KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Knights of the Old Republic

Knights of the Old Republic
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

Knights of the Old Republic

I just read the X-box magazine and it says that a new RPG game called Knights of the Old Republic will come out in the fourth quarter this year.

It looks like a lot of fun!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 02:53 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I heard about this. It is based 400 years before TPM.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 03:05 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

I think the graphics will be great anyway....but will the game itself feel like Star Wars?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 03:52 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

You definately can't judge it by the movies because it is set waaay before them.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 05:36 PM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I;ve talked about KOTOR loads of times. It has been in development on the PC for ages. And it is going to be DAMN good, by the looks of things.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 06:46 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Is it also going to be available for online play?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 06:57 PM
Julie
The Student

Not sure, but I would guess not b/c they have galaxies coming out for PC.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:08 PM
LanceWindu

Why not do both? It would sure get moe people online a the same time.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:13 PM
Julie
The Student

True....but if you draw too many people on at the same time you could upset the balance of the world...... wink

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:28 PM
LanceWindu

It would probably slow down connection time for us 56k users.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:29 PM
Julie
The Student

True....I was talking about the real world.....what if the water purifiers all decide to go on strike and not work 'cause they wanna play!!!!!!!.....Star Wars could cause chaos wink

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:34 PM
LanceWindu

Well it causes chaos whenever the movies come out.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:36 PM
Julie
The Student

Chaos can be good evil face wink I mean hey it is Star Wars!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:41 PM
LanceWindu

Go Star Wars!

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:42 PM
Julie
The Student

Absolutely!.....what would us poor directionless people do w/o Star Wars to take our mind off the cares of the world?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 08:52 PM
LanceWindu

Who knows.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 09:34 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

KOTOR is a story-bassed game and not a persistent world and so might not be suited for on-line play.

That said, I expect it to have the same range of options as the Baldur's Gate games, which were made by the same people. These games were two of the finest ever to come on the PC, each lasted many months of playing time with almost totally non-linear scenarious, branching plotlines and dialogue choices and even in-party romances based on the sex and profession of your character and those with him. The multi-player options (co-operative play only) were astounding.

When they said that Bioware were doing a Star Wars RPG as well, it was a VERY happy day.

I think I have a thread about this buried deep inside this section somewhere; in wich I posted a link with some details about the game. I'll see if I can find some details again

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Mar 10th, 2002 11:37 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Yeaaa....***stubborn childish voice***...I wanna play now wink

Old Post Mar 13th, 2002 03:31 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I note that, just to irritate me, its PC release is being delayed until after the X-Box. PURELY because they don't want it to calsh with Galaxies. Bastards. I'd rather they ditched Galaxies, myself...

BtVS

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 06:28 PM
LanceWindu

Those jerks! How could they delay any SW game???

Old Post Mar 15th, 2002 06:48 PM