KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » I have a question

I have a question
Started by: LiL nAstY GirL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

I have a question

Ok, I finally saw this movie last night, and I have one question. Jack's compass points to what ever you want the most. When ever Jack looked at it, it kept changing. What was it pointing to? I know that one was The Dead Man's Chest, but the other(s)?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 04:35 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

well everything else he wants ... i suppose he wants the isla de muerte treasure back, and that's scattered all over the place, and theres probably millions of girls out there hes after, possibly elizabeth is one of them, who knows, random bits of treasure, or other priceless objects ... for now we're not meant to know - he's just a greedy pirate who wants more ...

might become more obvious later though!!

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 05:31 PM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Thanks.

I hope we do find out eventually

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 05:33 PM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JohnnyBloom
humiliated grapes

no problem

if we don't then its not important, it just means that he's being a greedy pirate and wants more than he can have!!! big grin

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:07 PM
JohnnyBloom is currently offline Click here to Send JohnnyBloom a Private Message Find more posts by JohnnyBloom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

it kept moving because he didn't know what he wanted.
remember when tia dalma said "ohhhh, jack sparrow doesn't know what he wants!" and then jack said something that i can't remember.......anyways, yeah. that's why it kept moving. i think he was trying to decide between the chest and doing the right thing by helping will. maybe. or not.erm

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 06:35 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Legendary Thor
Dark and Vengefull

Cool i woud want a compas like that THAT WOUD ROCK

Old Post Jul 20th, 2006 07:11 PM
Legendary Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Legendary Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Legendary Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain Kate

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jessigem
it kept moving because he didn't know what he wanted.
remember when tia dalma said "ohhhh, jack sparrow doesn't know what he wants!" and then jack said something that i can't remember.......anyways, yeah. that's why it kept moving. i think he was trying to decide between the chest and doing the right thing by helping will. maybe. or not.erm

when tia dalma said that she also said something like he didn't want to admit to what it is that he wanted, if that makes sense. so maybe what he wanted was to do the right thing, and that's what the compass was pointing to.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 02:19 AM
Captain Kate is currently offline Click here to Send Captain Kate a Private Message Find more posts by Captain Kate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Re: I have a question

Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
Ok, I finally saw this movie last night, and I have one question. Jack's compass points to what ever you want the most. When ever Jack looked at it, it kept changing. What was it pointing to? I know that one was The Dead Man's Chest, but the other(s)?

Even Tia said Jack didn't know what he wanted. Jack is sort of selfish like with the dirt.

Tia: Well if you don't want it give it back.

Jack: No. *Jack embaces the jar of dirt and holds on to it tightly*

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 02:20 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Might have been pointing to Liz' location as she was moving about. I say this becuase She's never there when he looks at it but when he finally DOES look at it and she is in close contact with him it points right at her..and suddenly "works for him" He thinks its the chest but if the compass wasn't showing him the chest throughout the entire movie then why did it suddenly do it right there? It was just pot luck she was sitting on it IMO. when Liz says "It doesn't show you what you want most" the camera didnt have to pan up to reveal Liz's face as Jack said "yes it does" if it was really pointing at the chest ....

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 21st, 2006 at 10:45 AM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 10:36 AM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Also If what I say is true it would make sense of the fact the compass worked again for him whilst he was escaping on the small boat.

In my opinion, I think Jack would have gone back to save them anyway even if he didn't look at the compass. He has done the right thing before in the last movie based on his honest streak and he would have done it again here too.

The compass was possibly pointing at liz trapped on the pearl. Like I said before why would the compass work for him now and on the beach when through most of the film it "didnt work" for him?

And then the first person he see's as he gets back is Elizabeth, there is definatley a moment there between the two...It symbolizes a bond.

I dont think he has realised what his heart truly wants yet, either has liz..even will hasn't...We'll probably will see this later on in the films.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 21st, 2006 at 12:50 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 12:45 PM
LovelyOne is currently offline Click here to Send LovelyOne a Private Message Find more posts by LovelyOne Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*-=Fat sacK=-*
S.S.S Shagadelic

Just a thought mabey the compass is pointing at the black pearl itself. Like when Jack is on the pearl and looks at the compass it goes all crazy since it can't point up or down directly at the pearl. That could also explain again why Jack returned to the Pearl when the kraken attacked.

Aurum potestas esthappyGold is power

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 12:52 PM
*-=Fat sacK=-* is currently offline Click here to Send *-=Fat sacK=-* a Private Message Find more posts by *-=Fat sacK=-* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LovelyOne

Originally posted by *-=Fat sacK=-*
Just a thought mabey the compass is pointing at the black pearl itself. Like when Jack is on the pearl and looks at the compass it goes all crazy since it can't point up or down directly at the pearl. That could also explain again why Jack returned to the Pearl when the kraken attacked.

When he is sitting in his cabin the compass goes crazy but it does settle north East. So I dunno if it really was the black pearl then it wouldnt have settled. He was pretty willing to leave it too until she chained him to the ship lol.

And the compass also worked for him on the beach, it pointed at Liz and not the pearl.

I say its liz and not the chest on the beach because the comapss "wasn't working" for him when looking for the chest throughout the movie and it suddenly did there which makes no sense unless it was really pointing at her.

He also seems to show more disregard to the pearl then in the previous movie. When Gibbs says "JACK the pearl?" when they are about to leave it.. Jack says "she's only a ship mate"

Perfect example of how all the characters main priorities are changing in this movie.

Last edited by LovelyOne on Jul 21st, 2006 at 01:25 PM

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 01:20 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

THANK YOU. someone finally pointed out that at the end it could've been pointing to The Pearl. maybe all the other times it was pointing at liz, maybe not. but at the end, i think it was pointing to the pearl because he's the captain and he loved that boat. so maybe his heart was telling him to go down with the ship, like a true captain would. OR it could've been pointing to the whole crew because they had helped him so much and he didn't just want to let them die.

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 03:30 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by LovelyOne
When he is sitting in his cabin the compass goes crazy but it does settle north East. So I dunno if it really was the black pearl then it wouldnt have settled. He was pretty willing to leave it too until she chained him to the ship lol.

And the compass also worked for him on the beach, it pointed at Liz and not the pearl.

I say its liz and not the chest on the beach because the comapss "wasn't working" for him when looking for the chest throughout the movie and it suddenly did there which makes no sense unless it was really pointing at her.

He also seems to show more disregard to the pearl then in the previous movie. When Gibbs says "JACK the pearl?" when they are about to leave it.. Jack says "she's only a ship mate"

Perfect example of how all the characters main priorities are changing in this movie.

Actually Jack was very sad when he said "she's only a ship, mate."

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 03:32 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
blackpearl44

^^ True, Jack still loves the Pearl.....however, he may be realizing that he loves something else a little more.........liz?......good possibility........

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 03:36 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

hmmm i got the feeling that it was just Liz's prediction coming true. It was pointing back toward the action because he wanted to be a hero. He wanted to do the right thing.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 03:41 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Originally posted by blackpearl44
^^ True, Jack still loves the Pearl.....however, he may be realizing that he loves something else a little more.........liz?......good possibility........

That or Jack just wants Elizabeth like every other woman in the world.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 03:47 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 03:50 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Come on, he went with Tia that clearly says if it's a woman Jack wants it.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 04:17 PM
blackpearl44

But, we don't know wheather he went with Tia or not......and even if he did, it dosn't mean he wants every woman he sees.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 04:30 PM
blackpearl44 is currently offline Click here to Send blackpearl44 a Private Message Find more posts by blackpearl44 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote