KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Soul Calibur Vs. Tekken

Soul Calibur Vs. Tekken
Started by: luffyjin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
luffyjin
Dinner

Soul Calibur Vs. Tekken

all ive been hearing from my freind lately is how soul calibur rules and i disagree yes its a good fighter but not enough to beat tekken am i correct what do u think? Happy Dance

:O

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:07 PM
luffyjin is currently offline Click here to Send luffyjin a Private Message Find more posts by luffyjin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hoshi

i think it would be a draw

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:14 PM
Hoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Hoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Hoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
luffyjin
Dinner

tekken

i think tekken would be best because of the longitivity its been going for along time and it still manages to entertain for hours Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:17 PM
luffyjin is currently offline Click here to Send luffyjin a Private Message Find more posts by luffyjin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
M Hoshi 89

i know tekken is older than soul calibur, but just like tekken sould calibur was a revolution of the fighting games,although i still think tekken would win, but barely

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:22 PM
M Hoshi 89 is currently offline Click here to Send M Hoshi 89 a Private Message Find more posts by M Hoshi 89 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
luffyjin
Dinner

well said

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:23 PM
luffyjin
Dinner

but tekken would win! totally just beacause it doesent rely on a weapon to make a character to make it looks strong

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:23 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Thats the linchpin of Soul Calibur though, your saying that a guy with no weapons beats a guy with a sword because he's using a sword? thats wierd...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:36 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
luffyjin
Dinner

no im saying that weapons dont make anyone stronger

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:38 AM
Darkstorm Zero

It depends on the weapon, you compare the Devil Power to that of Soul Edge, and I garuntee you'll think twice... smile

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:42 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
luffyjin
Dinner

true but i think they give the impression off to kids that thats the way to fight it aint hahaha u fight with ur fists and feet only and may b a devil or two stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 08:45 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Soul Blade and Calibur where set in a far more brutal age, and speaking of not using weapons, look at Raven, Kunimitsu and Yoshimitsu!
*Shock horror!*

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:01 AM
luffyjin
Dinner

ah u hav a point there

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:05 AM
Darkstorm Zero

Forgot Gunjack and Jack 5, they use GUNS in their arms!

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 09:20 AM
badacyborg

tekken all the way. Even though there is a yoshimitsu (my favorite character) in both, kazuya and bryan make all the difference. btw, did anyone know that the yoshimitsu in tekken and yoshimitsu in soul calibur are different individuals. i think soul calibur yoshimitsu is an ancestor or something.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 08:44 AM
badacyborg is currently offline Click here to Send badacyborg a Private Message Find more posts by badacyborg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I say soul cal.. the tekkens are tourneys run simply for the hell of it.. while soul calibur (and its counterpart soul edge) are swords that could shape or break the story's 'world' as we know it, and are thus sought after by many war ravaged champions to bring honor to their nation

In my opinion.. since the purpose of soul caliburs story is associated with such epic heroes, I dont really see tekken standing a chance

if you're asking which is my favorite.. soul calibur also... and tekken is growin on me a bit more, since owning 5

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 24th, 2006 10:54 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Hmmm...well let's look at this way.

If you are looking for a more by the book fighting game - Tekken is definitely the way to go. Graphically, the newest entry in the tekken series - Tekken 5 - is one of the most beautiful games to look at on the PS2. Soul Calibur 3's graphics are more less a little off par with Tekken 5.

If you are looking for cooler characters and more emotion - Tekken again takes the win. Heroes like Jin Kazama, Hwoarang, and of course Kazuya and Heihachi add to the games depth.

If you are looking for a more INTERESTING game - Soul Calibur wins. It's fighting is more loose and adaptable, as opposed to Tekkens more stiff and solid fighting style. The weapons and stances in Soul Calibur help add to their originality. I feel as though you would have more fun with games like Soul Calibur then Tekken.

Looking for a good story? - This is hard to call. Soul Calibur would clearly have the edge of Tekken with its "legendary" atmosphere and "A tale of swords and souls - eternally retold." The story in Soul Calibur is like watching a movie or reading a book.

Tekkens Story mode is rather bland. It's on again off again "is this canon? Is this what happens?" may add to the mystery, but more often than not it's just kind of makes you wait around. Whereas Soul Calibur is a legendary story, Tekken's story mode is more or less "Another Tournament! And now another!" I will give Tekken plus points with its different side stories and rivalries.

So all in all which of the games is better is completely up to the player. I personally own most of the Tekkens, and the latest Soul Calibur.

Where as Soul Calibur seems more "loosey goosey" and fun to play, Tekken is a game that is fun to master, and really shows how good you are at games. Being "nasty" at Tekken is more respectable then being "nasty" at Soul Calibur.

then again, this is just my opinion.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 01:20 AM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

I agree with most of what you said except the part about the interesting characters. That is a debatable question.

Characters like Siegfried, Zasalamel, Kilik, Nightmare, taki, Mitsurugi, and raphael, have great stories.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 03:57 AM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Both are great series bu NAMCO, but Tekken would prevail!

I would love to see a fight between Yunsung and Hwoarang!--2 red-headed Korean kickers.

I've noticed a historic discrepency while playing Soul Caliber: It takes place about a century before Tae Kwon Do was invented, so Yunsung shouldn't have those kicks. erm

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 04:10 AM
Darth Callous is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero

I beleive i will stick with my original decision, Tekken, while they are great fighters, no question, can't compare with guys who fight for survival on a daily basis using and defending against lethal weapons, some of which are mystically empowered.

The Devil power pales in comparison to Soul Edge, by many orders of magnitude.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 09:37 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

In an actual fight Soul caliber takes it . Easily. Soul-Edgte can tear the universe apart , steal souls at a touch and has some sort of unexplained energy wave/fear aura. Most of their bosses can use lasers as well.

Game wise I'd personally say Soul caliber again , Tekken is all fine and dandy , but lush visuals aside it's the same game..again..and again. Soul caliber continuously changes. Last tiem we had a 'On the rails' style of 'Adventure mode' , now we have a RPG adventure .

Old Post Jun 25th, 2006 12:15 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote