KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Worthy Nintendo DS games

Worthy Nintendo DS games
Started by: Red Superfly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Worthy Nintendo DS games

OK, I have Mario Kart and Sonic Rush, and I'm looking at the sheer volume of great looking Nintendo DS games and I'm completely stuck on what to get next.

Animal Crossing, Advance Wars Dual Strike, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi, Castlevania?

I think I'll go for Animal Crossing, but I was wonderring which one out of all the other games I should get aswell?

Which one, out of Advance Wars, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi and Castlevania is the best? They all look like loads of fun, and I also would like to know which one will last the longest and remain fun.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 07:26 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

i would go for Advance Wars or nintendogs fo overall, gameplay, lifespan etc

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 09:07 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

If you haven't played it before, Super Mario 64 DS. Or even if you have. Awesome game.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 09:59 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Refused
Iconoclast

Honestly, i'm already bored of Mario Kart DS. They need to add some way to communicate with the players online to add some replay value and i've heard Nintendo will, hope it's true.

I have Castlevania and it was fun while it lasted but there's just not much to do after you beat it unless you're the type who unlocks everything and plays the game over again with different characters.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 10:11 PM
Refused is currently offline Click here to Send Refused a Private Message Find more posts by Refused Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Castlevania is outstanding, get it ASAP.

Mario 64 and Meteos are also both excellent.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 10:22 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Yugioh is a fun game if you like the show/card game. Super Mario 64 DS is one of the best DS games.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 12:46 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Thing is with Mario 64, I absolutely flattened that game almost a decade ago (f**k me, is it that long ago?). I still have it on the N64 too. I know there are new characters and twists to the actual gameplay, but I'm sure a friend has it too so I'll check it out before I buy it.

Castlevania seems like one of those "borrow-off-a-friend" games I guess. I bet it'll be brilliant, but one of those games where you get to the end and can't be arsed playing anymore. I heard if you have the GBA Castlevania inserted you get a special ring of some kind when you start the DS version. Sounds cool.

Nintendogs does look like fun.

I have orderred Advance Wars. Everyone seems to be loving that game and I loved the GBA version and I kinda know it'll last for ages.

I'll check out the other games, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi, the new Mario platformer (that looks fookin ace!), Metroid, Resident Evil and all the other exciting new games coming out for it. Resident Evil looks like so much fun.

Man, the DS has sh*t loads of games. My PSP is going a bit unloved. Grand Theft Auto is the only game I bother with on that now. I guess Katamari will have to hurry up and get released soon for me to care again.

The DS rocks. Cheers for the input people.

So what is everyone else looking forward to?

Last edited by Red Superfly on Dec 30th, 2005 at 01:01 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 12:58 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

Mrio 64 has a lot of new features, you can now play as luigi, mario, yoshi, and I believe Wario. Also there is like 40 new stars to find, or something

Castlevania is definately worth getting, there's more to the game then just beating it. You can collect numerous souls from enimies, and level up said souls by collecting more.

Nintendogs is really cool, too. Really inventive.

And, as I said, Meteos is outstanding, a great puzzle game, definately worth owning.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 01:05 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

No worries dude, I'll definitely try and at least play all of these mentioned.

I'd love to own them all, but, well, I'll have to hope some of these are in the January sales, because that computer I'm saving up for will have to wait if I spend it all on DS games heh.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 01:08 AM
BackFire

Ah, I see.

Yeah, new computer should always be the highest priority.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 01:12 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
Ah, I see.

Yeah, new computer should always be the highest priority.

Thing is that they're isnt any killer need to get game for me on the computer.
A year ago when I bought my computer, there was Doom 3, HL2 was going to be released and a couple of others.
Since FEAR has been released, they're isnt any really big FPS in the future, aside from maybe STALKER, whenever that gets released.

But the DS is pretty cool.
Tonight, I went to 4 stores to look for Animal Crossing, but I havnt found any yet.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 02:00 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Thhe computer would be for work-related stuff. I'm a professional 3D artist now so I need to keep my skills in top condition and do some in my free time on top of my normal 3D work. Plus I want to sort out my MP3 collection.

The fact Empire At War and FEAR both look like worth getting, along with games I've not played/haven't played in ages like black and white 2, counterstrike, and half-life 2. I'd like to fire hl2 up again and beat some ass in counterstrike once more.

Also, if I have a computer, it means I'll be able to play my DS online with that USB thingy.

Anyhoo, I've orderred Animal Crossing and Advance Wars.

That's me sorted for a while.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Dec 30th, 2005 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 02:05 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I'm surpirsed no one mentioned Warioware: Touched!... It's a brilliant little game. hundreds of five-second minigames with one or two word explanations? Gaming bliss.

If you like text-heavy/logic-heavy games, I'd suggest Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. You'll really be taxing your brain with that one, though.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:23 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Thhe computer would be for work-related stuff. I'm a professional 3D artist now so I need to keep my skills in top condition and do some in my free time on top of my normal 3D work. Plus I want to sort out my MP3 collection.

Heh, yeah, certainly need a top-notch PC to do quality 3D work without crashing every 30 seconds....

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:26 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Thing is with Mario 64, I absolutely flattened that game almost a decade ago (f**k me, is it that long ago?). I still have it on the N64 too. I know there are new characters and twists to the actual gameplay, but I'm sure a friend has it too so I'll check it out before I buy it.

Castlevania seems like one of those "borrow-off-a-friend" games I guess. I bet it'll be brilliant, but one of those games where you get to the end and can't be arsed playing anymore. I heard if you have the GBA Castlevania inserted you get a special ring of some kind when you start the DS version. Sounds cool.

Nintendogs does look like fun.

I have orderred Advance Wars. Everyone seems to be loving that game and I loved the GBA version and I kinda know it'll last for ages.

I'll check out the other games, Nintendogs, Mario & Luigi, the new Mario platformer (that looks fookin ace!), Metroid, Resident Evil and all the other exciting new games coming out for it. Resident Evil looks like so much fun.

Man, the DS has sh*t loads of games. My PSP is going a bit unloved. Grand Theft Auto is the only game I bother with on that now. I guess Katamari will have to hurry up and get released soon for me to care again.

The DS rocks. Cheers for the input people.

So what is everyone else looking forward to?

When it comes to handheld games no one can beat Nintendo.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:44 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I'm looking forward to metroid prime : Hunters

http://metroidhunters.com/

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 05:26 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

That definitly looks cool.

I like the premise also, with the other bounty hunters going for the same thing.

Too bad its not for the console

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 05:44 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

If it ever comes out... its release date has jumped almost as much as FFXII... hopefully it'll stay as March. It was gonna be January 06, November 05, October 05, September 05, May 05, and I think it was originally being planned to be a launch title... but it came with the demo instead. It looks like Hunters will be worth the wait, though.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 07:31 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

I just got Mario Kart and so far I think it's Nintendos' best game for the DS smile

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 09:48 PM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
InnerRise
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well some of the talk on here has got me thinking about getting some DS games that I didn't want before like Advance Wars and Meteos.

I did get the first Advance wars for Gameboy Advance and I got all the way to the last major battle where you control like 3 different armies or something and after a while battling and not really advancing or the opposite, I cut it off and was intimidated to go back and try to beat that ending battle because it was so big and more complicated than the other so I didn't ever go back and so i never got the second game that came out and so i didn't even give advace wars for the DS another look but maybe I should b/c i did like the game. We'll see.

And well, Meteos looked like another Tetris to me. So we'll see on that too.

A game I would say you should check out is "TRACE MEMORIES". Although i've had this game for months now, I haven't gotten around to playing it yet, but I'm still looking forward to it.

Also another game that I just got for christmas that you should check out is "TRAUMA CENTER UNDER THE KNIFE". You're a surgeon and you do surgeries on the touch screen and stuff like that. I am majoring in Medicine so I'm looking forward to playing that also. Mario Kard DS has been taking up my time so I haven't gotten around to it. But you should check these games out.

"I'll Stay Gold For U.H."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 04:32 AM
InnerRise is currently offline Click here to Send InnerRise a Private Message Find more posts by InnerRise Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote