KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Gill (SFIII third strike) vs. Igniz

Gill (SFIII third strike) vs. Igniz
Started by: the Darkone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
the Darkone

Question Gill (SFIII third strike) vs. Igniz

Gill
(SfIII:third strike)

vs.

Igniz

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 03:44 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

I think this is a draw... Igniz has those huge juggle combos and some pretty heafty amounts of Priority, but Gill's got the elements, goot priority on his regular attacks, a multihitting projectile, Ressurection and Seraphic Wing.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 03:33 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

gill takes this with ease.

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 10:56 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Igniz feeds on fighting energy, anyway gill wins, igniz lost to kyo, iori and K.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 11:02 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shin_remy

Gill takes this like Emperor Ashtar said

Old Post Aug 18th, 2006 11:52 PM
shin_remy is currently offline Click here to Send shin_remy a Private Message Find more posts by shin_remy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

Gill's got some juggling as well... pretty much restricted to the corner though

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 09:45 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Frisky Dingo
Frisky Wolf Lord

gill can make meteors rain from the sky

Saikyo Ryu, LEARN IT!

Old Post Aug 19th, 2006 08:57 PM
Frisky Dingo is currently offline Click here to Send Frisky Dingo a Private Message Find more posts by Frisky Dingo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Remulous
gill can make meteors rain from the sky
lol

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:10 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Gameplaywise, Igniz. I really hate the guy, more than I hate Gill. But unfortunately, he owns Gill's ass. The brutal god project alone would almost give him the win. Igniz is just more powerful than Gill. Storywise, hard to call.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:21 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

If were comparing gameplay wise, igniz would pwn.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2006 10:24 PM
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Igniz feeds on fighting energy, anyway gill wins, igniz lost to kyo, iori and K.

Actually he lost to kyo,iori,k, terry, kyo and many of the others in the cast of KOF. I dont think Gill could have done that. I say Igniz, all the way.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 04:44 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Actually he lost to kyo,iori,k, terry, kyo and many of the others in the cast of KOF. I dont think Gill could have done that. I say Igniz, all the way.

Hence he lost to weaker characters, And where does terry come from. Kyo and iori inserted the their flame powers into K' creating the "Justice flame" that jobbed igniz.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2006 10:49 PM
2D_MASTER
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperor Ashtar
Hence he lost to weaker characters, And where does terry come from. Kyo and iori inserted the their flame powers into K' creating the "Justice flame" that jobbed igniz.

Yeah he lost to TONS of weaker characters. You missed my point again. He took on ALMOST THE WHOLE CAST of Kof, all at once by himelf, Including Terry you should read some of the Offical 2001 story line.

Shut up! It's Daddy, you shithead! Where's my bourbon?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:16 PM
2D_MASTER is currently offline Click here to Send 2D_MASTER a Private Message Find more posts by 2D_MASTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Yeah he lost to TONS of weaker characters. You missed my point again. He took on ALMOST THE WHOLE CAST of Kof, all at once by himelf, Including Terry you should read some of the Offical 2001 story line.

What's your point, He wouldn't be much of a boss if he couldn't beat the cast of weaker characters now would he, Hell Zero did the samething. Doesn't change the fact kyo,K, and iori beat him soundly after everyone was K.O'ed now does it.

And what feats does he have to par against gill, beating weaker characters doesn't tell me jack. Guy and cody plow through TONS of weak canon fodder all day, should they be boss status?! Bison in alpha 3 did the samething, except he didn't lose like igniz. Gill, even fought weaker people at the sametime, so, how does that help your argument?

Last edited by Classic NES on Oct 27th, 2006 at 03:40 PM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2006 03:29 PM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Oh boy... another quarrel bitween you two...

Alright, lets put this into perspective a little... Asthar - you list all of Gill's feats and abilities, as well as any weakneses (Don't be shy on that last one ok.

2D - you do the same for Igniz, then we can draw a conclusion based on these facts (And don't put in any bullshit - I do know the story of KOF well enough to spot a lie when I see it)

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2006 05:22 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Gill is the owner of the power of miracle, which is why he can perform "The Ascension".

Gill enjoys learning, and is constantly trying to improve himself
both mentally and physically. He's very knowledgeable of countless
martial arts and hopes to obtain the ultimate fighting style.

His fighting style is " "Fighting Techniques of the Mysterious Organization" There are 66 secret techniques of the Mysterious Organization,including Resurrection. It's impossible to master all the fighting techniques of the Mysterious Organization.

Gill is VERY powerful, storylinewise. He can also create fire and ice
out of with his mind, and he can UN-create fire and ice, as well.

He can also ressurect himself, even from death (if something ever
somehow manages to kill him in the first place). And even then, his
organization, like Shadaloo, also makes back-up bodies for him (you can see
one in Urien's Third Strike ending, too). Though his organization makes
much better back-up bodies than Shadaloo did, so no "Gill being in a new
weaker body" for Gill. And his soul is immortal, like M. Bison's

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 02:44 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Bison's soul is not immortal, as evidenced by Gouki's killing him with the shun goku satsu. And I have my doubts about Gill surviving one after having used ressurection. Gameplaywise, Gill has only two things that are really boss-like, his meteor shower and Seraphic wing supers. Though Gill has high priority and damage, he is none the less playable and beatable. Igniz on the other hand, has never been playable. The question is, which is worse, making a boss character toned down enough to be compedative, or not making a guy playable at all because there was no way to tone him down enough to make him fair?

Ashtar, you haven't given us any concrete information as Darkstorm asked for. You've given us some vague info, very little of which has to do with the arguement at hand. you also left out some important info. Like that Bison was more powerful than Gill at his full power, and the reason Bison's body was inferior was because he merged back together with his good side and the psycho drive's destruction. It wasn't the quality of the bodies, it was the source of his power itself that made Bison weaker. Also, as mentioned, Gouki easily killed Gill with the shun goku satsu.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 04:24 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Bison's soul is not immortal, as evidenced by Gouki's killing him with the shun goku satsu. And I have my doubts about Gill surviving one after having used ressurection. Gameplaywise, Gill has only two things that are really boss-like, his meteor shower and Seraphic wing supers. Though Gill has high priority and damage, he is none the less playable and beatable. Igniz on the other hand, has never been playable. The question is, which is worse, making a boss character toned down enough to be compedative, or not making a guy playable at all because there was no way to tone him down enough to make him fair?

Oh brother, Trickster, were not comparing them in terms of game mechanics. Were comparing them within their respective plots and feats I.E. stroyline comparison. And the Shun-Goku-Satsu did not kill bison, It dumped his soul in hell. Bison's soul is immortal since he transfered bodies couple of times, gill can do the same.

Ashtar, you haven't given us any concrete information as Darkstorm asked for. You've given us some vague info, very little of which has to do with the arguement at hand. you also left out some important info. Like that Bison was more powerful than Gill at his full power, and the reason Bison's body was inferior was because he merged back together with his good side and the psycho drive's destruction. It wasn't the quality of the bodies, it was the source of his power itself that made Bison weaker. Also, as mentioned, Gouki easily killed Gill with the shun goku satsu.

What does bison and gouki have to do with this debate, why would I mention them. Bison is dead by the time gill comes into the story and Gouki doesn't even know who gill is.

DarkStorm asked me to list gills strength and weaknesses, and I did.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 04:32 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Wrong on the last count. Gouki does know who Gill is and he killed him before the tournament started, as I said.

From Wiki: "As with the second World Warrior tournament, Akuma did not enter the third World Warrior tournament, but once more lurked in the shadows. He even successfully pulled off a Shun Goku Satsu on the tournament sponsor Gill, although he left without realizing that Gill had resurrected himself."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akuma_%28Street_Fighter%29

Here is the link if you want to check.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 04:54 AM
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Wrong on the last count. Gouki does know who Gill is and he killed him before the tournament started, as I said.

From Wiki: "As with the second World Warrior tournament, Akuma did not enter the third World Warrior tournament, but once more lurked in the shadows. He even successfully pulled off a Shun Goku Satsu on the tournament sponsor Gill, although he left without realizing that Gill had resurrected himself."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akuma_%28Street_Fighter%29

Here is the link if you want to check.

Wikipedia is not the authority of canon, it's not even a good source for the canon.

And that event is full of hot air, alex fought gill an won the tournament, so, how could gouki sneak in and kill him?!

Plus, they got the gouki's storyline wrong.

Last edited by Classic NES on Oct 29th, 2006 at 05:27 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2006 05:19 AM