KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » From the Final Fantasies whose better Tidus or Squall

From the Final Fantasies whose better Tidus or Squall
Started by: Kenshinswife

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

From the Final Fantasies whose better Tidus or Squall

Me an my friend are in an argument and we wanted to know From final Fantasy eight and final fantasy 10 whose better and why? Please help us out!!

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 03:03 AM
Kenshinswife is currently offline Click here to Send Kenshinswife a Private Message Find more posts by Kenshinswife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Tidus was kinda of an annoying S.O.B. and Squall was completely devoid of a personality. I'm leaning on Tidus because I liked his voice; friendly and likeable.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 03:06 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I liked tidus.. he was such a big support anchor for the rest of the group. Even during the most hopeless times he would cheer or do something silly to brighten the groups spirits... and in the end I think thats why wakka called him a little kid, but he was a very crucial in helping the group meet their task.

squall.. eh... I dunno.. he had no voice, so it was hard to tell his personality.. I like the way he looks though.... I just thought the ff8 story sucked on the whole.. especially with dialogue like "chicken wuss"... sick

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 03:50 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I agree Satsujin. During the first half of FF8 Squall didn't give a rat's ass about Rinoa. Then suddenly he declares his agonizing love. WTF!? Oh and the enemy was a German sorceress from the future. God knows how they worked that bit in.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 03:52 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bettyboop
Betty

Love Squall vs Tidus

Alright I can see everyone is not like squall but lets point out a few things. Rinoa as sweet and carefree as she was-you can't warm up to a person that quickly-I mean look what's he been through-his past and all that. That gives him a reason to be distance and somewhat cold-
So think about before you completly go to Tidus. Tidus is like a happy go lucky guy who has a few issues in his own past but not as good of a story as squall-
Second Squall gradually warms up to the Rinoa-think about it

I probally spell a few names. Sorry if I did

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 04:19 AM
Bettyboop is currently offline Click here to Send Bettyboop a Private Message Find more posts by Bettyboop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bettyboop
Betty

I meant not liking squall-duh

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 04:21 AM
Bettyboop is currently offline Click here to Send Bettyboop a Private Message Find more posts by Bettyboop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

everybody meet the chump i am arguing with!! BettyBoop!

"So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life."

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 04:22 AM
Kenshinswife is currently offline Click here to Send Kenshinswife a Private Message Find more posts by Kenshinswife Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Tidus.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 06:01 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Re: Squall vs Tidus

quote:
Originally posted by Bettyboop
So think about before you completly go to Tidus. Tidus is like a happy go lucky guy who has a few issues in his own past but not as good of a story as squall-
Second Squall gradually warms up to the Rinoa-think about it
I probally spell a few names. Sorry if I did

What I think, is that squall fighting with seiffer is just about as much a cliche as tidus being happy-go-lucky (which I truely admire since his dad was such a bastard for no apparent reason... his resiliant happiness is a key personality trait and the reason why I selected him)... squall on the other hand is very square... he smiles.. but you dont feel it like when tidus smiles... maybe it was because of the technology available back then, I dunno.. perhaps a remake could help me identify with the character.

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 06:53 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Ryugen
No longer hairy

I have to go with Squall, he was better trained, had his own base and small army of SeeD (even though you couldn't use them) and managed to get on my nerves a lot less.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 10:58 AM
Lord Ryugen is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Ryugen a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Ryugen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tilien
Straight Jacket Dealer

Tidus...

I'm Back!
xD

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 11:01 AM
Tilien is currently offline Click here to Send Tilien a Private Message Find more posts by Tilien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phoenix Aska
<Insert title here>

Squall

squall was bad ass.

Tidus was a pansy. He cried and was too paranoid. His voice was annoying and I just didn't like the guy very much at all....

Squall had better limit breaks and better weapons too.

In battle one on one Squall would win with his experience as a SeeD member. He also has the limit break Lion Heart which was awesome.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 03:37 PM
Phoenix Aska is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix Aska a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix Aska Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Squall. The slightly darker, less cheery character seems more deep, more lifelike. Squall was complex, a loner and prefers to be that way.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:34 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kenshinswife
Flash Cry

Okay benfit of the doubt Tidus did cry but so what? It was a perfectly good reason.... I mean Look at this he didnt even now how to use his sword and look how good he got right? He had a messed up family background with his mom not even caring about him whenever Jecht left. Then he fell in love and had to leave her because he was a mere Dream...I mean come on rpg's dont get more touching than that...Although Squall had that cool Gun blade..look at Tidus sword that thing is beautiful...and then tidus's appearance is way better than squalls.......Tidus all the way baby!!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:34 PM
Maverick2364
Jedi Master

Tidus since he has 255 all stats and can play Blitzball. There is also a fun mystery to his background and his connections with Jecht whereas Squall is so intrapersonal that you know little about him.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2005 09:36 PM
Maverick2364 is currently offline Click here to Send Maverick2364 a Private Message Find more posts by Maverick2364 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dazzler619

Tidus.He is more handsome

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 03:25 AM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

character wise tidus i suppose...

in a fight squall'd take him apart...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 03:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bettyboop
Betty

Love Squall

I'm no chump Kenshin"s wife-anyhow-Tidus is softer of course but way too soft he lets things get to him (I mean crying gesh) Squall is a bit too cold I admit but just as Tidus has had all this stuff happen to him-Squall been through the same-he just took a different route and besides when Rinoa came along that all change-
His limt breaks are better and if you look deep enough the guy's got a heart of gold (Okay maybe not) but he a much better hero then Tidus-you can't be hardass and cool being sweet and soft and crying (Tidus)
But I like his up beat nature sometimes-and no he doesn't look better-look at those pants althrough Squall"s jacket was crazy. (But hot) smokin'

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 03:46 AM
Sweet Escape
Paparazzi

Tidus

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 03:52 AM
Sweet Escape is currently offline Click here to Send Sweet Escape a Private Message Find more posts by Sweet Escape Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Squall is WAY better than Tidus. Tidus is easily the most annoying video game character I've ever seen. Squall had the whole "I don't want to do this why the **** am I saving the world" badass thing going on, which I liked. They both were unexpectedly turned into heros, but while Tidus is like "okay! Whoohoo!" Squall really didn't want that role. Overall Squall is the more realistic the two. Plus that scar...gotta love it.

I think the bit with Ultimecia saying everything with k's instead of c's is supposed to represent her having an accent, since they don't actually have voices. Though I'd have to say "KURSE YOU!!!" is pretty damn funny laughing out loud

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 13th, 2005 05:22 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote