KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Can Roland Kickinger Replace Arnold?

If there was NO other choice but to replace Arnold in T4 do you think he could do it?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 4 33.33%
Never 2 16.67%
Neither, no Arnold then no T4 6 50.00%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Can Roland Kickinger Replace Arnold?
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Can Roland Kickinger Replace Arnold?

If Arnold absolutely had to be replaced for Terminator 4 I would rather it be by Roland Kickinger than say Vin Diesel, The Rock, or someone similar.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanZeke25
I hope Arnold can be in T4, it will feel wierd without him. I think it'll be good still, but it will be better with him. And Roland Kickinger looks jts like him. I wish they could get him.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

What do you think?

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 07:38 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Roland Kickinger's Bodybuilding Competitions

Ironman Pro Invitational
Arnold Classic
Mr. Miami Classic - 1989
Newcomer Champion Austria - 1992
Mr. Powerhouse -1994
Mr. Muscle Beach - 1994
Mr. Universe - 1995
Arnold Classic - 1996
San Jose Pro Invitational - 1997
Night Of The Champions - 1997
Ironman Pro Invitational - 1998
San Francisco Pro Invitational - 1998

Height: 6'4

Off Season Weight: 320 lbs.

Competition Weight: 300 lbs.

Roland was born on March 30, 1968 in Vienna, Austria.

He's Austrian, he bears a striking resemblance to his hero and he's got bulging biceps he likes to call "my little Alps." Who better to play Arnold Schwarzenegger in a U.S. made-for-TV movie than actor Roland Kickinger?

Inspired by the Schwarzenegger film "Conan the Barbarian," Kickinger began bodybuilding at a gym in Vienna in the 1980s. Now he's starring as a young Schwarzenegger in "See Arnold Run," a film being made by the cable channel A&E.

Kickinger, a former Mr. Austria who says he befriended Schwarzenegger and has idolized the California governor for years, told Austrian television Thursday it's a dream role.

Kickinger, 36, who recently gained U.S. citizenship just as Schwarzenegger did in 1984, moved to California in 1995, where he earned cash by flexing his muscles and posing for tourists for $3 a pop.

"What Arnold has done for me and for every bodybuilder and immigrant is amazing," he said. "I'm one of his biggest fans."

Kickinger, who won the title of Mr. Austria, which Schwarzenegger held in 1964, didn't have to work on his accent. "I could easily feel how things must have happened to him in the beginning."

Footage of Roland Kickinger playing Arnold and interviews HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Aug 13th, 2005 at 08:18 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 08:12 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

I don't think he could ever replace Arnold. That doesn't mean the couldn't use him though. Why not have him as a Model 102 or 100 or something, so it's like it's a similar design to the Arnold-model, but not quite the same.

That said, I'm not really interested in a T4. I will see it because I am a fan of the first two, but to me it seems that 3 and 4 were made just for the sake of profit and not driven by the same creativity that was in the first two.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 08:10 PM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

He definately could replace Arnold if need be, but my point is, why should any of the Termniators be big hulks of muscle anyway?

In fact, there is no real need to have a human exterior anyway, their purpose was to shield their appearance when they went back in time, something which is totally uneccessary when the war unfolds.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 12:50 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chriscaffee

Don't forget T1. The Terminators were originally designed as infilitration units. In the future they still have super strength, but plasma weapons can cut them down just as easily as they can humans. Their only advantage in the future is their ability to carry much bigger weapons like that huge phased plasma cannon that the future Terminator in T1 had.

Besides think of it as camoflage. All (well most) SkyNet units are all networked so friendly fire isn't an issue for them, but if TechCom sees endos they know to shoot. If they see a guy wearing rags, there is at least some hesitation and that could give the Terminator the edge it needs in a battle or assassination attempt.

You are right about the Terminator not having to be muscly. Just look at Robert Patrick. Sure he was fit, but he wasn't a body-builder and he was still very intimidating and a very believeable character.

The original concept of the Terminator was more like the T1000. He was just an average looking guy that could disappear into a crowd and kill you for seemingly no reason. I believe the detective was originally cast as the Terminator until they decided to have Arnold do it instead.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 05:22 AM
chriscaffee is currently offline Click here to Send chriscaffee a Private Message Find more posts by chriscaffee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

he really does look a lot like Arnie. quite freaky that they're both from Austria as well lol

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 12:24 PM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

I think he could.

Does anybody else think that Vin Diesel would be a good Terminator? Or am i the only one? He is supposed to be a macine after all so he doesnt have to be a good actor.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2005 06:58 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah I'd have preferred him over the TX actually.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2005 10:20 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konjammenson

No one can ever replace an original. Even if he looks like Arnold, he simply isn't Arnold; therefore it's not the same. Interchaning actors for a lead role is only excusable in large franchises. Or in Harry Potter 3 because that other guy died.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2005 06:54 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 08:25 PM
barand1

Something pervy about that pic. blink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jul 18th, 2006 10:18 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Originally posted by barand1
Something pervy about that pic. blink

It's because of what he's saying during that scene, wink

The only reason I used it though is because it's the only moment in the film in which Roland has the same wardrobe/plus hair style and they re-inact something straight from Arnie's "Pumping Iron".

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 03:18 AM
barand1

He looks very homosexual in that pic. Which is off putting.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 01:28 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

If you say so, wink

Another:

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 10:56 PM
barand1

This guy has nothing on Arnold!

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 11:25 PM
Praylu

He's the only person I know who bears any resemblance to Arnold, something very rare. Physically, voice, his background, etc.

Don't you think he'd be great in a Conan film as King Conan's (Arnie) son? Or an alternate T-850 model in T4?

Old Post Jul 19th, 2006 11:38 PM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Is he from Austria too?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:37 AM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

LOL yup, he's from Austria. Freaky stuff that is.

He'd make a good son to Conan, though I'm not too sure about him being Arnold's replacement for T4. He could be a T850 with a different skin. That'd be good.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 08:33 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Can this guy act? I know some say Arnold can't, but over the years I think he has improved a lot. Better some 'professional' actors.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 12:01 PM
Praylu

Originally posted by barand1
Can this guy act? I know some say Arnold can't, but over the years I think he has improved a lot. Better some 'professional' actors.

I haven't seen all his films, however based on what I saw in "See Arnold Run", he isn't too bad an actor.

Originally posted by TMACalicious
LOL yup, he's from Austria. Freaky stuff that is.

He'd make a good son to Conan, though I'm not too sure about him being Arnold's replacement for T4. He could be a T850 with a different skin. That'd be good.

I agree, he could definitely play a new skin. In T1 Arnold's long time friend and fellow bodybuilder Franco Colombu played a different skin in that flashback scene that Reese had. Seeing as he already looks much like Arnie, it wouldn't be such a stretch.

If Roland were replacing a Terminator 1 looking Arnold back in the day then it might have been a different case. wink

And yeah off-topic, but I can easily see him playing the son of King Conan with Arnie playing an more aged version which would be the best direction to take with another live-action film I believe. The last Conan left so much to the imagination at the end when Arnie was sitting on the throne-Too bad this flick only exists in a fanboy's dream lol.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 05:24 PM