KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » robert garcia vs. ken masters

who would win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Robert Garcia 3 27.27%
Ken masters 8 72.73%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

robert garcia vs. ken masters
Started by: EkinEku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EkinEku

robert garcia vs. ken masters

Here it is 2 legendary side kicks both rich, both kick ass, who is taking it? i put my money on robert

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 07:14 AM
EkinEku is currently offline Click here to Send EkinEku a Private Message Find more posts by EkinEku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drunk_of_Fury
Mangekyou Sharingan

Robert take this easy he has longer legs and better kicks!!!!!!

Youth,Power,Explode!!!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:18 AM
Drunk_of_Fury is currently offline Click here to Send Drunk_of_Fury a Private Message Find more posts by Drunk_of_Fury Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Yup.. robert.. his KoF 97 dragon blast punch pulsates in front of him.. so its an awesome defensive/offensive move

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 04:12 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

WTF? robert is weak as hell. Ken Master's is a top figther. Robert on the other hand has been said to be one of the weakest fighters in KOF. Ken would pound Robert to dust.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 06:30 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

hmm.. I find him stronger than Ryo... Art of Fighting 3 , robert was the main character

I dont know about his most recent incarnation... but in KoF 97 he was awesome

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:38 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
hmm.. I find him stronger than Ryo... Art of Fighting 3 , robert was the main character

I dont know about his most recent incarnation... but in KoF 97 he was awesome

If robert is so great, then why is it that when SNK needs to represent Kyokugen karate, it picks either ryo or mr. karate (akuma) to represent it. Not Robert, this is becuase he is weaker than both, gmae playwise and connon wise. Ryo is the heir to Kyokugen karate, this is obvious, by Marco rodriguez (butt) reference to Ryo as the master of Kyougen. So if Ryo would lose to ken, which most people believe, then Robert would most definately get a mud-hole stomped in his arse.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 01:55 AM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* who was created first? Ken or Robert? some say SNK copied Robert from Ken of Capcom...

* and Capcom did Dan for revenge, a Robert-Ryo hybrid...

* Robert got great moves, no doubt about that... but storywise, my money's on Ken...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 02:37 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
If robert is so great, then why is it that when SNK needs to represent Kyokugen karate, it picks either ryo or mr. karate (akuma) to represent it. Not Robert, this is becuase he is weaker than both, gmae playwise and connon wise. Ryo is the heir to Kyokugen karate, this is obvious, by Marco rodriguez (butt) reference to Ryo as the master of Kyougen. So if Ryo would lose to ken, which most people believe, then Robert would most definately get a mud-hole stomped in his arse.

Ryo's kyokugen Heir because his dad is the master lol.. he wouldnt let some gaijin run the dojo

if they put 97 Robert into a cap vs snk game I'm definately sure he'd be a high teir.. (every other KoF after 97 they just kept screwing him up) have you tried 97?.. best KoF evar.. big grin

and what lead people to believe that ryo loses to ken?... I think he loses to ryu.. but I think ken is pushing it a bit far

Card Info :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
C002 [C] Ken
BP: 700
SP: 2
Backup: Sean, Robert
Helps: Robert, Kazuki
() Dotou no Seme (Rage Wave)
Keeps character out of Freeze Phase, even after attacking.
(***«) Very useful ability and good BP; if Ken had more SP, he'd be ****.
As is, Ken will see a lot of action until Terry arrives.
One gripe: Capcom/SNK broke up the team of Ken/Ryu for Ken/Robert!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
S021 [C] Robert
BP: 700
SP: 1
Backup: Ryo, Ken, Karin
Helps: Ryo, Yuri, Ken, Dan, Karin
None
(***) A good heavy-hitting bruiser to have, especially alongside Ryo.
The Kansai-accented Ryugeki student is a notch above many strong-arms
in that he at least gives 1 SP. Robert used to be Ryo's sprite-swap
in Art of Fighting's player 2; CFC2 reflects those roots by teaming
him up with who used to be Ryu's semi-double of Street Fighter 2.
The rich Garcia is also paired up with Capcom's fabulous Karin
Kanzuki and of course Dan who he shares a *slight* resemblance to.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by peejayd
* who was created first? Ken or Robert? some say SNK copied Robert from Ken of Capcom...

It can also be soundly stated that capcom took the idea of supermoves from SNK... AoF 1 was first fighting game to have them

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Mar 15th, 2006 at 04:23 AM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 04:09 AM
Sixth_Winged

gamewise.. robert unless it's SF3 Ken......well i still dunno.

Storywise..........even more clueless. Dunno the power/skill difference between these guys if there's any.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 04:32 AM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Ken kicks his ass

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 12:38 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by brainchild81
Ken kicks his ass

Finally! Somebody who knows his stuff. Look people, according to some versions of SFA 3 Ken beat GILL! do you guys understand that? Gill. Robert would be raped by Gill over and over again. So forget all that stuff on how robert used to be this bad-ass, true but the guy hasnt improved at all, unlike ryo or Takuma. So Ken, would totally Shin-shoryuken robert's disco dancing arse to death.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 04:38 PM
Gouki
Master of Ansatsuken

I have a couple of problem's or questions for you 2D MASTER. You said, "SFA 3 Ken beat GILL!", I don't ever remember Ken defeating Gill at any point, of his storyline. He couldn't even if he was Sennou Ken. He's nothing to Gill, with the exception of some play into the fight. Another thing about that is, you said SFA 3 Gill, I don't remember Gill existing at that point in time. He would of Storyline wise because it woudln't make sense. He was introduced in SF3, as the boss of the games. I'm not sure that he was fighting anybody in SFA3. Since to my knowledge he never existed. After in SF3, he did, but I don't remember any type of info of him in SFA3.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 06:30 PM
Gouki is currently offline Click here to Send Gouki a Private Message Find more posts by Gouki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

I think he meant SF3. I've heard that in the Japanese versions, Ken beat up Gill, while Ryu was beaten up by Oro. Ken is massively underrated here.
Finally! Somebody who knows his stuff. Look people, according to some versions of SFA 3 Ken beat GILL! do you guys understand that? Gill. Robert would be raped by Gill over and over again. So forget all that stuff on how robert used to be this bad-ass, true but the guy hasnt improved at all, unlike ryo or Takuma. So Ken, would totally Shin-shoryuken robert's disco dancing arse to death.
Sad, but true. Robert is my 3rd favorite SNK character and they treat him like crap.

Last edited by I-Drop on Mar 15th, 2006 at 08:34 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 08:20 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Gouki
I have a couple of problem's or questions for you 2D MASTER. You said, "SFA 3 Ken beat GILL!", I don't ever remember Ken defeating Gill at any point, of his storyline. He couldn't even if he was Sennou Ken. He's nothing to Gill, with the exception of some play into the fight. Another thing about that is, you said SFA 3 Gill, I don't remember Gill existing at that point in time. He would of Storyline wise because it woudln't make sense. He was introduced in SF3, as the boss of the games. I'm not sure that he was fighting anybody in SFA3. Since to my knowledge he never existed. After in SF3, he did, but I don't remember any type of info of him in SFA3.

Yeah I meant SF3, excuse the fawk out of me, a typed an "A". Anyways there are SF3 comics as well as Capcom releases that ive read that have Ken winning the Street fighter 3 tournament (since they got tired of RYU winning them). If you want proff its out there, you just have to look. Anyways, even if that is not connonical, they still have the possiblility of Ken beating Gill. Now, Robert has NO chance at beating Gill.
ALSO Ryo is the heir to Kyoguken karate, not because he is the son of Takuma but becuase he is the best next to Takuma. If youre going by card games roberts level is 700 Ryo is 1000. Do the fawking math.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 08:58 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Robert has NO chance at beating Gill.
ALSO Ryo is the heir to Kyoguken karate, not because he is the son of Takuma but becuase he is the best next to Takuma. If youre going by card games roberts level is 700 Ryo is 1000. Do the fawking math.

but yet robert and ken are both 700 and you think ken is worlds ahead of robert... some fawking math eh?

not to mention they been downgrading robert ever since 97 into the gaymore years.. he's just not an important character to them ever since they got those dumbass falcoon characters into their roster

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 10:12 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

I think I was the 1st one to call 'em Gaymore. Anybody using it now owes me 5 cents.smile I, like many, think those card games are dated & useless. It's weird how one who puts value into those things can consider Robert to be stronger than Ryo.embarrasment Didn't characters in those damn things pull out baseball hats & hammers out of nowhere(Might be thinking of something else)? Yeah, those things are real credible embarrasment

Last edited by I-Drop on Mar 15th, 2006 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 11:16 PM
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

but yet robert and ken are both 700 and you think ken is worlds ahead of robert... some fawking math eh?

not to mention they been downgrading robert ever since 97 into the gaymore years.. he's just not an important character to them ever since they got those dumbass falcoon characters into their roster

I said "if YOUR going by the card games" I dont take those as solid proof like most people do. I was making a point about Ryo and Robert by the way, becuase some people seem to think that Robert is more powerfull than Ryo, never was, never will be, at least by SNK's standards. As for Robert versus Ken, like I said, Ken COULD HAVE beat Gill, ken has improved alot lately so says Capcom, while unfortunely for Satsujin, Snk has never payed much attention to Robert.
And i totally agree about GAYmore ruining the king of fighters seriies, ALBA, SIOREE, AND ASH. they all suck and are LAME, they appear out of the blue and are as powerfull or even more powerfull than classics like Terry,Ryo, robert, Kyo, and Iori. Al least Camcom appreciates thier classic characters like Ryu and Ken.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 11:22 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

You owe me 5 cents now too.
I think some people use those card games only when it's convenient for the character they want to win. Ryo's number in those card games is higher than Robert's, yet through some miracle of science, a person who uses those things as evidence thinks Robert's stronger than Ryo. It would make a robot's head explode.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 11:40 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I said I believed he was stronger than ryo sheerly by 97's standards.. I never made that a global assumption (i.e. "Omg he wins against ryo in every game").. when 96 came out ryo really changed drastically (which is the kind of drastic character change I'm always looking for), but what they did to him just wasnt my style.. robert on the other hand, was.. which made him my top choice from the art of fighting world.. my 97 team was terry, robert and kim.. so much fun.. /sigh... I'd pay 50 bucks just for a remake of 97 on one of the new systems.. sad

unfortunately no SNK vs CAP fighting game [not card] has ever included robert to even catch a glimpse of this battle...

currently I still play fighting games.. but very sparingly due to the lack of reinvention.. I do intensely agree about capcom keeping it real with their classic characters... gaymore just shits all over the oldies (who are characters that practically kept the company alive lol)

I'm still sticking with robert for this match though.. even if he cant fight gill, I can beat orochi up by using him smile He has very good range and agility.. plus Hao Shokouken goes through regular hadouken and is very hard to jump over/dodge... Inei Kyaku is another favorite (rob's version of zanretsuken)

Last edited by SaTsuJiN on Mar 16th, 2006 at 12:09 AM

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 12:06 AM
I-Drop
Privateer

I said I believed he was stronger than ryo sheerly by 97's standards.. I never made that a global assumption (i.e. "Omg he wins against ryo in every game").. when 96 came out ryo really changed drastically (which is the kind of drastic character change I'm always looking for), but what they did to him just wasnt my style.. robert on the other hand, was.. which made him my top choice from the art of fighting world.. my 97 team was terry, robert and kim.. so much fun.. /sigh... I'd pay 50 bucks just for a remake of 97 on one of the new systems.. sad

unfortunately no SNK vs CAP fighting game [not card] has ever included robert to even catch a glimpse of this battle...

currently I still play fighting games.. but very sparingly due to the lack of reinvention.. I do intensely agree about capcom keeping it real with their classic characters... gaymore just shits all over the oldies (who are characters that practically kept the company alive lol)

I'm still sticking with robert for this match though.. even if he cant fight gill, I can beat orochi up by using him smile He has very good range and agility.. plus Hao Shokouken goes through regular hadouken and is very hard to jump over/dodge... Inei Kyaku is another favorite (rob's version of zanretsuken)
The last card game came out AFTER 97 though. It is sad that Robert's not in the Vs games. He should've been in CVS2 instead of boring @$$ Ryo. Ken'd beat the mess outta him though.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 10:20 PM