KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Is Dooku really a sith lord?

Is Dooku really a sith lord?
Started by: DucLangur

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DucLangur

This question has probably been asked already, but I don't believe Dooku is really a sith lord. Here is my theory. He is one of the "Lost Twenty", Jedi who had left the order. Dooku was not seduced, but he was convinced that the Senate and the Republic was corrupt, which it was, and that there was no reason to defend it. He was able to use sith lightning, force choke, and he had a crimson colored lightsaber, so what. I belive Dooku was not a sith lord, but a pawn, whose role was to be a substitue for a new apprentice after Darth Maul was slain by Obi-Wan. He is most of the time a leader of the Seperatist Army. He, as well as the Seperatists, were tricked, and Dooku met his unfortunate death by a real sith lord. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. So to sum it up, just because he he can throw Obi around, and shoot a few bolts of lightning out of his hands, doesn't make him a sith lord. He actually follows the ideals of Qui-Gon more than a sith. He left the Jedi Order to break away from corruption, not to be great sith lord, besides the fact that he says"I've become more powerfull than any Jedi, even you!"It doesn't matter. He is a powerful Fallen Jedi/ Seperatist, not a Sith Lord.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 03:46 AM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

alot of what you said is true, about him being the replacement and all.
but he would have had to commit himself to the dark arts compleatly in order to gain the skills of lightning and choke.
however, because he was around for such a short time we didn't get to see him use his full potential as a sith or jedi, also we did not see much of his ability to plan and scheem and the sith do.

but don't forget that in my mind dooku was a dull witted men, he couldn't even see that he was being played by sidious;

meditate on this i will......

Facebook
Cheers starlock, your a champ. wink

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 04:01 AM
Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, of course he's a Sith Lord! They don't call him 'Darth Tyranus' for no reason. For the love of...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 04:14 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Yes, however temporary he was.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/241489

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 04:16 AM
Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

yeah he's like the fill-in darth, much like our fill in pope big grin

Facebook

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 05:30 AM
Click here to Send bogen a Private Message Find more posts by bogen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I don't like the fact that Dooku was thought of as a fill-in. If Anakin was not cut out for apprenticeship as a Sith or refused to turn, Dooku would have stayed on. He's was considerably powerful and a skilled swordsman in his own right.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 05:37 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Captain REX
I don't like the fact that Dooku was thought of as a fill-in. If Anakin was not cut out for apprenticeship as a Sith or refused to turn, Dooku would have stayed on. He's was considerably powerful and a skilled swordsman in his own right.

Even so, he was beaten by Anakin. A Lord with his hands cut off wouldn't do so much damage with a laser sword.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 11:58 AM
Click here to Send DucLangur a Private Message Find more posts by DucLangur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

Well thats where the whole robotic hand thing comes in?

Bravely Calling Actors By Their Second Names

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 01:13 PM
Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ermac_Master
Ninja

Re: Is Dooku really a sith lord?

Originally posted by DucLangur
This question has probably been asked already, but I don't believe Dooku is really a sith lord. Here is my theory. He is one of the "Lost Twenty", Jedi who had left the order. Dooku was not seduced, but he was convinced that the Senate and the Republic was corrupt, which it was, and that there was no reason to defend it. He was able to use sith lightning, force choke, and he had a crimson colored lightsaber, so what. I belive Dooku was not a sith lord, but a pawn, whose role was to be a substitue for a new apprentice after Darth Maul was slain by Obi-Wan. He is most of the time a leader of the Seperatist Army. He, as well as the Seperatists, were tricked, and Dooku met his unfortunate death by a real sith lord. Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. So to sum it up, just because he he can throw Obi around, and shoot a few bolts of lightning out of his hands, doesn't make him a sith lord. He actually follows the ideals of Qui-Gon more than a sith. He left the Jedi Order to break away from corruption, not to be great sith lord, besides the fact that he says"I've become more powerfull than any Jedi, even you!"It doesn't matter. He is a powerful Fallen Jedi/ Seperatist, not a Sith Lord.

But when the Dark Lord of the Sith, calls you... Apprentice....... You are probably a Sith Lord.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 01:38 PM
Click here to Send Ermac_Master a Private Message Find more posts by Ermac_Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wind Sister
Wait, what?

I believe it might not be entirely the fact that Dooku could use the lightning and other force powers, but more his point of view. In the novelization of RotS, Dooku is completely focused on "world domination" all of his views are focused on ruling the Republic, overthrowing Sidious, and building an army of the Sith. Dooku was in and of himself, every particle of his being...a sith lord.
Not everyone need be determined by their abilities stick out tongue

~S.L. cool

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 05:28 PM
Click here to Send Wind Sister a Private Message Find more posts by Wind Sister Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Dooku killed his former chum Syfo and gained the title of sith lord and recieved the honourable name of 'Darth Tyrannus'.

Ha! You all didn't know that, did you?! Muhahah!!

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 06:44 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bogen

who was this guy sifo, was he a master, i hear his name in clone wars.
and dooku was good but he ws too old, palps needed fresh blood, some one who could at least fight decently.

Facebook

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 07:54 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Re: Is Dooku really a sith lord?

Originally posted by DucLangur
How do I say "Duh" without sounding rude?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2006 08:21 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

It was just a thought. I know he was a sith lord, but I think I overlooked the situation. I apoligize for my absolute stupidity.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:23 AM
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

A flaw more and more common among KMC Members these days, even the older, more experienced ones.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:52 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DucLangur

smile

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 01:58 AM
~JP~
yeah baby

^ ^ ^ ^
kick ass sig yes

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:09 AM
Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Well I hate it. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 4th, 2006 06:26 AM
mtryder

It's an interesting thought, though, with a kernel of truth I figure. When Dooku first left, I would like to believe that it was a sincere move on his part to leave behind the ineffective bureaucracy and possible corruption of the Jedi Order in order to seek his own destiny. Along the way, however, he was clearly seduced to the Dark Side.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 06:54 AM
Click here to Send mtryder a Private Message Find more posts by mtryder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So we noticed. wink

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 07:24 AM