KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Did Jack KNOW what Liz was about to do?(spoilers)

Did Jack KNOW what Liz was about to do?(spoilers)
Started by: LovelyOne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LovelyOne

Warning Did Jack KNOW what Liz was about to do?(spoilers)

I just saw a fuller version of the Kiss scene..When ever Elizabeth speaks, Jack squints a little bit as if he's a tad suspicious of her even when she's about to Kiss him..he looks suspicious as if "hmm this is too good to be true"

I have a feeling that he knew she was about to do something bad to him to save her own skin, which IMO is not what the audience first think it is, She's actually putting a stop to the temptation of Jack..so it's forcing herself to go with Will..even if its not what she wants...you can see how hard she's finding it to not kiss him again... so its a selfish act on her behalf.

Jack also knows that Liz has tried seduce him before and then stabbed him in the back laughing out loud "but why is the rum gone?"

But to allow her to do it this time..with his already suspicious mind.....was this for him to actualy SEE if she was doing it because she was fearing her temptation..or was she doing it because she really wanted to save Will?...Well by the end of that scene..you can see him smirking at her reaction (she's finding it hard to lie to herself) ..which is pretty satisfying to him...He just proved to himself that he was right about her..He IS getting under he skin..and its NOT really about her saving Will..its about saving herself from "what could be" between the two..and he KNOWS it laughing out loud JAck is often 10 steps ahead of everyone...

here look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtDYT2XfRLE

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 31st, 2006 at 12:44 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 12:39 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

oh gosh, i go back and forth.

i dont think jack is thinking too much once the kiss actually starts. its hard to be conniving or planning or being suspicious when you have just been swept off your feet.
Liz's lead in to the kiss (about how he came back) is a tad suspicious to be honest. she hesitates quite a lot, and someone as keen as jack would be sure to pick up on that. but i figure he throws caution to the wind once they actually touch...
and then he finds it incredibly amusing that 1. he got tricked by her (AGAIN) and 2. she came over to his side, as he predicted, but at the wrong time for both of them, lol.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 12:43 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Yeh its easy to get torn between the two suggestions..

thing is though the way he smiles as soon as she chains him there..its as if its like "ha I knew it" there is no surprise in his face at all laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 12:45 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Thats very true actually katelovespirate , he could have seen that hesitation and stopped it but the kiss swept him of his feet....but did he spot that..and then decide to actually let her do it so he could test to see what her true intentons where?: "are they real feelings for me? Is she just betraying me for Will? Is she betraying me because she is threatened by "me and her"?"

and by allowing her to do it to him, he actually proves once and for all that YES she has REAL feelings for him and those feelings are becoming so strong for her that they threatening to her..He can see that its not really about her wanting to save Will at all..So Jack's smiling thinking "YES..I'm getting to her more than ever"

I also notice that will says "We can get away as it takes down the pearl" Will knows there is a chance to get away safely under Davys nose (he's done it) with Jack and he says it right there infront of Liz and she knows they can get away too quite safely. She knows she is lying through her teeth about it being for the others..and so does Jack..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 31st, 2006 at 01:34 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 01:27 PM
lovethemtigers

OMG sometimes I think, even myself, is analyzing this movie more than it was ever dreamed possible. I too found the new extended version of the kiss and have watched it over and over....when he tells them to abandon ship and she says' "Jack's right, we need to get to land", do you see the look they exchange - they understand each other.

IMO, she is suddendly overwhelmed by the fact that he is a good man....He is suddendly everything she has ever wanted - he's a pirate - he's conniving and manly, yet, he's a good man underneath it all putting others and their needs before his needs. That's why all of sudden she is overcome with the selfish impulse to kiss him, to see what he taste like and to chain him so that she is not faced with the choice. I said this several days ago when I noticed her say "this is the only way, don't you see"....in other words I can't have you and Will both...I can't hurt Will, he'd never understand...so she is doing away with the temptation, it's a dangerous game she is playing, and one she surely regrets later.

I'm not sure if he knows what she's up to until the moment she snaps his hands in the cuffs. If you watch it and pause it for a brief moment their is a look of shock on his face just as it snaps....the best shot of the kiss is when you pause just as she appears to be going in for another kiss right after she says "it's the only way, don't you see"....that's a great shot they, both of their eyes are close for that brief second...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:12 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

Additionally, she is very, very attracted to him. That is very evident....that's why she can't help herself...she's suppose to be so in love with Will, yet at the same time that "Poor" Will is stuck on Davy Jones' ship she and Jack are coming onto each other....

I love the look on Jack's face on the beach when Will returns and he tells Elizabeth tricked him onto Davy Jones' ship - Jack's face is like "no, don't tell her that" and Liz says "What?" and his is nervous so his response back is in the same high-pitched voice "What!" Darn it, he thinks, I'm caught.....

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:15 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Yeh I understand where you are coming from, you are probably right. I was just thinking it would make a bit more sense of the curiosity scene where she tests him to see what he feels..so I thought he might be testing her to see what she feels about him..and he looks pretty pleased..

I don't know if there was an intent moment of understanding on Liz behalf in that scene..the way I saw it..she said it very quickly and in a guilty way.. which makes Jack squint....to me he just looks a bit suspicious of what she's saying and how she's saying it..

I also agree about that "this is the only way don't you see" I think that was more about her trying to convince herself that it was the only way out..when it wasn't..

OH YEH that part where they both have their eyes closed..that was HOT! and the "I'm not sorry" after she kinda refrains from kissing him..she's like "no..don't give in" then says that as if to try and force herself to let go..

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:25 PM
katelovespirate

possibly the hottest moment of film ever shot. that kiss. its outrageous.

its interesting that Liz seems to have no fear of Jack calling to the crew for help. Once she chains him, she seems certain he will stay and wont yell for help.

i love how he just keep smiling and staring at her mouth and stuff. i love how she she stays so close to his mouth. its so intimate, there is such a bond there, so much closeness and understanding even in the midst of this horribly tense moment.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:30 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Oh I also noticed that Gibbs line "abandon ship or abandon hope" then cut to Liz's reaction..its seems to overshadow what she's about to do to Jack..might have promted her to actually do it..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 31st, 2006 at 04:36 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:31 PM
katelovespirate

omgsh. its too hott. its unbearable. LOL. its so amazing. this has to be Jack Sparrow's best scene.

He's looking at her, and his look is honestly saying "you just became the hottest thing in the world to me for doing that."
there are no "jack sparrow" desperate escape attempts, he doesnt call for help, he doesnt suggest she unlock him, he just smiles at her, opens his mouth when she leans in for another kiss.
at one or two moments when liz is trying to explain herself, there is this wonderful sense of the mentor going, awe darlin, i wish i could help you understand what you want, but i guess you have to figure this one out for yourself...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:39 PM
LovelyOne

quote: (post)
Originally posted by katelovespirate
omgsh. its too hott. its unbearable. LOL. its so amazing. this has to be Jack Sparrow's best scene.

He's looking at her, and his look is honestly saying "you just became the hottest thing in the world to me for doing that."
there are no "jack sparrow" desperate escape attempts, he doesnt call for help, he doesnt suggest she unlock him, he just smiles at her, opens his mouth when she leans in for another kiss.
at one or two moments when liz is trying to explain herself, there is this wonderful sense of the mentor going, awe darlin, i wish i could help you understand what you want, but i guess you have to figure this one out for yourself...

OMGGG that is soo true..I'm totally feeling that vibe when I watch that scene..If you watch it with no sound on you can CLEARLY see whats really going on between th two..which is "I cant leave you..but I have to end it now to stop the temptation..oh damn this is fun..I want another kiss..Jack I cant leave..but I have too.OMG you're smiling at me..OH a pirate am I?!!"

and jack thinking "holy shit thats hot..oh you want another kiss?? no..ok I'll just smile at you..I'm proud"

and you are right..

There's no desperate escape attempts..until AFTER she leaves laughing out loud He's totally stunned and turned on by the whole thing..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 31st, 2006 at 06:11 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 06:05 PM
katelovespirate

Originally posted by LovelyOne
OMGGG that is soo true..I'm totally feeling that vibe when I watch that scene..If you watch it with no sound on you can CLEARLY see whats really going on between th two..which is "I cant leave you..but I have to end it now to stop the temptation..oh damn this is fun..I want another kiss..Jack I cant leave..but I have too.OMG you're smiling at me..OH a pirate am I?!!"

and jack thinking "holy shit thats hot..oh you want another kiss?? no..ok I'll just smile at you..I'm proud"

and you are right..

There's no desperate escape attempts..until AFTER she leaves laughing out loud He's totally stunned and turned on by the whole thing..

yes absolutely... along with everyone else with the world. smile

it makes me happy to know that no matter what happens in the next movie, we still have the world's hottest kiss to enjoy.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:23 PM
vegaofthelyre

I was going to make some intelligent comments on this thread but I made the mistake of watching THE KISS clip again. I get pretty speechless for a little while after that. hehe

Anyway, watching the clip carefully, I agree with you guys. You can see that slight reserve on Jack's part as Liz suddenly goes all "goo-goo eyed" with admiration for him, "You came back... I knew you were a good man." He's like.. HMMM last time she was this "admiring" and sympathetic, she got me roaring drunk and then burned the RUM!" ahhaha. But as she kisses him, all those reservations go out the window. Not only is the kiss itself smoking, I'm sure the imminent threat of death added an extra sparks of heat.

All I can say is.. Jack is so incredibly hot here as he willingly acknowledges the fact that she's basically one-upped him, so to speak. That slow, knowing smile... AHH! I think the sexiest thing about it is that Jack really appreciates a woman who can challenge and be a match for him. He's not threatened by it at all; in fact, it makes Lizzie more desirable in his eyes. That moment where both of them have their eyes closed might possibly be their closest moment ever-- it's kind of their silent admission of mutual admiration.

What a man. big grin big grin

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 08:58 PM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Originally posted by vegaofthelyre
I was going to make some intelligent comments on this thread but I made the mistake of watching THE KISS clip again. I get pretty speechless for a little while after that. hehe

Anyway, watching the clip carefully, I agree with you guys. You can see that slight reserve on Jack's part as Liz suddenly goes all "goo-goo eyed" with admiration for him, "You came back... I knew you were a good man." He's like.. HMMM last time she was this "admiring" and sympathetic, she got me roaring drunk and then burned the RUM!" ahhaha. But as she kisses him, all those reservations go out the window. Not only is the kiss itself smoking, I'm sure the imminent threat of death added an extra sparks of heat.

All I can say is.. Jack is so incredibly hot here as he willingly acknowledges the fact that she's basically one-upped him, so to speak. That slow, knowing smile... AHH! I think the sexiest thing about it is that Jack really appreciates a woman who can challenge and be a match for him. He's not threatened by it at all; in fact, it makes Lizzie more desirable in his eyes. That moment where both of them have their eyes closed might possibly be their closest moment ever-- it's kind of their silent admission of mutual admiration.

What a man. big grin big grin

brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. smile Yeah i always get speechless as well. If i want to talk about something, i just dont watch it until after i comment. lol. HAHAHA. that kiss is SMOKING.

MUTUAL ADMIRATION. thats gorgeous. thats truly beautiful. they both have great faith in each other's ability to get out of scrapes and be clever and all, which we will see more in the next one... smile

Yes, Jack appreciates a woman who can challenge him. YAYAYAY! smile thats so lovely. Its so hott when they both have their eyes closed.
basically i am not saying anything clever, just agreeing with everything already said. smile hooray!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:03 PM
LovelyOne

EDIT - this was meant to be posted in the "Solving the debate" thread..dony know how I made that mistake laughing out loud

Thats true actually. It did look like she was intimidated by him..the way she just leapt right into it was HOT!

I think Jack has the charisma..but she knows that underneath he's not all that confident. She is one of the rare people who has seen him laid bare and it revealed to her that he can be pretty weak..I thik he knows this..and thats why he is so at ease when around her..thats the REAL confidence coming out..

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 31st, 2006 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:12 PM
LovelyOne

You know what. I just noticed something else..She steps closer, looking at his lips as if to kiss him, she then looks up and sees that he's giving her an uncertain look, she stops..watch her reaction as she spots his face, she looks as if she feels guilty. Then she just dives right into it before he can say anything. Its like she desperately wants the kiss but hates what she's going to have to do once she does..

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 12:14 PM
lovethemtigers

Originally posted by katelovespirate

This so true....I've felt that same thing - even though she has just chained he there he still would willing give her another kiss...I said that once before, it's like why doesn't he call out for help or try to use one of his crazy analytical versus for why she should promptly unchain him - he doesn't even seem to care, just smiling - he knows she has just crossed that line, even though she has chained him and left him to die, in a way it tells him that she HAS chosen him over Will...even though she doesn't even realize it yet....

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 01:13 PM
lovethemtigers

Help. I'm going crazy. All I want to do is watch these clips from POTC 2 over and over especially the new extended version of the kiss. Guess what? Went seen it on the big screen yesterday again...I cheated (i was a pirate)////when that one was over and went caught the last half of the movie (from Tortuga till the end) in a movie room a few paces down the hall....couldn't help myself the temptation to see Jack Sparrow again and again is too much to resist.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 01:19 PM
LovelyOne

Originally posted by lovethemtigers
This so true....I've felt that same thing - even though she has just chained he there he still would willing give her another kiss...I said that once before, it's like why doesn't he call out for help or try to use one of his crazy analytical versus for why she should promptly unchain him - he doesn't even seem to care, just smiling - he knows she has just crossed that line, even though she has chained him and left him to die, in a way it tells him that she HAS chosen him over Will...even though she doesn't even realize it yet....

To him. Death was worth that moment with Liz.

He didn't want to interrupt what she did..otherwise that would mean she would do the right thing and let him go..which makes her less pirate-like and less suited to him.

Yes he knows that she is doing it because she HAS fallen for him but cant accept it..thats why he said "PIRATE" to her just before she leaves..its like.."You're Mine now" in other words Its to make her see before she goes that she Isn't suited to Will at all... Will dislikes dishonesty in pirates.. so now she's not suited to Will anymore..but if she let him go..she would be just like Will instead of like Jack.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 1st, 2006 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 01:22 PM
LovelyOne

LOL i love how she is just desperatley trying to lie about why she's doing it and Jacks just looking at her lips and smirking as if to say.."oh just cut the crap, shut up and kiss me again" He's not interested in why she did it because he already knows why.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Aug 1st, 2006 at 01:41 PM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 01:37 PM