KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Green Lantern vs. Odin

Who wins in this epic battle?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Any Green Lantern takes this 0 0%
Hal could take Odin 1 6.25%
Kyle could take Odin 1 6.25%
John could take Odin 0 0%
Alan could take Odin 1 6.25%
Odin could take any of them! 13 81.25%
Total: 16 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The Green Lantern vs. Odin
Started by: Soljer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Soljer
Beware my Power

The Green Lantern vs. Odin

I have heard many people contest that a blood-lusted green lantern is Skyfather level, and after looking over the Green Lantern respect thread, I might just have to agree. What do you all think? Can a Green Lantern take THE skyfather? Would it make a difference whether it was Alan, Kyle, Hal, John?

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:26 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Skyfathers don't get the same representation that Green Lanterns do and most of the time Sky-Fathers don't bother with the same type of problems GL's do.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:28 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

i say gls got a real good shot almost i say kyle and hal have the best shot at it

Alan Scott Respect Tread KMC AntiMatter Corps: Yellow Dawning Sea Kings Sigs

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:29 PM
AQUA-MARINER is currently offline Click here to Send AQUA-MARINER a Private Message Find more posts by AQUA-MARINER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

It's possible, but unlikely.

I'd give a good GL (Alan, Hal, maybe Kyle/Guy) anywhere from 0/10 to 5/10 against The Man. But most of those high end feats aren't the norm for GL's, and they'd have to stay at or above Skyfather level for a extended fight just to have a chance. It's one thing to have a passionate burst of a feat that exceeds Skyfather, but it's entirely another to maintain that level for a prolonged fight.

Super-pissed or inspired GL = somewhere around 2 or 3/10. But Odin's way too powerful to go down too often.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:32 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007

I'd give a good GL (Alan, Hal, maybe Kyle/Guy) anywhere from 0/10 to 5/10 against The Man. But most of those high end feats aren't the norm for GL's, and they'd have to stay at or above Skyfather level for a extended fight just to have a chance. It's one thing to have a passionate burst of a feat that exceeds Skyfather, but it's entirely another to maintain that level for a prolonged fight.

Super-pissed or inspired GL = somewhere around 2 or 3/10. But Odin's way too powerful to go down too often.

i agree but i say gls super pissed would get at least 5/10
also if kyle could get his ring to be at that lv he could keep it their cause he does not need it to recarge it always has spare energy thats how he made it. to get it back to full power yes he recharges but non the less it still always has spare power so he can keep going non stoped

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:38 PM
AQUA-MARINER is currently offline Click here to Send AQUA-MARINER a Private Message Find more posts by AQUA-MARINER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Put Odin in asgard and a gl is boned

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:38 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Thinking about it in an A > B > C situation, I've always heard Skyfather's referred to as above Heralds, and many would argue for weeks that the Surfer could take out any Green Lantern.

I don't know for sure, though. I don't think it would be a 10/10. I would definitely give a Lantern like Hal at least 1 or 2.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:40 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

i say someone as good as hal gets at least 5/10 hes done to mainy awsome feats to not get at least that high i think u people can agree with me on that and if not i can list some of those feats if u wouled like

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:45 PM
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by He-guy88
i say someone as good as hal gets at least 5/10 hes done to mainy awsome feats to not get at least that high i think u people can agree with me on that and if not i can list some of those feats if u wouled like

Dude no way. Hal is great buts hes not talking 5 against a skyfather

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:45 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Non of them can beat Odin

Bankai.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:47 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Big Sexy

co-signed.

Alan doesn't re-charge either, unless my continuity's all mixed up. It's simply a part of him. And Kyle not having to recharge would definitely help. But then there's his loss to Surfer in the crossover to consider....it was early in his career, so I'd honestly put him slightly higher than Surfer now, but I still can't see him (or any of them) taking more than a couple out of 10 from Odin. The 'maintaining' issue I talked about earlier is the chief reason for that.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:49 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by DigiMark007

Cosign. However, Mogo takes Odin to school. wink

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:49 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

It depends concerning the silver surfer. He has the same problem as Superman and he is always holding back.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:50 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Validus
However, Mogo takes Odin to school. wink

Hahaha. Truth.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:50 PM
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

Originally posted by Big Sexy

ok here

hal brought the entire 3600 corps to its knees

beat the gardaions of the universe ass'es

save'ed the entire world by him self with the corps power witch in case u did not know is the most amazing because paralex was a yellow demon that the gardiaons imprisoned in the main power battery thats y ther was a weakness to yellow and hal was taken over by that demon and it wasent him doing those bad things when he was paralex and yet hals will power was strong enough to over come that demon in the end and save the world from the sun
and now hes going to take on ion

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:52 PM
HaSon

ok here

hal brought the entire 3600 corps to its knees

beat the gardaions of the universe ass'es

No and hell no. A majority of the Corps were away from Oa and in their sector during Emerald Twilight. Granted he beat Kilowog and Sinestro but they took him to the limits. The Guardians just stood around watching. All in all he probably took on around 2 dozen Lanterns judging by the rings he started taking and wearing which he did about half way through.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:57 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

No and hell no. A majority of the Corps were away from Oa and in their sector during Emerald Twilight. Granted he beat Kilowog and Sinestro but they took him to the limits. The Guardians just stood around watching. All in all he probably took on around 2 dozen Lanterns judging by the rings he started taking and wearing which he did about half way through.

when he took those gls and took the power battery power that took the rest of them down so i belive its yes and hell yes and i dont here u debating the other fact

Old Post May 24th, 2006 07:59 PM
HaSon

when he took those gls and took the power battery power that took the rest of them down

I know that but thats not the same as directly facing all 3600 + Sinestro + the Guardians in combat. If he did that he would have lost without a doubt just like anyone else. You're grossly mistaken if you think Hal is any kind of match for a Guardian of the Universe.

Hell, even Hal overcoming Parallax during The Final Night was thanks in part to Ganthet.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 08:05 PM
AQUA-MARINER
AntiMatter Corps

I know that but thats not the same as directly facing all 3600 + Sinestro + the Guardians in combat. If he did that he would have lost without a doubt just like anyone else. You're grossly mistaken if you think Hal is any kind of match for a Guardian of the Universe.

Hell, even Hal overcoming Parallax during The Final Night was thanks in part to Ganthet.

ur mistaken if u think hes not u see the guardians dont fight back and even if they did u see their power is focaused in to the main power battery and if they tryed to fight then they could not do as much as hal could for that long of a time i have the issue of final night it shows parallax saveing them not ganthet

Old Post May 24th, 2006 08:10 PM
HaSon

ur mistaken if u think hes not u see the guardians dont fight back and even if they did u see their power is focaused in to the main power battery and if they tryed to fight then they could not do as much as hal could for that long of a time i have the issue of final night it shows parallax saveing them not ganthet

1. The Guardians energy is not tied to the CPB. The reason they died in Emerald Twilight was because they gave their energy to Ganthet. Hal absorbing the power battery had nothing to do with it.

2. Their lazy nature doesn't do anything to detract from their power level. When they have fought they won with ease. They slaughtered the entiire Burning Martians race with ease and turned them into a science project. Compare this with John Stewart's performance against Fernus where he was owned in a few panels. Granted Hal is better than John but they play in the same ballpark.

3. Prior to the Final Night, Ganthet attached himself to Hal in order to deal with the Parallax problem himself. The reason Hal was himself in Final Night was credited to Ganthet helping him out. He was doing the same task Spectre did in Green Lantern: Rebirth except he ran out of time before he was able to finish the process.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 08:25 PM