowing eyes and cried out. With a long piercing sword it approached me. I released a force of energy and pushed it back into the swamp for I sensed nothing but shadow and despair emitting out of this creature.’

‘I have never seen anything like this creature for it stood up without a mark. I hit it directly with lighting but it barely phased it. Finally it charged after me but I summoned for an aura of light which drove it away. The creature fled south fearing for its life and I haven’t seen it since. By that time nearly six months have passed so I returned to Mayton and here I am.’

‘You encountered a Salamandrian Galatians?’ Brittany asked in amazement.

‘Aye’ Galatians said, ‘and killed it.’

‘Cool’ Elijah said, ‘I wish I could have seen it. You must have been really strong to defeat a Salamandrian. But what of this black creature your drove out?’

‘I know nothing of it’ Galatians replied, ‘but that is the last I will see of it, hopefully. Now come now, it is dinner time and I am very hungry.’

‘Oh yeah’ Brittany said walking over to the stove and pulled off a pot. She grabbed four bowls and poured into them stew. Brittany handed everyone a bowl with one for herself. Elisha blessed the food and they ate. Bread and cheese was also on the table for them to eat. Elisha poured them more tea and kept the teapot on the table. Brittany finally said, ‘how long are you here for Galatians?’

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 01:52 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

‘Until the festival is over’ Galatians said, ‘and then I must travel south and continue my research of the lands.’

Everyone finished eating and went outside to the porch and sat. Elijah sat on Brittany’s lap to give Galatians a seat. The sun was setting in the west but they were looking in the east. Elisha said, ‘so Brittany, were where you two today?’

‘Out in the town’ Brittany said rocking back and forth, ‘doing errands for the church and making sure Elijah wasn’t in trouble. I don’t know why the kids don’t like him. He has a few friends.’

‘They are jealous’ Elisha said, ‘jealous because their fathers haven’t done anything great throughout their fifty years of living and I done something great in my fist decade. You need not worry about them Elijah.’

‘I won’t’ Elijah said. Elijah sat silent on Brittany’s lap and fell asleep. His head was leaned against her breast and Brittany placed the side of her head on the top of his. Brittany muttered a soft song where only Elijah could hear it.

Galatians looked at the village as people went to and fro heading home to rest at last. The village fell silent as the children stopped playing for the day became night. Elisha enjoyed these peaceful moments very much and smiled with his eyes closed enjoying the silent air. Brittany stood up holding Elijah in her arms.

‘We’re off to bed’ Brittany said, ‘good-night Elisha and Mr. Galatians. May the night bring peaceful and lovely dreams.’

‘Same to you’ Galatians said. Brittany took Elijah into their room. Their room was to the right as you entered. One large bed sat on the corner wall and Brittany laid Elijah on the side closest to the wall. She took off her green dress and slipped into a blue night gown. With that she laid down next to Elijah and fell asleep.

Galatians and Elisha sat outside for an hour or two before turning in for the night. Galatians rested in the guess room in the northern part of the house located next to Elisha’s. Morning came over the land of Gravince. No shop was opened and none were planned to be opened. Many people left their homes at the first sign of the sun and headed off for Marton in the east.

Elijah was the last to wake up and found that Brittany, as usual, picked up his outfit for the festival. Galatians was outside on the porch watching the sunrise that he loves so much. Elisha joined him a little after breakfast and the two talked with one another. Elijah dressed in the white shirt and brown pants Brittany laid out for him and she wore a white shirt with a red dress. It came to her ankles and she wore brown boots.

‘Elijah!’ Brittany shouted putting up the plates, ‘are you ready to go?’
Elijah emerged out of his room and said, ‘I guess so.’ Then the two left the house and joined Elisha and Galatians. Galatians stood and smiled at the two. Elisha was fixed looking to the north for a faint sound like a horn echoed over the hills.

Elisha came too and stood up. Elisha wasn’t a tall fellow only coming to the chest of Galatians and to Brittany’s eyes. Elijah stood up to his father’s chest. Elisha flung unto his back a bag with food and clothes. Galatians grabbed his hat from the chair and put it on and grabbed his staff.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 04:56 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

‘Come’ Galatians said, ‘we have to make are way to find a good inn.’ And with that they traveled onward heading east to Marton. Galatians led the group down the hill and through the town. People were still getting up and some were doing a bit of work in the house and in the garden.

The road curved to the left and then to the right as the marched through the hills. The roads were made as to never go up a hill expect for leading to a house. A dog was asleep under a bench the group passed. A golden retriever with a reddish look in his fur. Birds flew overhead as the sun crept higher and higher into the sky.

A sweet aroma rose of pleasant smells like those found in roses. Brittany had a rose in her hair just above her left ear. She had to hold Elijah’s hand every now and again for he tried to run off. Up ahead in a small but nice house, a rather large man walked out with his son that looked a bit older then Elijah but looked very much like him with the expectation of the hair.

‘David Wellow’ Elisha said, ‘my dear cousin. How goes the harvest this year? I hope for only plentiful amounts of your famous carrots that I do love so much. Tell me when you put a fresh batch on sell for I have the need to buy some.’

‘Elisha Diadem’ David said, ‘my dear cousin. The harvest is well and I will sell my most famous carrots as you put it on sell next week on Wednesday perhaps. I see Galatians the Wise has returned. I can’t wait to here your tales for they always keep my son and I entertained.’

‘As they do everyone’ Galatians said, ‘but my tales are no where near as good as tales that Solomon the Wise will tale you.’

‘Solomon?’ David asked, ‘you’ll say more in Marton I guess. Brittany, I see that you have had a nice time yesterday with the church and watching my boy and Elijah. I hope he wasn’t too much of a handful.’
‘Nay’ Brittany said, ‘boys will be boys. I find that Elijah is more of a handful then Sheldon for Elijah is more outgoing while Sheldon thinks ahead and decides the best action of play.’

‘Sounds like their fathers’ Galatians said.

‘Come’ Elisha said, ‘we should get going.’ With that they continued leaving the village. A group of children ran in front of them chanting and shouting ‘Galatians! Galatians!’ and finally the sage sat down on a bench.

‘Children’ he said, ‘what is the meaning of this? I am heading for Marton for the Festival of the Moon I so enjoy and yet you can’t wait until tonight to here some tales of far away adventures?’
‘But Galatians’ a child said.

‘But nothing’ Galatians responded, ‘you will have to wait until tonight like good children. Now run back to your parents.’ The kids lower their heads and begin to walk off, ‘alright. You get one story for we have along time to spare.’

The kids cheer and sit down in front of Galatians. Elijah and Sheldon join the kids on the ground and Brittany, Elisha, and David sit down on the bench with Galatians.

‘Now then’ Galatians said. ‘Which story shall I tale…I know. The tale of Mark and the Golden Jewel. Long ago in the far south lived a terrible king. This king ruled Fargo with a terrible and cruel leadership that made the people suffer well. Finally a young man named Mark opposed the king and ran from the kingdom and searched the land for freedom. Finally after many months of searching, Mark came across a Golden Jewel that would grant his deepest wish. He thought long and hard on what the wish should be and then finally it hit him. Mark wished that Fargo’s king died and someone worthy of the crown was throne. The people celebrated and do you know who they crowned? They crowned Mark for it was his doing that the wicked king died.’

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 06:01 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

‘Now go back to your parents’ Galatians said and with that the kids ran off. Galatians sat silent for a moment in deep thought and finally he stood and said, ‘come, we have a long ways to go till Marton.’

With that Galatians and the rest stood to their feet and continued to head off to Marton. Elisha looked far north again for he swore that he heard faint horns over the hills but no one else could. Brittany, after a moment or two, heard the horns approaching them and then everyone heard the sound of horns and horses.

Up ahead another road joins the road Galatians and the group are traveling down. A stone road with a road sign that says: Kambo. Twelve men mounted on horses came down the road and stopped a little in front of Galatians. These were tall and strong men equipped in blue and silver chain. They had shields on their backs with a white eagle on it. The horses were bigger and stronger then the horses found in Gravince.

‘We seek Galatians’ the lead knight said. The one to his left bore a blue banner with a white eagle on it. The lead knight had long hair that curled a little with a rough beard. He looked at Brittany and then to Elijah and then to Elisha, ‘where is the sage?’

‘I am he’ Galatians said. ‘What business do you have with me for I am on my way to Marton to enjoy merriment and peace with the good people of Gravince. I ask you, what business do you have with me?’

‘We traveled far from the kingdom of Gandrair’ the same man said dismounting his horse. He was a bit smaller then Galatians and a bit taller then David but towered over the rest, ‘I have news for you from Ethian, home of Solomon the Wise.’

‘Solomon?’ Galatians asked, ‘what news could possibly be that needs some knights of Gandriar to deliver this news. Come what is your name and what is this news?’

‘I am Joran son of Delphi’ the man said, ‘I come with bearings of ill news for when I left Ethian a few weeks ago strange activity was in the decaying land of Darkice. He sent me to tell the other five sages and have them ready to be called upon anytime.’

‘Then so Joran son of Delphi,’ Galatians said, ‘I will heed your warning and await for Solomon to call upon me and the five sages. But now we have to travel across Gravince to Marton.’

‘Of course’ Joran said placing his right hand on his breast and bowing. He mounted his horse, ‘hopefully we may meet again Galatians the Wise. For rumor says that you are wiser then Solomon.’

‘I hope we meet to’ Galatians said and the knights rode down the road Galatians just walked down. Galatians turned to everyone and waved his hand to and fro telling them to come on. They finally reached the borders of Mayton at high noon. Vast hills covered the lands as far as the eye could see. Large hills and small hills and sometimes hills going into the ground.

Brittany had to, of course, grab Elijah’s hand because the boy always wanted to stop and try to run off somewhere else. Brittany bent over to be eye level with Elijah and said, ‘stop trying to run off. We go through this every time we head someplace.’

Old Post Jan 27th, 2006 08:54 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

‘But I just want to have an adventure like Galatians’ Elijah argued. Brittany rose back up and continued walking. They got a little behind from everyone else but she caught up pretty quickly. They walked for three hours straight and finally Galatians halted on top of a rather large hill.

‘We shall rest up here for lunch’ Galatians said. Brittany was carrying a brown basket and sat it down and allowed Elijah and Sheldon to roam around. Brittany sat up an area for the food and drinks.

Galatians sat down on a tree stomp with his staff with him. He looked deep into Elisha’s pocket which he noticed carried the pendent he found.

David helped Brittany with the food. Such wonderful things to eat like salted pork, sliced ham, crescent rolls Brittany made in the morning, carrots from David’s farm, apples, oranges, bananas, roasted turkey, and for drink was of course tea and water. Galatians ate only ham and carrots and drank tea. Brittany had a little of everything, mostly just one bite of each. David and Elisha feasted on anything that came to close them. Elijah and Sheldon ate only pork, turkey, oranges, and apples. Elijah drank tea and Sheldon had water.

After lunch everyone sat or laid in the sun and rested for a moment and then at last Galatians stood and said, ‘come now. We have awhile to we reach Marton and so we must hurry if we are to find a good inn at the Moonshine Inn.’

‘But of course’ Elisha said and with that they cleaned up and headed off. The day was still bright and shinning and a few birds flew overhead heading north. Elijah loved birds and wished he could someday fly with them. Hour after hour of walking, well two hours and they were at Marton. Banners flew in the sky and the streets were filled in every corner with people of all shapes and sizes.

‘Brittany’ Galatians said, ‘why not take the boys out for a bit of sightseeing why we go get the rooms at Moonshine Inn. We will meet in the town’s square at sunset for that’s when the festival will begin.’

‘Okay’ Brittany said. As usually, she grabbed Elijah’s head and didn’t bother doing the same with Sheldon for he never wonders off. Elijah was always turning his head this way and that. Finally Brittany let go of his hand as they came to a diner that wasn’t too crowded, ‘we’ll have dinner here so we won’t be hungry at the festival.’

Brittany sat down at the counter with Elijah on one end of her and Sheldon on the other. The waiter was a lively fellow with a round belly. A strange mustache that curved up and around his head and he was bold but had a big round red nose.

‘What can I get you three?’ the waiter asked, ‘are special for today is Baked Chicken. A lovely chicken breast with a leg that is juicy and steamy with some vegetables and a drink of your choice.’

‘I’ll have that and a tea’ Brittany said. Elijah and Sheldon got the same but Sheldon wanted water. The waiter gave their orders and came back over to the counter.

‘Did you hear that Jaromor is suppose to come to the festival?’ the waiter asked.

‘Aye’ Brittany said, ‘but it is just a rumor and rumor shouldn’t be trusted all the time for sometimes they will disappoint. I will be glade to see Jaromor for it will be the first time I ever seen a ranger and the count of Merrierton. But alas I really don’t expect him to show.’

Why Brittany was talking, Elijah and Sheldon ran off and into the city. She didn’t realize they were gone till the waiter had their food, ‘oh no! Those little idiots! Wait till I get my hands on Elijah!’

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 01:45 AM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Brittany ran off and searched around the diner for any trace of them. The sun was already starting to set and Brittany wondered the village to find them. Elijah and Sheldon were already on the other side of Marton looking at all the animals and people that entered the village.

‘We shouldn’t have left Brittany’ Sheldon said to Elijah as they walked around town.

‘Don’t worry Sheldon. What’s the worse that could happen?’ Elijah said with his usually comeback. Before they could take another step a hand grabbed each of them by the collar and pulled them towards a rather large fellow. He looked sort of like the waiter from before but had more hair and the mustache was short and he looked older.

‘Mayor John Quiin’ Sheldon said in fear.

‘Why is it that the Diadem boy and Wellow boy are out wondering the village with Brittany?’ the mayor asked, ‘or Galatians? or Elisha? or David?’

Elijah nor Sheldon could respond as he took them to his house on the far eastern side of town. The sun was now setting and was about to vanish from site. The mayor stopped and said, ‘I have to go to the festival so you two are coming along.’

Elijah and Sheldon walked in fear and shame behind the mayor as he approached the town’s square. By the time the mayor arrived the night was dark and lit by a full moon. The people gathered and filled the town’s square with tents and banners and all the sorts that is needed in a festival. In the center of the square sat a large wooden stage in the shape of a circle…
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Post Jan 28th, 2006 04:03 AM