KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Megaman runs the gauntlet

Megaman runs the gauntlet
Started by: Blue nocturne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Megaman runs the gauntlet

Megaman from megaman 7 is sent to the future to fight the mavericks from megamanX how far does he get before being destroyed:

He fights:

Spark Mandrill

Chill Penguin

Flame Mammoth

Sting Chameleon

Boomer Kuwanger

Armored Armadillo

Launch Octopus

Storm Eagle

Not he's at full power and has all his abilities from megaman 7

Old Post May 16th, 2006 07:22 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Re: Megaman runs the gauntlet

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Blue nocturne
Megaman from megaman 7 is sent to the future to fight the mavericks from megamanX how far does he get before being destroyed:

He fights:

Spark Mandrill

Chill Penguin

Flame Mammoth

Sting Chameleon

Boomer Kuwanger

Armored Armadillo

Launch Octopus

Storm Eagle

Not he's at full power and has all his abilities from megaman 7
Yikes. The reploids from 21XX are a quantum leap beyond Mega Man in every sense. He might be able to take out Spark Mandrill if he uses the Freeze Cracker from the getgo, never lets up, and uses Weapon Tanks to refuel. Otherwise, the Blue Bomber doesn't even make it past fight one. Spark Mandrill could probably take him out in 2-3 hits (reference Cutman vs X/Zero/Axl from X8).

Old Post May 16th, 2006 08:53 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Re: Re: Megaman runs the gauntlet

Originally posted by Acrosurge
(reference Cutman vs X/Zero/Axl from X8).

When did this happen, Cutman got beaten by megaman also it doesn't say much.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 08:55 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Re: Re: Re: Megaman runs the gauntlet

When did this happen, Cutman got beaten by megaman also it doesn't say much.
During Mega Man X8, X, Zero, or Axl encounter a Cutman's revived data within a reploid training facility. He's quite pathetic, and can be destroyed with 2 solid hits. Cutman and Mega Man would have comparible durability, which is why I brought it up.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:03 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Megaman runs the gauntlet

During Mega Man X8, X, Zero, or Axl encounter a Cutman's revived data within a reploid training facility. He's quite pathetic, and can be destroyed with 2 solid hits. Cutman and Mega Man would have comparible durability, which is why I brought it up.

Still megaman with the "Mega Arm" can destroy a stardroid, I'm giving him it in this gauntlet.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 09:11 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Cutman doesn't seem pathetic hear, he took 2 charged busters and was still going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e35_...ch=megaman%20X8

Old Post May 16th, 2006 10:00 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Megaman runs the gauntlet

Still megaman with the "Mega Arm" can destroy a stardroid, I'm giving him it in this gauntlet.
Spiffy! If he's at full power from Mega Man 7, he'll also have his Super Armor, Rush Jet, Thunder Bolt, Junk Shield, Freeze Cracker, Scorch Wheel, Slash Claw, Noise Crush, and Wild Coil, not to mention 4 E Tanks, 4 Weapon Tanks, one Super Tank, and the Proto Shield! With all those tanks, he should be able to take at least 5 hits.

He'll need every advantage. His first opponent is 10 feet tall and fast as heck! Spark Mandrill is known for both power and speed. His primary attack is the Electric Spark, which travels along the floor and ceiling in all directions. He's one of the more skilled members of the roster above; he was part of the Maverick Hunter's Elite 17th unit, along with Sigma, Zero, X, Vile, and Kuwanger.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 10:08 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Megaman runs the gauntlet

Spiffy! If he's at full power from Mega Man 7, he'll also have his Super Armor, Rush Jet, Thunder Bolt, Junk Shield, Freeze Cracker, Scorch Wheel, Slash Claw, Noise Crush, and Wild Coil, not to mention 4 E Tanks, 4 Weapon Tanks, one Super Tank, and the Proto Shield! With all those tanks, he should be able to take at least 5 hits.

He'll need every advantage. His first opponent is 10 feet tall and fast as heck! Spark Mandrill is known for both power and speed. His primary attack is the Electric Spark, which travels along the floor and ceiling in all directions. He's one of the more skilled members of the roster above; he was part of the Maverick Hunter's Elite 17th unit, along with Sigma, Zero, X, Vile, and Kuwanger.

5 hits, common I give him 15 hits.

Old Post May 16th, 2006 10:19 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Megaman runs the gauntlet

5 hits, common I give him 15 hits.
I gotta disagree with that. Standard X can survive around 4 hits or less from Spark Mandrill (two if Mandrill uses his ginormous strength via Dash Punch). X's armor is Titanium X, tougher than Mega Man's Ceramic Titanium. I doubt Mega Man would survive more impacts than X. Not only that, but Rock's going to have to work much harder than X would to inflict damage on these enemies. X's X-Buster is a Mark 17 Mega Buster. Rock's is at most a Mark 4 Mega Buster. His offensive technology is 13 models obsolete!

Mega Man is outclassed here, IMO. Still love the gauntlet, though. Toss in Proto Man, Bass, and Duo and you've got yourself a battle!

Old Post May 18th, 2006 01:22 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Rush is already there, okay I toss bass and treble with super armor and evil energy and I give megaman justice energy.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 04:24 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Rush is already there, okay I toss bass and treble with super armor and evil energy and I give megaman justice energy.
Assuming Mega Man and Bass team up and get refills of E Tanks after each fight, I think they could make it to Sting Chameleon. They stop there. As you know, Chameleon can cloak himself at will and his armor is really quite thick (even X's charged blasts do little damage). Add that to his Ranger Unit training, his three-way Chameleon Sting, the "Super" Sting, and his lightning fast Iron Tongue, and you've got a 20XX duo killer.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 04:38 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Assuming Mega Man and Bass team up and get refills of E Tanks after each fight, I think they could make it to Sting Chameleon. They stop there. As you know, Chameleon can cloak himself at will and his armor is really quite thick (even X's charged blasts do little damage). Add that to his Ranger Unit training, his three-way Chameleon Sting, the "Super" Sting, and his lightning fast Iron Tongue, and you've got a 20XX duo killer.

But they have super armor on, super armor has to be stronger then X titanium.
Also megamanhas the mega-arm not the mega buster.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 04:45 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

But they have super armor on, super armor has to be stronger then X titanium.
Also megamanhas the mega-arm not the mega buster.
Doubtful, since the Super Armor never provided more durability than Ceramic Titanium, only increased firepower and air mobility. Titanium X alloys were among the last breakthroughs Dr. Light created, significantly long after he created the Super Armor adaptor for Mega Man and Rush. It is extremely illogical that Dr. Light would have clad X in an alloy weaker than earlier alloys such as Ceramic Titanium. It can then be assumed that Titanium X > Super Armor and that Super Armor = Ceramic Titanium.

The Mega Arm is helping the team, as will Mega Man's immense physical strength (via Mega Uppercut), but you have to remember that Mega Man and Bass are at a major technology disadvantage; they're fighting with abilities that have been outdated for a century. Not only that, but they are fighting intelligent, skilled reploids (not limited AI robots), each with years of experience hunting down technologically advanced reploids. Those are bad odds for the 20XX team no matter how you slice it.

Last edited by Acrosurge on May 18th, 2006 at 06:13 PM

Old Post May 18th, 2006 06:09 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Doubtful, since the Super Armor never provided more durability than Ceramic Titanium, only increased firepower and air mobility. Titanium X alloys were among the last breakthroughs Dr. Light created, significantly long after he created the Super Armor adaptor for Mega Man and Rush.

The Mega Arm is helping the team, as will Mega Man's immense physical strength (via Mega Uppercut), but you have to remember that Mega Man and Bass are at a major technology disadvantage; they're fighting with abilities that have been outdated for a century. Not only that, but they are fighting intelligent, skilled reploids (not limited AI robots), each with years of experience hunting down technologically advanced reploids. Those are bad odds for the 20XX team no matter how you slice it.

But X and Zero were technologically outmatched in the Z series, they managed to come out strong.Don't forget megaman has protomans sheild since this is megaman 7 full powered (All items ) megaman.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 06:11 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

But X and Zero were technologically outmatched in the Z series, they managed to come out strong.Don't forget megaman has protomans sheild since this is megaman 7 full powered (All items ) megaman.
Forgive me if I sound as if I'm arguing, but I really love weighing in on all this background information from my favorite series!

You must remember that X is a special case. His power potential is limitless, therefore, unlike Mega Man and Bass, he can match the advantages of any technology. He can never become obsolete!

Zero's original body possessed the potential for limitless power also, when combined with a certain Virus. However, he was transferred to a copy body in the Zero series, which was significantly weaker than his original body. He prevailed during most of the Zero series with his incredible combat skills, experience learned with his original body over centuries. The Zero series gameplay reflects this; take a couple hits, and you're dead. His durability certainly wasn't up to snuff, but he was also able to keep pace with other, more powerful reploids by using Cyber Elves to increase his own abilities.

So you see, you can't really draw a comparison from X and Zero to Mega Man and Bass. X and Zero had A) The benefit of limitless potential or skill, or B) Powerups from the century in which they were fighting. Mega Man and Bass do not have the advantages of either. As such, the odds are against them getting to the end of the Gauntlet. But I'd cheer for 'em from the sidelines!

Go 20XX!!!

Old Post May 18th, 2006 06:24 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

So how far do they make it, how many mavericks are killed?

EDIT: Megamans battle experience should hand a helpng hand.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 06:31 PM
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

So how far do they make it, how many mavericks are killed?

EDIT: Megamans battle experience should hand a helpng hand.
Mega Man's experience helps big time, and with all their gear, I'd say they make it to Sting Chameleon, who has the skills and powers to take both of them apart. Chameleon is a beast without his weakness.

Old Post May 18th, 2006 08:02 PM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

I remove bass.

Old Post May 22nd, 2006 06:30 PM